Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freewing 80mm A-10 Modifications

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ruffneckx1 View Post
    Rcjetdude.......outstanding work on your cockpit.

Can't wait to see it done.

Just went over the entire thread and saw the finished product. TOO KEWL !!!!!
    Love the sound system.

Woody
    Thanks Woody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
      Who are you ordering this tubing from?
      I ordered the tubing from Advantage Hobbies:

Mark

Comment

• This was shot by TIGRB at his Memorial Day fly-in. It was already posted on the main thread but wanted to go ahead and add it here as well. Thanks, George!

Comment

• Can you tell me where you got the plastic vent cover or did you make them yourself. My sons A10 comes in today and I'll start working on it tomorrow after we inbox it together. RCjetdude yours looks awesome. I don't think I can get that close but I'm going to try some of your mods.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
            Hey Guys...I'm researching the wings trying to get the detail on rivots. It appears from the pics I have seen that they are almost invisible on the wings. Does anybody have any good pics or thoughts? Rob
            I didn't get great wing pictures at my walkaround take a look, The fasteners on the front of the fuse are flat head screws and round head behind the wing.

Comment

• Thanks Pete...I noticed the different types of fasteners and wondered how to imitate the round head ones? Did you observe that the wing surface had flat head rivots in the same frequency as the fuse? Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                Thanks for keeping this bird under wraps, RCjetdude, I know it wasn't easy. And thanks for all your skillful work, too! You're right, this aircraft is really a "Detailer's Delight". Customizers like you and Brandon Moon and TiredIronGRB and others will have fun with the possibilities this bird's large palette provides. Might I recommend after your current slew of customizations, to also consider fabricating the adapter rail for the AGM-65s. Were you going to do TERs as well?

And in case anyone was wondering, RCjetdude was one of the first pilots to pre-order and he paid in full, so his A-10 discussed here is not a sponsored build --it's entirely his aircraft, his thoughts, his feedback as a paying customer. We've asked him as we've asked all our customer review partners to be thorough and objective. I for one know I'm very excited to try some of these mods when my production A-10 arrives (which is long after all of you receive yours!).

Now, finish up that cannon! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
                OK Alpha. Here are the adapter rails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170602_225427.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	79009

Click image for larger version

Name:	14964593749851692933147.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	79010

Comment

• Jut curious was Callie's A-10 sets to large or to small? Thought I saw this mentioned here somewhere and be darned if I can find it.

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I felt the Tiger Shark nose art was a little large but communicated that to her. Without an actual plane to check them on she relies on feedback. Not sure about the others.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply. Yours looks awesome. Mine will be here tomorrow thinking about a paint job.
                      Mike
                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I did the Red Devils. The pitchfork was a little sketchy. The font on the "no step" labels was bigger but I used them. There was not any of the mechanical labels. The ejection seat warning label was actually smaller.

I used a combo of both sets. Naval aircraft are much more colorful. Just saying.
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                          I did the Red Devils. The pitchfork was a little sketchy. The font on the "no step" labels was bigger but I used them. There was not any of the mechanical labels. The ejection seat warning label was actually smaller.

I used a combo of both sets. Naval aircraft are much more colorful. Just saying.
                          I let her know that the NO STEP's could be smaller as well but I also still used them.

Comment

• Just finished the basic assembly of my Hog last night. Planning on flying the maiden stock with no decals, then weathering and modding. Also just put in my order for some oleos from HK to scale-ify the main gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                              Just finished the basic assembly of my Hog last night. Planning on flying the maiden stock with no decals, then weathering and modding. Also just put in my order for some oleos from HK to scale-ify the main gear.
                              Sounds good. I am curious to see how the Oleos look on it. Will you be also trying to add some main gear doors then as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Sounds good. I am curious to see how the Oleos look on it. Will you be also trying to add some main gear doors then as well?
                                Yep, that's the plan. Not sure whether I'll try a 3-piece door like the full scale, or go for a slightly more simple 2 piece solution like the FMS.

Comment

• I'd be interested in the part numbers for the oleos if they work out well. Also, whatever your solution on the gear doors is would be great to see when complete. I too will be starting bare bones 'til maiden and comfort zone are achieved. Brad

Comment

• Starting to look Lizard-like!

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                                      Starting to look Lizard-like!
                                      Looking good. Did you mask between the colors?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Looking good. Did you mask between the colors?
                                        Thanks. I used clear plastic sheets as patterns, raised off the surface with rolled up pieces of Blu-tac. I hand painted the light green then airbrushed the other two colors on.

Comment

• Hey Steve, when is the next installment on the canopy raising system? Looking forward to your next piece of wizardry as well as input from my previous questions on the same. Mine is supposed to arrive today, very exciting! I also ordered an extra canopy and canopy hatch so I could play with that while still flying the stock bird. Brad

Comment

Working...
                                          X