X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

No noticeable compression under static load and I am looking at an AUW of 15.5 lbs. with two Roaring Top 5800 mAh 35C packs, the sound system, powder canon and full load out. It's a big bird.
    That AUW doesn't yet include a working canopy or leading edge slats mod, correct?

Very cool mods by the way, and looks amazing so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

That AUW doesn't yet include a working canopy or leading edge slats mod, correct?

Very cool mods by the way, and looks amazing so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. :Cool::Cool::Cool:
      It does include them. The leading edge slats are non-functional.

Comment

It does include them. The leading edge slats are non-functional.
        Excellent! Thanks!

Comment

I hate to bother you with this, but if you have time, can you measure the horizontal stabilizer (not including the vertical stabilizers)? I'm hanging up mounts and looking to see if the distance is the studs in the wall (16 inches apart) is perfect, or if I need to go much more narrow and go through the drywall on one of the hangars. Thanks!

Comment

I hate to bother you with this, but if you have time, can you measure the horizontal stabilizer (not including the vertical stabilizers)? I'm hanging up mounts and looking to see if the distance is the studs in the wall (16 inches apart) is perfect, or if I need to go much more narrow and go through the drywall on one of the hangars. Thanks!
            No bother at all T-CAT. Looks like it's 21" between the vertical stabilizers. Is that what you needed to know?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170516_010431.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	75849

Comment

Here is a quick video of the sound system, taxiing through my basement and the canopy opening.

Comment

No bother at all T-CAT. Looks like it's 21" between the vertical stabilizers. Is that what you needed to know?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170516_010431.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	75849
                Thanks a ton RCjetdude. That's exactly what I wanted/needed to know. That helps me tons. Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks Mike, I am looking into my options concerning it. Never hurts to ask. I need to make darn sure it is effective and reliable before moving that direction as I do not want it to be problematic for people.
                  Totally understood and thanks for the reply!

Comment

Was thinking of doing the same thing. Now I'm thinking of hanging with the wing tube to lessen the chance of denting the horiz stab.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Was thinking of doing the same thing. Now I'm thinking of hanging with the wing tube to lessen the chance of denting the horiz stab.
                      The wing tube is a great idea as well. :Cool:

Comment

No noticeable compression under static load and I am looking at an AUW of 15.5 lbs. with two Roaring Top 5800 mAh 35C packs, the sound system, powder canon and full load out. It's a big bird.
                        Thanks for the info man! Will be putting in my order for some 115mm oleos pretty soon. This thing is going to be quite the beast!

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks for the info man! Will be putting in my order for some 115mm oleos pretty soon. This thing is going to be quite the beast!
                          Let some of us know on which struts you bought and how they work out for you, that is one thing I did not like about it, I fly off asphault so struts would look better and work just fine for me. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

If you distribute the load on the leading edge of the horizontal stab it would probably be fine. This thing feels amazingly solid and just not much flex in anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Let some of us know on which struts you bought and how they work out for you, that is one thing I did not like about it, I fly off asphault so struts would look better and work just fine for me. Thanks
                              Will do! These are the struts that I am looking at using: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/alloy-ol...class-1pc.html

Comment

I would be curious too as I may be transitioning to flying more off asphalt than Geotex or grass. We may be soon losing our field to a solar farm. Those with runways at old landfills beware but a club just North of me is getting a new paved runway. It is a little further drive but hey, I think I can live with that considering.

Comment

Will do! These are the struts that I am looking at using: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/alloy-ol...class-1pc.html
                                  Are you going to drill out the axle holes for 5mm or bush down the wheels?

Comment

Are you going to drill out the axle holes for 5mm or bush down the wheels?
                                    Not sure yet. I'll have to see if there's enough meat on the end of the strut to drill to 5mm. If not, I'll do a 4mm shaft and see if I can slip a brass tube over the shaft to bump it up to 5mm.

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just find exactly what we need?

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just find exactly what we need?
                                        Yeah, but somehow modding never works that way..

Comment

Yeah, but somehow modding never works that way..
                                          AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH LOL
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X