Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will send to any one that needs to them. Just give me the address. I have no need for them now. Okay!

Comment

• Tested a FMS 80mm inrunner today. Actually disappointing results. Not as good performing as stock FW outrunner. No gain in speed and if anything a loss of thrust. This model needs the grunt of an outrunner IMO.

Back to the stock FW outrunner. They designed this combo very well.

Hawk
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Just finished rewriting the Skyhawk manual, so it should be posted by the end of the week, stay tuned!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
          Tested a FMS 80mm inrunner today. Actually disappointing results. Not as good performing as stock FW outrunner. No gain in speed and if anything a loss of thrust. This model needs the grunt of an outrunner IMO.

Back to the stock FW outrunner. They designed this combo very well.

Hawk
          well that sucks.... but hey did you recalibrate throttle? That was the issue with mine when I first put it in. It felt lame at first and then once I did that it changed to what it is now... this is a different plane though... the mig and F-5 have been awesome with this motor fan combo....
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• A-4 from VFA 127. Did a few mods. I added wing vortex generators, TAT probe, pitot probe, removed the fairing from the underside of the nose, and changed the main wheels. Weathering is next

Comment

• Nice job. Well done and all that good stuff. I like it :Cool:
              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Hey everyone, I built my A-4 months ago and it was just to pretty to fly and risk messing it up. Yesterday I finally got the itch to take her out and wow am I glad I did. Only got one flight on her, but I was able to test her out pretty well. Like everyone says she flies like she is on rails, and is really touchy on the ailerons. My opinion is that the low rate ailerons are probably the same you will want to use on the high rates, as she spins like a Top. Used the setup by the book and was very pleased that the only trim she needed was a little down elevator. One of the most amazing things to me was that she would cruise no problem on what seemed like less than 25 percent throttle, which is by far better than any of the other Freewing EDFs that I own. I also got a few low passes in with both flap settings and she floated so sweet that I was completely confident bringing her in for a landing with full flaps, and she slowed down so well on the flair that she maybe only rolled 20-30 feet on the concrete, which was also amazing.

Owning the 80mm F5, 70mm V2 F16, 80mm A-6, 70 and 90mm F-104s, and twin 80mm A-10, I have to say that the 80mm A-4 is by far my new favorite. If you have some EDF flighttime under your belt, you can't go wrong with this jet. I can't wait to try her on grass, and I am pretty confident that she will do great there as well, since the weheels are plenty large enough and the struts are long enough to keep the cheater vent from sucking up every leaf and blade of grass in her path. I can attest to this, as I upgraded my 80mm A-6 with the A-4 nose gear strut and wheel and it turned my A-6 vacuum cleaner into a sweet ride on our grass field, and cut down on the takeoff run by at least 50 percent.

Comment

• BTW, am I need of new glasses or is there no Official A-6 thread on this site?

Comment

• Just to let everyone know, I have completed the manual and am just waiting to hear from the boys that they have uploaded it.

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• BTW Bill, this is the Official thread
                      at least from the title!;)

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks, Roger that. Is there a Freewing 80mm A-6 thread?

Comment

• Dan, this is the A-4 thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            BTW Bill, this is the Official thread
                            at least from the title!;)

Grossman56
                            Official Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk Thread
                            He wanted the A-6 thread...

FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Calla View Post
                              A-4 from VFA 127. Did a few mods. I added wing vortex generators, TAT probe, pitot probe, removed the fairing from the underside of the nose, and changed the main wheels. Weathering is next
                              Love it Calla! Where did you get the vortex generators or did you make them from something?

Comment

• Some nice shots of my "Scooter," taken at a Veterans Day Fly In hosted by W.A.R.P.S. R/C club in Berwick, La https://youtu.be/GeNBbwynFpA?t=179

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

Love it Calla! Where did you get the vortex generators or did you make them from something?
                                  I made the wing vortex generators myself. It took a little time to measure, cut, and install the generators

Comment

• What did you make them out of? I am considering adding them to my Blue Angels #6 and was thinking of just using styrene strips.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calla View Post
                                      I made the wing vortex generators myself. It took a little time to measure, cut, and install the generators
                                      Could you give us a close up picture of the VG’s Calla? I have a couple sets of FreeWing’s VGs from their 90mm T-45 to use, which they list as wing fences, but I don’t trust my ability to carve into the wing to install the flat strips flush, and on the curved leading edge slats this would look bad. Individual blades would be tedious and maybe not as durable than the styrene t-45 strips.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                        What did you make them out of? I am considering adding them to my Blue Angels #6 and was thinking of just using styrene strips.
                                        I used styrene strips, it worked out good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

Could you give us a close up picture of the VG’s Calla? I have a couple sets of FreeWing’s VGs from their 90mm T-45 to use, which they list as wing fences, but I don’t trust my ability to carve into the wing to install the flat strips flush, and on the curved leading edge slats this would look bad. Individual blades would be tedious and maybe not as durable than the styrene t-45 strips.
                                          Here's a picture of the VG's. Each one was was cut to size and I had to cut the slots in the wings. Be patient it's going to take some time. Was this picture ok?

Comment

Working...
                                          X