X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Jet Juggernaut,
    A long approach was needed! But actually, I had a little more trouble holding the wings level and headed in the right direction! The throttle input was actually constant so once I established the speed I needed, I left it alone. I think more of a headwind would have certainly changed the amount of roll out. It seems to be a fairly stable model if I keep power in on final. I did land a bit short on the second landing and because there is just a small patch of earth just before the pavement, the Sabre got a little air. More power and it was down safely. I will have the chance in the morning to face a headwind. Looks like a pressure front will move in about the time I hit the field. Things will change with a 10mph headwind or maybe a little crosswind, as is the case in Arkansas! I'll send a reply after I get back tomorrow.

Comment

• I have a question...if i put the power system from an avanti into my old f86 saber would i gain anything.in speed or preformance it is rated 100kv higher but i dont know about the fan it self plus the f86 is 300 gr. lighter

Comment

• Hi Hotrod23t, I would ask xviper about this. He seems to me to be up to scratch on the EDF jets. If not, Alpha can probably chime in. I'm still new to this thread, and can't really have any advice about switching out motors or such.

Comment

• whats the scale of this f86?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
            whats the scale of this f86?
            [(1200 mm)/(25.4mm/in)] / [37 ft *12 in/ft] = 10.6% or 1/9.4
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

• thanks

Comment

• couple shots from a cold tx day in killeen

Comment

• got a few more flights yesterday in a stiff wind and she flew like on rails and landed like a trainer love this big jet

Comment

• looking good man! we have been grounded here due to winds
                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• ya we get the storms and winds a day ahead of you

Comment

couple shots from a cold tx day in killeen
                        Mine is still in the box. Had 13 inches of snow over the weekend plus I really don’t know if the bird will take off on our grass field but we’ll see

Comment

• use half flaps on grass takeoff and it will probably fly right off

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                            Mine is still in the box. Had 13 inches of snow over the weekend plus I really don’t know if the bird will take off on our grass field but we’ll see
                            The F-86 does great on grass.
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

use half flaps on grass takeoff and it will probably fly right off
                              Our flying field is pretty much like Ryan’s field from motionrc minus the runway. I seen the grass ops vid they did with flaps on the F-4 so I have hope :Cool:

Comment

• Got a few flights in in the 14 mph wind with f86 and rebel both flew great

Comment

• had a club event with a radar gun to see who had the fastest plane...I don't have any really fast planes so just took out my standard plane the f86 and the t1... pic is at 131 in the dive but settled to 90 after leveling off...fastest of the day was a small racer plane at 140 but last week a guy had a 201 mph run but couldn't make it saturday

Comment

• Sunday flyer. Hot temps here in tx guy with camera saying lower. Lower lol

Comment

• That's a good looking bird

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	04992198-D803-434D-82A0-88ED48142B26.png
Views:	675
Size:	428.3 KB
ID:	132769Click image for larger version  Name:	1F62C678-51DD-4EF0-9B1D-6529683558D8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	254.4 KB ID:	132624 Did my maiden on mother’s day and it was an uneventful moment once airborne, flying off grass.
                                        I am using the admiral 4000 with the tail sit cg and no issues.
                                        I am thinking about switching to the 1800kv being that I have a castle 100 esc lying around and maybe some different tires to help get off the grass sooner... any suggestions? Thanks

Comment

• I just started flying EDFs about 3 weeks ago So after this small clip of my maiden I upgraded to 2 1/4 in dubro lite treaded wheels on mains and moved one original main on front gear. I went with a 1850kv with a castle 100 esc. Hope to fly this weekend with better take off results :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X