Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am thinking about ordering one of these. I would like to paint a different scheme. How would one go about removing the decals on this plane without ruining it?
    Thanks!!
    Anthony

Comment

• You can just paint over then since they are water sldes.

Comment

• Waconut I agree with Scootergenie, the waterslide decals are best painted over. The finished result is much more readily attainable. What scheme are you planning on painting?
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
          Waconut I agree with Scootergenie, the waterslide decals are best painted over. The finished result is much more readily attainable. What scheme are you planning on painting?
          I would paint it overall chrome then the red, white and blue Skyblazers paint scheme. Always loved that paint scheme.
          Attached Files

Comment

• I just ordered the high performance version. I just had back surgery on Friday so by the time the F-86 arrives I will need something to keep me occupied the next few weeks .

Comment

• Next few weeks Waconut more like the next couple of hours .It goes together well and is a improvement on the old outrunner version .I have both versions of the F 86 .The old one with the outrunner in only just gets off on our grass runway .The new Highpower F 86 is airborne halfway down the strip. Hoe your back is OK and you get back to full health quickly

Comment

• I can never leave anything stock. It will be getting a complete new paint job. I will be doing the Skyblazers paint scheme. I have already sent Callie an email about the graphics I want.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Can't wait to see it ! Keep us posted with lots of pics.

Comment

• Hi guys,
                    I am trying to find some decent pictures to supply to Callie to get decals made for the Skyblazer paint scheme. There is a shield on the side of the fuselage and I cannot locate a decent picture to get decent details. Does anyone have a picture of this shield?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• WN, I found this logo for the USAFE F-86F, however, it doesn't look like your photo which could be the logo for the American team, don't know. When the "Skyblazers changed to differing aircraft, it looks like logos changed as well. Second logo is for the F-100 as an example. Additionally, have you seen this website, it is just great. There are Aerobatic Teams for many countries, timelines, and services. https://aerobaticteams.net/en/resour...e-Gallery.html Hope some this is helpful. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic_slideshow.png Views:	0 Size:	92.6 KB ID:	244082Click image for larger version  Name:	pic_slideshow (1).png Views:	0 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	244083
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks LB,
                        I had found those as well. I just can’t seem to find a good pic of the one on the F-86 I am modeling.
                        Thanks!!
                        Anthony

Comment

• Callie e-mailed me back she already has the graphics for the Skyblazers paint scheme on file. I placed my order. This is going to be fun, can’t wait to get started.

Comment

• Waconut , Now why doesn't that surprise me about Callie Graphics? How are going to do your 'polished metals"? Inquisitively, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                              Waconut , Now why doesn't that surprise me about Callie Graphics? How are going to do your 'polished metals"? Inquisitively, LB
                              Looking at old photos the original Skyblazers planes were polished aluminum. I will be using Duplicolor Chrome spray paint. The plan is sand all the imperfections then spray 2 light coats of Polycrylic to seal everything and protect the foam. I will then spray coats of filler primer and sand with 400 grit paper. The chrome will be sprayed 1st followed by the color coats.
                              You will need sunglasses to look at the plane in the sun 😎

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post

Looking at old photos the original Skyblazers planes were polished aluminum. I will be using Duplicolor Chrome spray paint. The plan is sand all the imperfections then spray 2 light coats of Polycrylic to seal everything and protect the foam. I will then spray coats of filler primer and sand with 400 grit paper. The chrome will be sprayed 1st followed by the color coats.
                                You will need sunglasses to look at the plane in the sun 😎
                                WN, Thanks for quick reply, I was hoping you'd say you are going to paint her. I will be watching your build with enthusiasm. Great livery, by the way. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Reading through this thread I see some guys have replaced the wheels on this plane. What brand of wheels are you using and what size?
                                  Thanks!!
                                  Anthony

Comment

• I received the F-86 today, I have all the parts sanded and 2 coats of Polycrylic applied. Tomorrow I will scuff all the parts and start spraying high fill primer. There is a lot of gatoring on this plane. Nothing a couple coats of high fill primer and sanding won’t cure.

Comment

• Waconut The wheel height and thickness are limited by the F-86's wing. You may be able to tweak something a bit taller or thicker than the stock wheels' dimensions, but it's more about reducing wheel hardness than increasing physical dimension. At least, in the context of this F-86. Two things to look out for when shopping for aftermarket wheels to try: 1) Match the axle diameter, 2) If you change the mains' height, you'll need to change the nose's height as well, either via wheel or longer strut, to preserve the original model's ground stance.
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• To avoid corona virus crazyness I ordered my primer, paint and pin striping from Amazon. Well go figure I ordered the wrong primer, I ordered scratch filler Sandable primer instead of the high fill primer.
                                        I have to get out for doctors appointment later this morning so I will stop and pick some up.

Comment

• Was an eventful day, I thought I ruined the F-86.

I had started off spraying rust-oleum filler primer. It sprays on in a thin layer. I am used to using Dupli-color High fill primer on my built up scale models. I picked some up today and sprayed the wing tanks, wing bottoms tail and fuse. I went back to the drop tanks and they had started gatoring in a bad way.

The dupli-color has softened the Polycrylic and caused the foam surface to gator. Luckily the drop tanks were the worst. The surfaces felt soft. After 4 hours the foam has hardened back and most of the gatoring is sanding out. I am going to let it cure out until tomorrow and sand the entire plane then apply a light coat of the Rust-oleum filler primer.

Hopefully all is good to continue.
                                          Later!!
                                          Anthony

Comment

Working...
                                          X