Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan,

Thanks for the answer. Stock ESC with the stock built in BEC?
    Yes, completely stock. I verified everything was plugged in correctly between the motor and ESC and couldn't find anything working it's way loose or any faulty solder joints. I verified all of this BEFORE I flew both models.

It's really a great airframe, and worth your time and treasure to put back in the air. Absolutely hit up motion for some restitution, they're usually pretty good about customer service.
    Hey pullupnow,

I did that. My initial "report" email is basically what I sent to MotionRC. One of their customer service agents replied back to me, here is what they said: "Due to the nature of this hobby, most manufacturers do not offer a warranty on flown components. As a vendor for these manufacturer's products, we here at Motion RC do our best to go the extra mile however and extend our in-house company warranty to 30 days or up to the first flights so customers can get used to their new planes with the confidence that if a defect is found they will be covered for replacement. Frequently we make exceptions in special cases, extending that warranty period for up to 45 days. Ultimately though, at some point, the usage of a product and time out in the field obscures our ability to clearly isolate an original manufacturer's defect as the cause of an issue versus normal "wear and tear" or some other pilot-induced or environmentally-induced cause. Like any consumer product company, a warranty is offered as a guideline and eventually, it must expire. Therefore we will not be able to offer any Manufacturer's Warranty and we hope you understand our position."

I agree with what you said about the A-4 being a wonderful airplane to fly. By my fifth flight (which ended with a crash) I was beginning to feel very comfortable with the jet. Thankfully the crash wasn't as severe as the first and all the aircraft really needs is a new fuselage. I haven't responded to MotionRC's email yet but I would think that some sort of compensation off a new fuselage and/or the hardware to refit it wouldn't be too extreme?

I've got the Freewing T-33 waiting in the wings and I have to say I'm very hesitant about flying it. It has the same fan unit/ESC as the A-4. I'm refitting all the stock digital servos with HiTec HS-65s in an effort to rule out servo failure and/or transmitter failure since the transmitter has/had a clean bill of health.

Comment

• Rob, good luck in your flying and I hope you do continue to fly your planes and have better success with them.

Comment

• I hope they stand up and give you parts at cost for your rebuild. Best of luck with it.

Comment

• In hopes of keeping this thread alive, here’s my most recent A-4. Converted to XA4D-1. Single piece windscreen, smaller intakes, smooth rudder, and the funky nose. Flies well, but hard to see! Click image for larger version

Name:	E371B5F7-C4C7-493B-80CA-8F7A208B6844.jpeg
Views:	604
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	353083

Comment

• I was at a fantastic EDF meeting in Velo (NL) last weekend and recorded a flight from pilot Roland flying his Freewing A-4 Skyhawk equiped with a FMS 2100kv 80mm Pro EDF unit. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Must see really nice looking A-4M Skyhawk version. The 'low vis' scheme is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• About to order the Freewing A4 Skyhawk .Just one concern .A friend brought a new Freewing from MRC .He has repainted it but had to put a lot if lead in the nose to obtain the correct Cof G .Has far has I know this not normal to put so much lead in the nose of the Slyhawk .Am I right and on a standard Freewing Skyhawk you should be able to achieve the correct Cof G without add lead to the nose of the A4 .I think my friend has added so much extra weight by doing a customise paint job ,putting a lot if weight on the model causing it to be so tail heavy ..Can a new Freewing A4 Skyhawk straight from MRC balance OK without adding a lot of nose weight to the model

Comment

• Depends on battery I guess. I'm using 5200's that weigh around 575g and it balances easy.

Comment

• FYI! Make sure you review prior posts about CG location on this plane. The advertised CG location is too far forward, you must push it back 10mm from advertised. Watch RCGeeks video on the build and fly of the A-4. I’ve run 4000/5000 in my A-4 and she balances out okay.

Richard

Comment

• Well, there was some misunderstanding on were the reference point was to measure from...

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                        About to order the Freewing A4 Skyhawk .Just one concern .A friend brought a new Freewing from MRC .He has repainted it but had to put a lot if lead in the nose to obtain the correct Cof G .Has far has I know this not normal to put so much lead in the nose of the Slyhawk .Am I right and on a standard Freewing Skyhawk you should be able to achieve the correct Cof G without add lead to the nose of the A4 .I think my friend has added so much extra weight by doing a customise paint job ,putting a lot if weight on the model causing it to be so tail heavy ..Can a new Freewing A4 Skyhawk straight from MRC balance OK without adding a lot of nose weight to the model
                        The CG called for in the RC Geek video works well for me, it’s a little further back than the position shown in the manual.
                        My A4 balances with an Admiral 5000 pack about as far forward as it will go.

Comment

• Thanks everyone .Was a bit concerned I would have to put lead in the nose but it now looks like my mate has overdone the custom paint job,making the A4 tail heavy .I much prefer the way Freewing have finished the model and the plus to the standard finish is in my opinion looks a lot better then my mates one

Comment

• Bahamas Defence Force A-4. The Bahamas celebrates 50 years of independence from the UK this July 10th!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8459.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	380364Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8462.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	380365

Comment

• My wife is Bahamian and my mother in law still lives there. I researched planes and never saw they had a A-4, so is that real or fantasy?

Comment

• Evan, my wife is also Bahamian, grew up on Eleuthera. Paint scheme is a total farce. What coulda been!

Comment

• We have some things in common! She was born in Nassau. Grew up on Abaco. Mom still lives there.

Fantasy... Like my Uruguayan Gripen :)

Comment

• I see the latest version is all upgraded but now they preapply squid markings and I guess no longer provide the marine decals.

How much paint damage does one do pulling these decals?

Comment

• Go Navy!

Comment

• The Marines are a department of the Navy, men’s department. Go with it!

jp

Comment

• Branch of the Navy.

Originally posted by jetpltrich View Post
                                          The Marines are a department of the Navy, men’s department. Go with it!

jp

Comment

Working...
                                          X