Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I'm famous!

Steve, I have a Freewing door sequencer for a P-51 if you want to try making it work.
    Will the gear door stay open or re-close after the gear are down? I am kinda' wanting the option of both scenarios and the GT Power sequencer provides that. I entered a ticket with Motion.

Comment

• The inner main doors close after the retract is down but the tail doors stay open...I also have the LED controller that works the landing and NAV lights.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
        I also had bought the FW door sequencer a while back for another project. My understanding is that i believe its built into the plug board and not adjustable. I was going to bypass the door servo totally from that board and use the door sequencer straight into the receiver with a gear chl/aux mix.
        Yes, the connector board has a retract delay and door sequencer functionality built into it which is not user adjustable. I removed the main retract plugs from the back of the wing connectors and bypassed the connector board to connect them and the nose gear to the sequencing module. The retracts work fine it just the door does not stay open like it is supposed to when the jumper is set for type 1. If you keep the mains going through the connector board there is an additional delay on them vs. the nose gear. I am going to wire everything back through the connector board but leave servo extension connectors under the battery tray so I can easily bypass the main connector board when I get a new module for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
          The inner main doors close after the retract is down but the tail doors stay open...I also have the LED controller that works the landing and NAV lights.
          So depending on where you plug the lone gear door servo into you could get either functionality? That would work.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

So depending on where you plug the lone gear door servo into you could get either functionality? That would work.
            Yes, I think so...we can test it Monday.
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• RCJD........Steve, now that it's known that TI is a flying bud of yours, how about using some friendly coercion with George into coming to NEFI with ya. :Cool:
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                RCJD........Steve, now that it's known that TI is a flying bud of yours, how about using some friendly coercion with George into coming to NEFI with ya. :Cool:
                Believe me, I am trying. ;) Just being around him makes me feel famous. LOL You should see how good he makes a Motion RC hat look. :Cool:

Comment

• Any plans on painting the gear white?
                  and
                  What about fitting the right fuselage sensor with a plastic dome in the front?

Comment

• Yes but I can't decide on white or gray.

Comment

• Can you measure the dimensions of the outer wing panels and post. What's the widest cord dimension at the gear housing position? Trying to see if the Hobby King wing bags would fit. They are tapered.

Thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Highlander View Post
                        Can you measure the dimensions of the outer wing panels and post. What's the widest cord dimension at the gear housing position? Trying to see if the Hobby King wing bags would fit. They are tapered.

Thanks!!
                        Here you go.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170525_181726.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	77622

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170525_181744.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	77623

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170525_181756.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	77624

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170525_181821.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	77865

Comment

• The stowable ladder.

Name:	20170527_184513.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	77867

The radio/electronics installation is done. With the mods I was coming up pretty nose heavy so it built a tray to stack the batteries thus allowing the forward battery to be moved back about 7+ inches. The CG is now spot on and I did not have to add any tail weight.

Name:	20170527_101033.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	77868

Yes, the sound card and my powder canon are in there along with two Roaring Top 5800 batteries, a gyro and a Scorpion and the whole nose is open. Like I said, the battery bay is volumous.

Name:	20170527_104516.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	77869

I have to re-do some of my decals because they just did not stick well enough and I want to re-paint some of the ordnance but it is more or less done. At some point I will apply some rivet detail and weathering.

Comment

• That looks amazing, awesome work man!

Comment

• Wow! That's all I can say.
                              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Thanks guys. It has had me up until the wee hours of the morning working on it for quite awhile now and installing the electronics has been a challenge to sort out but it is almost done.

Comment

• Simply a fantastic job my friend. Wow!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Very nice! you've set the bar high. :Cool:

Comment

• Absolutely beautiful, well thought out, work!

Sean

Comment

• Absolutely awesome! Great job man.

Comment

• Wish we could see this piece of art fly at the Jet Jam but will settle for video............fairly soon i hope! Great job all around.

Comment

Working...
                                          X