X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome!
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• SUPER SEXY! Big boy toys!!
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Flight 42 on the Scooter

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Its paid for its self! well done!
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I just received my A-4 and I'm impressed with the quality. This thing is huge for a 80mm. I've owned several Freewing EDFs and they have never let me down. I decided to go to turbines last year and sold all of my EDFs, but I had to have this one.

I do have 1 big problem though. WHY did Freewing glue all of the access panels on? My sc and motor wires are not connected and the sc has slid forward so the wires will not reach. This is going to be tough to fix. Any suggestions? I also want to paint the gear white and this will be a hassle since the covers are glued on. I really wish they would have included gear doors. I will probably do some kind of nose gear door like a few others have done. I was hoping someone on the thread would come up with some kind "door kit".

The paint and parts fit is the best I've seen on a EDF. Hopefully all of the electronics work and I can get the sc and motor wires connected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushong572 View Post
              I just received my A-4 and I'm impressed with the quality. This thing is huge for a 80mm. I've owned several Freewing EDFs and they have never let me down. I decided to go to turbines last year and sold all of my EDFs, but I had to have this one.

I do have 1 big problem though. WHY did Freewing glue all of the access panels on? My sc and motor wires are not connected and the sc has slid forward so the wires will not reach. This is going to be tough to fix. Any suggestions? I also want to paint the gear white and this will be a hassle since the covers are glued on. I really wish they would have included gear doors. I will probably do some kind of nose gear door like a few others have done. I was hoping someone on the thread would come up with some kind "door kit".

The paint and parts fit is the best I've seen on a EDF. Hopefully all of the electronics work and I can get the sc and motor wires connected.
              Welcome to the Squawk. The plastic covers are easy to remove. Complexity and cost are largely why they don't add those details to some planes. Besides, it causes us to find our inner modder...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171127_184946.jpg Views:	1 Size:	132.0 KB ID:	106711

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Welcome to the Squawk. The plastic covers are easy to remove. Complexity and cost are largely why they don't add those details to some planes. Besides, it causes us to find our inner modder...

Click image for larger version Name:	20171127_184946.jpg Views:	1 Size:	132.0 KB ID:	106711
                Thanks.........beautiful job on the Skyhawk. Can you post some detailed pics of your gear doors (main and nose)?

Comment

• Hey Steve, take those doors off and let MRC do them on 3D so we can all enjoy!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushong572 View Post

Thanks.........beautiful job on the Skyhawk. Can you post some detailed pics of your gear doors (main and nose)?

Follow along as Steve does the conversion

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• That's what I was looking for....thanks

Comment

• Some formation flying last week with my friend and his RocHobby 70mm Scorpion

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• [QUOTE=Bushong572;n106709] My sc and motor wires are not connected and the sc has slid forward so the wires will not reach. This is going to be tough to fix. Any suggestions?

I had the same issue. In order to reconnect the motor wires I removed the cheater grill and fan cover. Then took out the screws holding the ESC in place, then also removed the screws securing the EDF unit and managed to rejoin the wires. It took a while to remove the cheater grill as I want to minimise damage to the paintwork.

It's worth running up the EDF before reattaching the cheater grill to make sure that the motor is rotating the right way!!

After I completed my 'fix' I did read elsewhere that someone had managed to reconnect the wires by removing the fin and horizontal stab and going in through the top of the fuselage. That may be worth a try before going in from underneath as I did.

While I was at it I put some thin CA in the ESC and EDF screw holes in the ply to harden up the threads in the ply. You do of course need to wait until the CA sets hard before reinstalling everything!

Comment

• A Moment of SILENCE PLEASE Lost my A4 today

Elevator servo failure. Bucking bronco all the way to the ground (3rd flight). Went in Very Very Hard . All Lost....... I didn't run the servos on a tester. that will NEVER happen again.

The plus side is I got two beautiful presentation passes and a spectacular takeoff! Another Plus , I get to buy another one!
                            And I got 5 Rocking flights on my AVANTI!

Comment

• Oh noooo! Bummer man, sorry to hear that. Good chin up attitude though.

Comment

• Always! I LOVE this S**T!!!!

Comment

• That's the attitude! I know the feeling, I hated to loose my FW P-51, "My Little Gal II" after all the Flite metal work I did on her, but, at least I have a lot of pictures of her, and had an empty spot in the ever growing hangar which got filled with the Avant!, so I'm good with it.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• " Ya fly Jets long enough and these things are bound to happen" Commander Mike Metcalf

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171203_104752649_HDR[1].jpg
Views:	246
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	106952
                                      AMA 1102566

Comment

• Well Done on the pilots!

Comment

• Upon further inspection, I'm not as impressed as I originally was. My sc was loose because the plywood strap was broken. I made another piece and was able to mount the sc after removing the fan and going thru the cheater hole.......PITA
                                          I'm glad I pulled the fan because the plywood fan mounts were not glued at all.
                                          One of my main gear retracts has a broken rotation pin in it (I'll call Motion tomorrow).
                                          2 of my wing servos were not centered before they were installed..........the arms are way off. So I get to pry the servos out or notch the foam so I can get to the servo arm screw.

Comment

Working...
                                          X