X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
    I could use the the large 300 decal from the Navy livery.
    Dave, has Pheonix got you set up on the 300NF for the wing? I have another if needed as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
      I am going to do Marine so I have the Navy decals. You may have them if you wish.
      Thanks Pheonix, RCJetdude already hooked me up. It looks like dahawk is in need of the same decals as me. Again if any one needs the Marine set of water slides just let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Dave, has Pheonix got you set up on the 300NF for the wing? I have another if needed as well.
        I used Callie. The 300 on the side of the front fuse. It’s slightly bigger than the stock graphics. No problem. Gives it a battle experience look. lol

Dave
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Does any one still need the Navy livery? If so, just tell me where to send it. I will send at no cost at all. I will put in a small shipping bag to protect. Just need to know where to send. Okay.

Comment

• This jet already has good low speed characteristics but can it be improved with plastic vortex generators? It would also add to the scale appeal.

Comment

• That's a pretty cool little mod. I just loaded a 80mm 12b FMS inrunner to see if there's much of difference in top end speed from the stock FW setup. Originally bought it for the F5 but I'm flying the A4 much more now so what the heck, why not?
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Well after several flights now, I can say I finally got my Scooter flying just like I want. I was on vacation all this week, got some flying in. I have a paved area right across the street from my house, nothing like charging and flying all day long, it's kind of close to the RR tracks but so far no issues. Here is a picture from this morning before the first flight and I'm trying a different setting on my camera.
                I have worked with this A-4 way more than any of my other EDF jets on getting it to fly the way I want and I now can say I really enjoy flying it.

Okay, here are my settings and some of you are not going to agree but it works for me.

Ailerons- 11mm up/dwn, one rate only, no expo and using the second hole from the end of the servo horn

Elevators-11mm up-13mm dwn, one rate only, no expo and using the second hole from the end of the servo horn

4mm elevator up trim mixed in with flaps down at 40mm.

CG is 190mm with tanks and bombs loaded up, measured as per the A-4 update notice from MRC

Batteries used are the new blue Gensace 5000 45c and Gensace 5000 60c pushed all the way to the board plus 1/2 oz of lead added in the canopy tab mounting hole on the fuselage and I do not remove weight for any reason with or without it loaded up or when I do a battery swap from 45c to 60c, not a whole lot of weight difference to affect the flight.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1403[1].JPG Views:	1 Size:	266.5 KB ID:	103469

Comment

• Excellent! Glad you got it dialed in. Were you having issues with it in a high speed roll?

Comment

• Mine was just a mix of everything, it felt like I was chasing it around every flight and my landings were okay but kind of all over the place. So all in all I just toned everything down, got the CG where I liked and got more flights on it to get used to it more. I got it all sorted out and flying really good, it's a keeper for sure now....:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                      Mine was just a mix of everything, it felt like I was chasing it around every flight and my landings were okay but kind of all over the place. So all in all I just toned everything down, got the CG where I liked and got more flights on it to get used to it more. I got it all sorted out and flying really good, it's a keeper for sure now....:Cool:
                      Good to hear. I agree, she is a keeper.

Comment

• Originally posted by RuthR720 View Post
                        This jet already has good low speed characteristics but can it be improved with Mylar vortex generators? It would also add to the scale appeal.
                        I wonder what how much of an effect they would really have? They'd certainly look cool. But, here's a tricky A-4 NATOPS question for you; what's the voltage and max amperage on those vortex generators?

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

I wonder what how much of an effect they would really have? They'd certainly look cool. But, here's a tricky A-4 NATOPS question for you; what's the voltage and max amperage on those vortex generators?
                          Not quite enough to trigger the flux capacitor. :)
                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Probably could short out the whole electrical aspect of it with a bucket of prop wash LOL
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• But the muffler bearing is only good for 10 amps.

Comment

• Another nice day of Scooter flying!

Pat

Comment

• What if the color conductor shorts against the podium switch?

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Well, first you'll have to run a request chit via the ID10T form to get enough gig line to measure. Don't forget you'll need two sky hooks, one for each wing to attach the gig line.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      Another nice day of Scooter flying!

Spectacular Photo!!!:-)
                                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I never posted this, but I narrowly avoided disaster with my A-4 2 weeks ago. Our club had a Fun Fly that Saturday, and I brought out the big 5-burner grill for dogs and burgers. Strapped the grill inside my 6x10 trailer, and then had my A-4 sitting on a foam pad beside it. When I got to the field, the grill was laying completely on top of my A-4! :Scared:

We managed to carefully get the grill off of it, and I was shocked that the damage was minimal. It was really just cosmetic stuff, dents and scratches. How it survived is beyond me. And then I flew it 4 times that day.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Well, first you'll have to run a request chit via the ID10T form to get enough gig line to measure. Don't forget you'll need two sky hooks, one for each wing to attach the gig line.
                                          1D10T!! Love it!

Comment

Working...
                                          X