X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

I thought the same the thing, but I checked and even ended up resetting it just to be sure it was on low. Still, the issue persisted. Maybe it's an isolated incident, but I'd beware. Keep plenty of altitude in case you need to fly her back in with little to no power.
    It has hundreds of flights on it now. If something happens it will just be its time. I love the plane though and always check things pretty good before I make my flights.

I did my amp readings with a clamp meter and it was well below what the esc is rated at... let's just hope that I can get the max amount of life out of it!
    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• A couple of awesome evenings flying and jamming with the Tbird.
      HP 1680 motor inrunner going in when the fan and shroud arrive from Motion. Density altitude is a HUGE factor with this bird flying it in the mountains near Salt Lake City.

Comment

• Rob repainted his and had it up recently ... Dude has rude piloting skills AND airbrushing skills too!

Comment

• Has anyone else had this happen? I pulled out of a high speed dive, as fast as it would go, and the plane pulled so many Gs that 2 of the missiles snapped in half... it what my 5th flight on the airplane and I fly off the golf course next to my house. So they were never damaged from transport or had stress put on them other than a few flights. The plane did show signs of rough or poor shipping. MotionRC gave me a new canopy but there were signs of pressure being put all over the fuselage. I should have sent it back but I was too impatient. I guess I’ll drill a hole through the center and add a CF dowel.

Comment

• I decided to go 8s after I bought this from RC Castle. It was $190. I’m selling it for the same amount I paid so I don’t have to pay to ship it back to China.
            Attached Files
            This is the Freewing Inrunner 1680Kv upgrade that is sold out at MotionRC. - Motor:: 4068 1680Kv Inrunner Motor (Installed). - Rotor: 90mm, 12 Blade Normal. - Rotor Blade Material : Nylon Composite With Fiber. | eBay!

Comment

• Those things had to have some kind of stress fracturing already, can't say I've ever seen anything like that before.

Comment

• I would say they snapped in flight, you said you pulled a hard G dive, when I flew with them on, you can see that are bowed one way or another, depends on how sharp or high G your turn is, my buddy saw his do the same thing but we didn't try a hard G dive, just normal flying they flex really bad, I won't fly with them on now. Run a small dowel down the middle or carbon rod?? just a thought.

Comment

• The foam missiles are weak and you not only apply G when pulling high G, you apply side load airflow to the missiles.

Watch the direction they bend in videos, they bend nose to the inside of the turning arc. G is not pulling the nose of the missile out, airflow is pushing the nose in toward center of the turn. The side load air far exceeds the G force acting on the missiles.

I plan to remake the foam missiles I have using model rocket tubes.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Yeah, I,ll put either a small dowel or servo linkage in the center for support.

I know the airflow assisted in them breaking. The wings flexed so much that it created wrinkles in the foam on the wings and dented the top of the fuselage where the wings join together.

Comment

• Damn sure gave it hell! Wow!

Comment

• I wish I recorded it. It was actually me pulling hard to avoid hitting the trees. Haha

Comment

• Lol oh yeah that would have been an epic video!

Comment

• Anyone have any thoughts on the 3D F4 exhaust nozzles fitting the F16?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                              Rob repainted his and had it up recently ... Dude has rude piloting skills AND airbrushing skills too!
                              Good looking plane!! I am still considering getting one of these birds and putting in the new fan set ups that have worked out really well in the F-15... And my buddy has a new afterburner design that will make this look even more like the plane that flies at nellis!!!
                              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Get one goon, you won't regret it, no need to upgrade, I can get 3 minutes with throttle management, little slow at first but once you get the gear up it moves along pretty good, by far my favorite to fly, of course I do love the F-16 anyway. It does everything well, slow flight is unreal how it can sit there with a high AOA and holding up elevator, it will just sit there and float along. Turning, no problem, kick in some rudder at the same time and you will have a high G turn, it snaps rolls very well too.....:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                  Get one goon, you won't regret it, no need to upgrade, I can get 3 minutes with throttle management, little slow at first but once you get the gear up it moves along pretty good, by far my favorite to fly then f course I love the F-16. It does everything well, slow flight is unreal how it can sit there with a high AOA and holding up elevator it will just sit there and float along. Turning, no problem, kick in some rudder at the same time and you will have a high G turn, it snaps rolls very well too.....:Cool:
                                  I have flown a stock older 1450kv equipped plane and it flew great! It take a lil bit to get started as you said but once up and moving there is no issue. It is severely overweight in stock form and needs to lose some weight which will really boost performance! I would get a kit plus and then go from there. I have at least 4 set ups just sitting there with no plane to go into...

Comment

• Wasn’t my best landing :) dropped straight to the ground from 8 feet or so on final. It wasn’t a stall... but if it was windy so who knows.

Comment

• Been there done that, I hate it when it happens too.

Comment

• First flight with a 40cc power Cap 232 (my first larger than .91 glow size model), I thought everything was going just fine on landing approach until the airplane just fell 4 ft straight down.

No used to the appearance of a big plane on approach and misjudged speed.

Wind shift near stall and the airplane can become a rock with no warning also.
                                        When they just drop like a rock... its a stall.
                                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Exactly

Comment

Working...
                                          X