X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Mine is set up the same way except I don’t have a piece of wood between the battery and ESC. It’s is directly in the intake airflow on one side and flat with the battery tray. I’ve flown this plane more than any other EDF.

Comment

• Comment

• Flew the f86 today off a great tar surface. It was first few flights sense i installed the fms 2000 kv in runner wow this plane with the upgrade motor is a beast. Fast. Sounds great. Powerfull vertical etc. hoghly recomend this new fms fan.

Comment

• Does the FW F-86 need any elevator mix with flaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcjunkey View Post
              Does the FW F-86 need any elevator mix with flaps?
              No, I have none set. My landing flaps are set up for maximum deflection too. They’re almost 90 degrees down

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

No, I have none set. My landing flaps are set up for maximum deflection too. They’re almost 90 degrees down
                Good to know thank you for the quick response.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcjunkey View Post

Good to know thank you for the quick response.
                  No problem. The low wings are easy to set up flaps and elevator mix. High wings like the F-14 require a ton of up elevator. I actually destroyed my F-14 on my second flight by testing full flaps while flying too fast and too low. I added a 3 second delay to make them more scale and in doing so made them too slow to retract before it exploded into the ground like you wouldn’t believe

Comment

No problem. The low wings are easy to set up flaps and elevator mix. High wings like the F-14 require a ton of up elevator. I actually destroyed my F-14 on my second flight by testing full flaps while flying too fast and too low. I added a 3 second delay to make them more scale and in doing so made them too slow to retract before it exploded into the ground like you wouldn’t believe
                    :Scared: Wow, I bet that was a mess of foam..........:Crying:

Comment

• Yes it was...

Comment

• Ouch!:(:Crying:

Comment

• Its not a high wing vs low wing issue.

Its the wing geometry vs the flap geometry in relation to CG. (among other factors)

At speed, the F-14 acts somewhat like a flying wing and the flaps act like elevons. (yes, I have one)

I've seen this with a few swept wing models.

I had a Nitroplanes Falcon 120 that I stuck a 5 inch EDF on. Programming the ailerons for elevon the ailerons had more pitch authority than the elevator. Because of the huge EDF nacelle blocking airflow over the horizontal tailplane, I could completely lose pitch control with the elevator when chopping throttle, but could loop on the ailerons in elevon mode.
                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                            Its not a high wing vs low wing issue.

Its the wing geometry vs the flap geometry in relation to CG. (among other factors)

At speed, the F-14 acts somewhat like a flying wing and the flaps act like elevons. (yes, I have one)

I've seen this with a few swept wing models.

I had a Nitroplanes Falcon 120 that I stuck a 5 inch EDF on. Programming the ailerons for elevon the ailerons had more pitch authority than the elevator. Because of the huge EDF nacelle blocking airflow over the horizontal tailplane, I could completely lose pitch control with the elevator when chopping throttle, but could loop on the ailerons in elevon mode.
                            with the wings extended or retracted? I understand the rest of what you are saying

Comment

• where did the edit button go?

Comment

with the wings extended or retracted? I understand the rest of what you are saying
                                I don't recommend trying to put the flaps down with wings folded back... You'll strip the servos.

There's enough sweep with the wings extended for the flaps to act like elevons. Amplified if you linked ailerons to flaps for scale flap system.
                                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• We are expecting several days of rain starting tonight or in the morning, remnants of Hurricane Florence, so I figured I'd get in a couple of flights today. I forgot the drop tanks at home, so it may look a little nekkid.

I am starting to like this plane.

Comment

• Here’s a clip of a nice sunset flight. The F-86 is so fun and stress free.

Sorry about the dog barking. I have my wife video. I refuse to wear a camera on my head

Comment

• C17LM, Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Nice flights, guys! Wvrailfan, stay safe in Florence. I'm sitting through this Super Typhoon making its way near Hong Kong right now. Only indoor flying today!
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• You stay safe too... The remnants of Florence will be passing right over us tomorrow. Expected to be a little wet and windy but nothing like the coast saw.

Comment

Working...
                                          X