X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys,
    Callie is going to make the red, white and blue stripes for the fuse and drop tanks for me. I have taken measurements for her to use making the stripes. I will post some pics once it is finished.

Comment

• Help! Trying to find carbon tube wing spar, for my Freewing F-86 80mm. I crashed one of my F-86s last summer, and during this Covid19 stay at home time, I've rebuilt her.....everything repaired, like new..putting back together AHHHH!! I forgot the wing spar carbon tube had been broke in the crash.
      I went to MotionRC site and didn''t see the part listed. Googled online, and places that sold 8mm x 5mm x 280mm are all out of stock that i could find without ordering from China. Anyone know of a source so I can get this bird flying again??
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
        Help! Trying to find carbon tube wing spar, for my Freewing F-86 80mm. I crashed one of my F-86s last summer, and during this Covid19 stay at home time, I've rebuilt her.....everything repaired, like new..putting back together AHHHH!! I forgot the wing spar carbon tube had been broke in the crash.
        I went to MotionRC site and didn''t see the part listed. Googled online, and places that sold 8mm x 5mm x 280mm are all out of stock that i could find without ordering from China. Anyone know of a source so I can get this bird flying again??
        Just about any Kite shop has carbon tubes. 8mm is .315".

Here is an example: https://www.kitesandfunthings.com/Pr...ULTTUBE36.aspx

Comment

• The Avanti wing tube is 8X450mm so grab one and take the Dremel cut-off wheel to it.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...rbon-wing-spar

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Just about any Kite shop has carbon tubes. 8mm is .315".

Here is an example: https://www.kitesandfunthings.com/Pr...ULTTUBE36.aspx
            Thank you for the help!!!
            Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post
              The Avanti wing tube is 8X450mm so grab one and take the Dremel cut-off wheel to it.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...rbon-wing-spar
              Thanks!!!!!!
              Lon

Comment

• Just make sure you don't breathe in the dust from cutting anything carbon (carbon fiber).

Also, if you have any small camping tents that are probably never going to be used you can rob one from that.

Comment

• Hi guys,
                  I received the Red, White and Blue stripes from Callie yesterday. They finish off the plane nicely. Now I can clear coat the entire plane and seal all the graphics.
                  Later!!
                  Anthony
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Waconut looks really great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post
                      Hi guys,
                      I received the Red, White and Blue stripes from Callie yesterday. They finish off the plane nicely. Now I can clear coat the entire plane and seal all the graphics.
                      Later!!
                      Anthony
                      Anthony, Simply Outstanding! Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi guys,
                        I just finished up setting up my radio for the F-86. There is no specs in the manual for the flap/elevator mix. Can anyone tell me how much elevator you are mixing in with the flaps ?
                        Thanks!!
                        Anthony

Comment

• If it's anything like the smaller version of the F86 you wont need much elevator mixed in with your flaps at all. I would start with a small amount of up elevetator. Maybe 5% and see what it does and then adjust from there.

Comment

• I dont have any mix set up on the radio, but have a tendency to fly this thing a little nose heavy. I'd just take it up and see how it reacts, i dont think it will balloon on you.

Comment

Hi guys,
                              I just finished up setting up my radio for the F-86. There is no specs in the manual for the flap/elevator mix. Can anyone tell me how much elevator you are mixing in with the flaps ?
                              Thanks!!
                              Anthony
                              Anthony,

Not sure if you've done this mod yet but it you haven't, trust me it's worth doing. This bird has a huge CG window especially for a swept wing fighter. She will fly sweetly with anything from a 4000mah to a 6250mah battery all in the exactly the same location.

Unscrew your ESC and place the wooden brace below it on the side of the intake and screw it from the bottom, take a dremel cutting disc and cut off the excess lengthon the screws. It creates a little recessed shelf for your esc to fit into, the battery holds the ESC in place from the top. Placement puts the ESC in the airflow of the intake for better cooling and allows you to place the batteries dead smack on the CG, back up against the foam bulkhead. You can fly with any 6s 4000mah or larger that will fit under your canopy, (I shaved a heck of alot of foam off the inside of my canopy, personal preference, nobody see's the inside anyway and I like to have battery options), and you will always be on CG.

As for elevator mix with flaps, I land my F-86 with flaps full the majority of the time, max mechanical travel, and have never needed to mix in any elevator.

Let me know if you need pics for the mod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Anthony,

Not sure if you've done this mod yet but it you haven't, trust me it's worth doing. This bird has a huge CG window especially for a swept wing fighter. She will fly sweetly with anything from a 4000mah to a 6250mah battery all in the exactly the same location.

Unscrew your ESC and place the wooden brace below it on the side of the intake and screw it from the bottom, take a dremel cutting disc and cut off the excess lengthon the screws. It creates a little recessed shelf for your esc to fit into, the battery holds the ESC in place from the top. Placement puts the ESC in the airflow of the intake for better cooling and allows you to place the batteries dead smack on the CG, back up against the foam bulkhead. You can fly with any 6s 4000mah or larger that will fit under your canopy, (I shaved a heck of alot of foam off the inside of my canopy, personal preference, nobody see's the inside anyway and I like to have battery options), and you will always be on CG.

As for elevator mix with flaps, I land my F-86 with flaps full the majority of the time, max mechanical travel, and have never needed to mix in any elevator.

Let me know if you need pics for the mod.
                                I did this mod some time ago and I think it was a great thing. It allows the battery to move as far back as possible and drops the ESC down into the airflow as mentioned. With the battery at the back, the tailpipe should drop slowly to the ground. I got that from an old YouTube video by an Aussie who posted as : KJetgirl : FREEWING F86 SABRE 80mm JET HANDLING DEMO NARRATIVE...

Comment

• I may do the mod to get the esc into the airflow, definitely can’t hurt.

As far as CG goes I have the 5000mah battery moved further forward. The plane will rest on its tail and when I lift the tail about 1” it will gently fall forward to the nose gear.
                                  I put several coats of paint and Polycrylic on the plane as well as graphics which probably made it a little tail heavy. See the attached pic to show the battery position to achieve balance.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• That is way forward for an efficient CG.... even with the added weight. The lipo should be an inch aft at a minimum.

just my opinion though...

Comment

I may do the mod to get the esc into the airflow, definitely can’t hurt.

As far as CG goes I have the 5000mah battery moved further forward. The plane will rest on its tail and when I lift the tail about 1” it will gently fall forward to the nose gear.
                                      I put several coats of paint and Polycrylic on the plane as well as graphics which probably made it a little tail heavy. See the attached pic to show the battery position to achieve balance.
                                      Wow, I've never seen a FW Sabre that would balance with a 5000 battery that far forward. Does your's have the new motor? Can't imagine it being that much heavier. I have my battery jammed all the way back almost against the fan intake shroud.

Comment

• I purchased the high performance version. Like I said it has several coats of paint plus 5-6 coats of Polycrylic. I am confident it is balanced correctly. If I moved the battery all the way back it will barely stay level on the nose gear. If you raise the nose a little it will fall on its tail.
                                        I sprayed 2-3 coats of Polycrylic to protect the chrome paint on the whole plane before applying the graphics and I sprayed 3 good coats after the graphics were applied. The surface of the plane is now smooth as glass.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• From what you say the balance sounds right...

Comment

Working...
                                          X