Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you personally balance it? Mine didn’t even function when I got it which is lame. Also, not that it helps now, but I would have sold you the Freewing 100a ESC (drop in for the F-86) for $40 bucks. It was never abused

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
      Did you personally balance it? Mine didn’t even function when I got it which is lame. Also, not that it helps now, but I would have sold you the Freewing 100a ESC (drop in for the F-86) for $40 bucks. It was never abused
      No worries, live and learn it's a good upgrade overall. It's an improvement so a positive, just not happy with the bang for the buck.

Comment

• No I didn't balance it, it sounds smooth.

Comment

• Hi ,just brought the Freewing F 86 but see does not want to get airborne off our grass runway ( it is cut very short ) Seems to me to be underpowered . Is there an upgrade motor that will increase my take offs that is worth doing ?

Comment

• Why yes there is...just scroll up

Comment

• Doh !!!! Did not notice that Thanks

Comment

• best one is this one and the price is lower then fms site just need a 100a esc sold over on motion f86 spare parts

The 80mm EDF Ducted Fan System by FMS is a quality built remote controlled airplane accessory. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

Comment

• I’m sending my FMS 2100 back to China at RC Castle. I figured out what was causing it to be out of balance after every flight. The inner rotor was not balanced enough to be usable. I removed the motor from the fan to figure out the issue, and when running the motor at idle you could hear that it wasn’t the bearings, it was from the center of the motor. I held it at WOT for about 20 to 30 seconds and it was extremely hot from the friction. I’m surprised it didn’t burn out on the first 2 flights. I will let you know how the attempted return goes... as I like knowing how companies are regarding customer service issues.

I did however get one off Horizon for $20 less and a week less waiting on shipping (thanks Ron!)

Comment

• Found out why my F86 would not get of the ground .Could not believe this would cause the model to lose so much power .I had all the aileron, flaps retracts rudder and elevator cables just in front of the EDF evidently blocking the air flow to the EDF .Tuck all the cables out of the way and it improved it no end. Takes of fine now .Does not take much to affect the EDF !!!!

Comment

• capt. to solve the grass take off problem I went to the fms 2100kv fan and it was well worth the 76 bucks from hh prenty of power now

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                        capt. to solve the grass take off problem I went to the fms 2100kv fan and it was well worth the 76 bucks from hh prenty of power now
                        Horizon is out of stock, but Tower Hobbies (now owned by horizon) has them for the same price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                          best one is this one and the price is lower then fms site just need a 100a esc sold over on motion f86 spare parts

https://www.horizonhobby.com/airplan...ystem-fmmpw117
                          disreguard this thread as the motor hh has substuted in this fan is the 1930 not the 2100..

Comment

• No problems getting of grass with my stock set up. And it not the nicest grass.

Comment

• forgot all about looking at tower lol I ordered direct from fms and now am in the wait and see mode for it takes forever to get anything from them...of course I found them on rc castle also after I ordered....

Comment

• Been on the fence about the F86 since it first came out. Meanwhile, have bought and flown many of the others. Still want one and was considering used but they are a rare find. I guess this is a testament to a good plane. Nobody wants to part with it.
                                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• True statement. They are great planes. I replaced my fuselage and wings after the aileron control horn separated from the foam and will keep it as long as It’s stocked. I just finished upgrading the power system and electronics with parts 3 times the cost of the plane. Hopefully I’ll get to fly in a bit. Last night and the night before were spent trying to get my TX to function properly....
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Doh ! Did not want to do that.Wrong thread

Comment

• Was looking for another 80mm and I too was on the fence. After watching several fly at the Jet Jam, including the group of five in formation I say let’s make it a group of 6 next year. I plan on adding gear doors to mine Click image for larger version

Name:	8B6DD419-4A02-47CF-BD23-7191026EAAE1.png
Views:	812
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	208648

Comment

• hey C17 did you ever get the ix12 working correctly? everyone I know that has had that radio sold it for the dx9...

Comment

• Yeah I have it going. It’s been a pain to deal with a few times in the past year. Other than that it’s been great. It always seems to be an issue after a firmware update. At least I didn’t drive an hour and load up a bunch of planes.

...and to think I sold a DX-18 to get it

Comment

Working...
                                          X