X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
    I decided to use Callie’s Hartmann decals. This is by far my easiest EDF to fly
    Awesome job! I just watched an interview with herr Hartmann. I wasn't aware Callie had done those. I might have to look into an F-86 now.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I finally got mine together. It is wrapped with Oracal 751 vinyl film and lettered with decals from Callie. With a little luck I'll maiden this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
        I finally got mine together. It is wrapped with Oracal 751 vinyl film and lettered with decals from Callie. With a little luck I'll maiden this weekend.
        It looks incredible! I gave my F-86 to Chloe Prince and now I want another one!

Comment

• First attempt at a maiden was less than successful. It looks like the Mustang will remain the primary WANG fighter aircraft for at least another day.

On first take off attempt with the new Sabre the left main popped out of the wing. The stress caused by the right main now being dragged in a hard left turn caused the right gear to collapse. The left gear is an easy fix, I just need to put it in and actually use an appropriate amount of glue. There was next to no glue holding it in. The right gear seems to be jammed halfway up so I'll have to take a closer look at it.

Other than the gear, there is no damage to the plane, so we'll try another day.

Comment

• try some clear gorilla glue it wont come out again

Comment

• Yes! That stuff is very good for gear repair

Comment

• I finally got to maiden today. The plane flies nice and lands smooth and easy. I found it very easy to hold it just above the ground until it gently set down. Second flight the same, smooth take off and flight and the landing makes it look like I know what I'm doing.

Third flight...didn't happen. Rolling down the runway for take off the right main collapsed causing the plane to swerve off of the runway into taller grass which collapsed the nose gear. Nothing pulled out of the wing this time, the gear just mechanically collapsed.

Granted I am flying off of grass, but our runway is pretty good for grass. We actually get assistance from a local golf course grounds keeper. I have three other Freewing jets that have no issue with our runway.

I ordered a complete new LG set. I'll change them out and try again next weekend. hopefully I just got a LG set made on a Monday morning and a new set will take care of the problem.

The up side, I know the jet flies good and sounds great in the air.

Comment

• I fly almost exclusively on a grass field. I’ve never had the gear collapse. For that to happen, it has to receive a spurious command, or the gear motor or worm gear has to be bad. I’d suggest pulling that retract, testing it on the bench, then probably replacing the trunion/motor assembly. If the internal gears are slipping, open up the retract housing, to see if you can figure out the gearing problem. Without knowing anything more, I’d put my money on your retract trunion/motor assembly being bad.
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

I finally got to maiden today. The plane flies nice and lands smooth and easy. I found it very easy to hold it just above the ground until it gently set down. Second flight the same, smooth take off and flight and the landing makes it look like I know what I'm doing.

Third flight...didn't happen. Rolling down the runway for take off the right main collapsed causing the plane to swerve off of the runway into taller grass which collapsed the nose gear. Nothing pulled out of the wing this time, the gear just mechanically collapsed.

Granted I am flying off of grass, but our runway is pretty good for grass. We actually get assistance from a local golf course grounds keeper. I have three other Freewing jets that have no issue with our runway.

I ordered a complete new LG set. I'll change them out and try again next weekend. hopefully I just got a LG set made on a Monday morning and a new set will take care of the problem.

The up side, I know the jet flies good and sounds great in the air.
                    The retracts ripped out on mine as well as the majority of other people. It’s a great all around plane with one weak spot, the factory glue on the mains. When mine ripped out the sharp edges of the gear door punched a few gouges in the foam. I filled the mounting holes in the wing with good CA and they have never been an issue since. After you secure the new set, you should be ok.

Comment

• I just looked at the forum and realized that this was literally went over in detail... haha my bad

Comment

• not a problem there c17 I told one of mrc phone guys there was a problem and he said they have never had a problem that he knew of..lol I had a main pop out last week and it hit the flap and stripped the flap servo(mine has nylon servo gears) replaced it with a metal gear servo I had from another plane and it actually had the same travel as the other side...its a great thing when a plan comes together lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                          not a problem there c17 I told one of mrc phone guys there was a problem and he said they have never had a problem that he knew of..lol I had a main pop out last week and it hit the flap and stripped the flap servo(mine has nylon servo gears) replaced it with a metal gear servo I had from another plane and it actually had the same travel as the other side...its a great thing when a plan comes together lol
                          I had to replace both of my flap servos to metal as well haha. That guy at MotionRC that you spoke to is either new or has no idea what he’s talking about haha. Usually the guys there will concur when you find a weakness and tell you they’re working with FW.

Comment

• I now have the gremlins worked out of the landing gear and got three good flights today. I posted a video over on the "What Did You Fly Today?" thread.

Overall I am pleased with the plane and the way it performs. As others have said, it is not a speed demon, and I actually like that. It looks very scale in the air.

I have been using Admiral 4500 batteries with my timer set for 3:30. I am coming down with the battery just warm, with about 30% left and 3.8v per cell.

Is anyone here using a 5000ma battery? If so, any issues with the bigger battery?

Comment

I now have the gremlins worked out of the landing gear and got three good flights today. I posted a video over on the "What Did You Fly Today?" thread.

Overall I am pleased with the plane and the way it performs. As others have said, it is not a speed demon, and I actually like that. It looks very scale in the air.

I have been using Admiral 4500 batteries with my timer set for 3:30. I am coming down with the battery just warm, with about 30% left and 3.8v per cell.

Is anyone here using a 5000ma battery? If so, any issues with the bigger battery?
                              No issues on mine, I use Gensace 5000 60c in mine all the time and no issues, also used Pulse 5000 45c which are even bigger with no problems, you do have to shave the foam down some on the bottom of the canopy to let everything fit well.

Comment

• Don't you just love it when you finally get a new plane flying the way you want it to? Flights 4-6 today and the Sabre was flawless. Thanks Motion.

Comment

• Yes! Its the best feeling ever!

Comment

I now have the gremlins worked out of the landing gear and got three good flights today. I posted a video over on the "What Did You Fly Today?" thread.

I fly the 4000 and 5000 Admiral...no issues, but i can feel the difference in weight when flying for sure...prefer the 4000.
                                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• went with the fms 2000kv inrunner but to make it tail sit had to move battery back to sit on the 100a esc anyone else do this? is there a problem cooling etc? haven't flown it yet with this set up

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                        went with the fms 2000kv inrunner but to make it tail sit had to move battery back to sit on the 100a esc anyone else do this? is there a problem cooling etc? haven't flown it yet with this set up
                                        I do the same thing and it does get warm but I’ve had no issues. I have a 100a ESC and FW Inrunner in mine

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

I do the same thing and it does get warm but I’ve had no issues. I have a 100a ESC and FW Inrunner in mine
                                          I moved the ESC under the wooden tray, it keeps from having the batt. Sit on it and puts the ESC in the he air flow for better cooling.

Comment

Working...
                                          X