Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for all the questions but I got a pack of 4 small screws, 20mm, and 4 long screws. The manual is calling for the small screws in the tail/elevator section. They won’t reach the plywood. Am I reading this wrong?

Comment

• Build Done. Surprised how small some of the screws were for the surfaces. Just gotta program the radio and get her set up for the maiden.

Comment

• Hi guys. Is there anyway to adjust the steering on the F86? It doesn’t have as much turning radius to the left as it does to the right. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Kokopellimusic View Post
          Hi guys. Is there anyway to adjust the steering on the F86? It doesn’t have as much turning radius to the left as it does to the right. It also pulls to the right when taxing. Thanks
          I was just thinking about that... replacing the servo horn to a longer one would do the trick. I’m actually about to install mine on the replacement fuselage I had to buy after my aileron ripped off the servo.

Comment

• Ouch. Sorry. My old FMS T28’s rudder servo burnt out in mid flight causing the rudder to lock in hard left. Burnt a hole in the servo.

Comment

• Regarding better turn radius... you can see how I hooked the linkage up. I swapped the servo arm out with a standard long one. I just flew it’s re-maiden 5 minuets ago and it work great. It turns on a dime now

Comment

• Thanks. I’ll try that

Comment

• I threw this together really fast. I’ll look if I can find a better way to connect the linkage the the nose wheel steering arm. It currently works fine though. I had to hook it up backwards because it would bind up when the gear is retracted

Comment

• Also, I’m kinda disappointed that the decals aren’t better. My original plane was fine but on this one you can see the “clear” part of all the decals. A good example is the USAF insignia on the wing. The only way to fix it is to paint it. The fit between the front of the vertical stabilizer and the fuselage has about a 10mm gap.

Comment

• Mine is like that also. This is my first one. I’ve got some that are crooked but I’m ok with it. I’m excited to fly it. My receiver arrived and she’s all plugged up. Everything looks good. I will have a friend, that has flown EDF’s, that will double check it before I go. Looking forward to flying her.

Comment

• Hey guys, have any of you upgraded your tires to low bounce Dubro's? What are the sizes if so? Not a big fan of these sponge type tires that come on the jet.

Comment

• Hey guys, thanks for all the advice. Successful Maiden today! AWESOME flying jet. She just glides on in for the landings too. Just had to adjust the CG a small amount for the second flight. Video coming.

Comment

• Maiden flight. Sorry for the far off shots. My friend wasn't familiar with my phone.

Comment

• Hey guys, do any of you use a type of "glue" on those tiny C rings that are on the retracts? Man, if I ever loose those i'd never find them. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Kokopellimusic View Post
                                Hey guys, do any of you use a type of "glue" on those tiny C rings that are on the retracts? Man, if I ever loose those i'd never find them. Thanks
                                Yes, I always put a dab of Foam-Tac on them.
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• George u must buy foam tac by the case lol

Comment

• When it's the best, forget the rest. Love the stuff Toooo
                                    AMA 424553

Comment

• New to this forum but long-time RCGroups user (RGS2010)...here is my last F-86 video...just isn't a smoother, great-sounding 80mm edf out there! Love it, love it, love it … recently upgraded motor/fan to FMS 80mm 12-blade version and now uses same amount of gas out of the tank but about 15-20% more power...Enjoy!

Comment

• Looks good! I love mine. Was the upgrade an easy motor swap? I’ve read several folks upgrading theirs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                                          New to this forum but long-time RCGroups user (RGS2010)...here is my last F-86 video...just isn't a smoother, great-sounding 80mm edf out there! Love it, love it, love it … recently upgraded motor/fan to FMS 80mm 12-blade version and now uses same amount of gas out of the tank but about 15-20% more power...Enjoy!
                                          Gotta love the FMS fans! They did a great job with their design and I have upgraded a couple of the Freewing birds with this lighter more powerful fans! It is my go to fan and I use them in almost everything now.

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                                          X