Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes she flies like on rails. I land with high alpha attitude and full flaps for a less long rollout but it is very long without full flaps. The only problem is heavy cross winds where I often get a wingtip drag cos that big rudder gets pushed around. I just put wingtip skids on and no problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by roys001 View Post
      I've had My F-86 for about a month. I'm running the 6s 5000mah battery. Carving out the canopy was not a problem. For me however My flight times seem to be limited to 3 minutes. The plane flys great. Like already mentioned wind is just not an issue. I've started practicing a steeper approach angle with flaps in light winds and I'm getting some nice squeaker landings. I have noticed though that the tires are getting flat spots on them. I'm wondering if anyone else is having that problem?
      Most probably your lipo battery. I know several people with this plane and all get AT LEAST 4 full minutes of mixed flying on 6S-5000's. One guy gets 3.5 minutes on a 4000 so all other things being equal, it leaves the battery. Taking off ordinance will also help a bit. Also, I have two 6S-5000 lipos from two different makers and I never had to carve any foam. I just dropped the ESC down in the air stream and put the battery all the way back in the compartment and all fits well. I even have a 130 amp ESC in mine when I upgraded to FMS 3270-2000 motor/fan combo.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	35C5DA06-863F-4BFA-B4E6-C888201526A8.jpeg
Views:	1171
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	182224 I moved my ESC below the balsa deck. It made a lot of difference in battery placement. I’m only getting around 3:00 to 3:15 as well. That’s with the drop tanks. I will take them off and see if that helps some.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post

I even have a 130 amp ESC in mine when I upgraded to FMS 3270-2000 motor/fan combo.
          Did you have to do any carving to change out the motor to the FMS? I've read that's a great combo on this jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kokopellimusic View Post

Did you have to do any carving to change out the motor to the FMS? I've read that's a great combo on this jet.
            It took me only one evening, I don’t remember the details now but it was very minor and really just a drop in. Really noticeable upgrade, 15% more power I would guess. Sound is as good or better too. I did have to rearrange for the bigger esc but it all worked with no big mods.

Comment

• the fms 2000kv fan and a freewing 100a esc in mine really made a difference...batteries and esc come in barley warm after 3 to 4 min highly recommend it...you do need to cut a slight bit of foam at the rear of the fan housing...very little easy install...make sure u get the 100a or bigger esc..

Comment

very minor foam removal but huge upgrade in performance!!
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I have a set of used retracts laying around in great condition, I painted the hubs. If anyone needs them... just pay for shipping.

Thanks,
                  Paul

Click image for larger version

Name:	C0B78421-9BE5-4C61-9B10-054FF5EC45BF.jpeg
Views:	1136
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	185810

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                    I have a set of used retracts laying around in great condition, I painted the hubs. If anyone needs them... just pay for shipping.

Thanks,
                    Paul

Click image for larger version

Name:	C0B78421-9BE5-4C61-9B10-054FF5EC45BF.jpeg
Views:	1136
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	185810
                    Sent you a pm

Comment

• Hey guys, have any of you found a good silver paint match for touch ups? Thanks.

Comment

• I’ve used these Krylon premium metallic paint that I got at Michael’s. I’ve had good results on Natural Metal finish aircraft. Should work well on the F 86 - which I have yet to unbox. :Silly:
                        Hope that helps you.

Comment

Hey guys, have any of you found a good silver paint match for touch ups? Thanks.
                          The Tamiya chrome silver X-11 is a good match for me. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190413_154408.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	189871
                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Hey everyone. Admittedly, I’m being a little lazy here. Rather than researching and reading 21 pages in this forum, I’m wondering if anyone has flown the F 86 with the Admiral 5000 6S pack? Is it too heavy? Or will it work? Thanks for the input!

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
                              Hey everyone. Admittedly, I’m being a little lazy here. Rather than researching and reading 21 pages in this forum, I’m wondering if anyone has flown the F 86 with the Admiral 5000 6S pack? Is it too heavy? Or will it work? Thanks for the input!
                              I have not but I have flown mine with the RC Jetwerks 5300 60c and it flew fine but it was a little heavy. I think the Admiral 4500’s work well.

Comment

• Yes, I fly with Admiral 6S-5000 and it's made for this jet...nice power, 4 full minutes of mixed flying.

Comment

• I have flown it with a CHNL 6s 6000mah 70c battery. Trust me that's a big battery, 4.5 to 5 minutes of flight time. Lands a wee bit faster but still easy to grease her on, it's the only time I land with power on for this bird, unless winds dictate otherwise I usually land power off.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
                                    Hey everyone. Admittedly, I’m being a little lazy here. Rather than researching and reading 21 pages in this forum, I’m wondering if anyone has flown the F 86 with the Admiral 5000 6S pack? Is it too heavy? Or will it work? Thanks for the input!
                                    Shouldn't be a problem I would think, I fly mine all the time with Gensace 5000 60c pks, it handles it just fine, I fly a little nose neavy anyway on all my jets so it flies just fine and lands like a trainer, I can grease it right in on the mains with the drop tanks on.:Cool:

Comment

• Thanks to all for the battery info. I do appreciate it. Looks like I need an F-86 in the hanger... ;-)

Comment

• I'd like a little more speed for fluid aerobatics I've got a few FW power systems to include a 6 blade and 9 bladed fan. Has anyone had success using another FW power system set up in their F-86. Keep in mind I've been flying this one since about 2015 stock so not sure if they upgraded the power system for the ones they sell now...:Confused:

Comment

• first flight on the 2100kv fan tomorrow...hope I got that darn fan back on right lol ill let ya know if I think its faster then the 2000kv fan

Comment

Working...
                                          X