Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was told Thursday by motion that's its a very rear occurance...I told him he was wrong and that it happens all the time

Comment

• anyone got pics of where they put there 100a esc for the upgrade motor? thanks

Comment

• I will get you a pic of mine soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
          anyone got pics of where they put there 100a esc for the upgrade motor? thanks
          On both my F-86s, I was able to locate my upgrade ESC as in the picture. I've had no issues with the ESC temp in this location with my battery over the top of it for CG. I did a little carving of foam for the receiver in it's location...maybe just a little for the ESC.
          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• thanks lon I see I can make it fit

ok its a very easy upgrade if all the parts are available...but sense the 100a esc for the upgrade isn't in stock I ordered the a4/mig21 100a esc with very long battery and throttle wires and very short motor wires on other end...still no real big deal...bought 3 pecies of 8in 12 gage wire installed the 4mm connectors installed new fan and its done..cut the battery wires to about 6 inches and resoldered the ec5 connector,.I didn't cut the throttle wire that is probably a foot long just wire tied it to about 4 inches and plugged it in...easy fix even for a old fart like me....

Comment

• Anyone know if this bird will be okay on a softball field?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                Anyone know if this bird will be okay on a softball field?
                Would be pretty tight even if you've flown it before and comfortable with it's performance. Without knowing how wide open the area is or how much "runway" it has it's kind of hard to say for sure.

Comment

• I loved this edf but it need a lot of runway off grass with wind. I even upgraded from stock to a 1850kv motor and fan and went with larger wheels.
                  Today she flew her last flight. Dead calm full flaps and it took forever to roll out. Anyways she took flight and then my depth perception went bonkers... dead into the trees! Oops!!
                  She is an awesome flyer once airborne!

I think I’ll hold off on buy another until the make a larger one with more power.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	131F66FC-9FB5-4DC0-ABC7-1D501D2E3EA3.jpeg
Views:	1174
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	142335

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                    I loved this edf but it need a lot of runway off grass with wind. I even upgraded from stock to a 1850kv motor and fan and went with larger wheels.
                    Today she flew her last flight. Dead calm full flaps and it took forever to roll out. Anyways she took flight and then my depth perception went bonkers... dead into the trees! Oops!!

I think I’ll hold off on buy another until the make a larger one with more power.

Ohh no....sorry man.

Comment

• bummer...sell the parts and make some money back

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Would be pretty tight even if you've flown it before and comfortable with it's performance. Without knowing how wide open the area is or how much "runway" it has it's kind of hard to say for sure.
                        Its around a hundred feet with hard packed dirt/gravel.

Comment

Its around a hundred feet with hard packed dirt/gravel.
                          if you set your CG back around 200 with the “Tail Sit test” you might be able to horse it off on takeoff in 100ft but you’ll need more than that for landing to get it stopped unless you land short in the grass or don’t mind over running into the grass. I’m guessing there are no fences, bleachers or back stops to worry about?
                          Most folks don’t set their CG far enough aft on this model. It takes off and lands much better if you cramm everything (battery, ESC, etc.) as far aft as you possibly can even if you have to do a little carving.

if you’re not familiar with the “Hondajets” “Tail Sit Test” go here and do a search for tail sit test..

Comment

• So when I bought this 80mm Freewing F-86 I read through the forums about the "tail sit" and set my Admiral Pro 4000 in and hit the grass field. I set the flaps at about a third and off I went with a longer than expected roll out into a 8mph wind. She flew like a champ! So after about three more flights even one without flaps on take to notice any difference. Well, I decide to upgrade main wheels to 2.25 dave brown lite treads and a 1850kv motor and fan housing being had a CC 100 esc just laying around. After all the mods I didn't notice any difference beside the stock swoosh sound not there. So after walking about 80-90 yards to get the plane from not taking off several times I swapped out the 1750kv can/shaft and put stock fan with the 1850kv guts, swoosh is back!

Crash day I took off from the opposite side of the field because of the setting sun with full flaps and in a dead calm air the sabre took off after about 70 yards lol. made a pass around our pit area where only two trees within our flying and wham! Shred city! She hit so hard that the rx was sitting in the grass with nothing connected.

After all that I started thinking about the battery placement... if I went back a little farther, inch or so from the tail sit maybe she would have taken off a little sooner? Maybe go from a 4000 to a 5000 all the way aft?
                            Great little jet IMO still debating on buying another but as soon as I do there will be a V2 or a 90mm lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                              I loved this edf but it need a lot of runway off grass with wind. I even upgraded from stock to a 1850kv motor and fan and went with larger wheels.

Sorry about your loss. I also recently crashed my T-28. But after a closer look I realized the wings were salvageable using some good old Foam-Tac glue. Then I just bought a new fuselage.
                              In your case you could just rebuild it by just getting a new fuselage if you can't salvage the right wing. But a new fuselage and wings will only cost you $118. I would say its worth rebuilding it.

Comment

• I bet that can be fixed. Near boiling water and joint compound where needed. Sand n paint.

Comment

• How much space do I need to get this bird off the ground? And to come to stop.

Comment

How much space do I need to get this bird off the ground? And to come to stop.
                                    Here's some good video of how much space you will need. Don't fly with the wing tanks and it's a little shorter.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• I just got the power set up for new tiger meet jet going too try it in my old f86 the flying wt. is with in 3 oz will this give me a speed and power increase over stock??? I hope so

Comment

• I sold my F-86 because it was just too slow. How about a V2 with the new Mirage power system? That'd be cool.

Comment

• It will be hear Wednesday I will let you know 9 blade eff and a 100amp esc from new mirage

Comment

Working...
                                          X