Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried the 3048-2150kV out of the F-104 in this jet yet? Wondering how it would be?

Comment

• Comes with a 2300kV and performs well with it. Were you thinking longer flight times?

Comment

• I already have this set up from a downed 104. Debating on getting the 104 or Bae Arf plus

Comment

• Ahh...... gotcha Dan. Might work fine. It is a very fast and nimble flier on the stock set up.

Comment

• Thanks, debating which way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaumer View Post
              Hey fellas, just picked this up at Christmas and wanted to use a AR636 with AS3X, but didn't find anywhere suitable near the CG for mounting. So, I came up with this on the 3d Printer. This would also obviously work for any add on gyro as well.

I've got some rewiring to do, but happy with the results so far. I had better results printing this in ABS rather than PLA, your results could vary, It's not quite back at the CG, but I think this is an acceptable compromise.

Thanks bbaumer!!
              That's a great idea. Although I don't have a 3D printer, one of my buddys has one. I was just getting nuts on how to install the stabilization both, in the Hawk and also in the Scorpion and Yak-130, and I think 3D printing may be the easy way to go.

Comment

• Gyros aren't typically all that picky about having to be close to the CG. Still, the closer the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by MotionJB View Post
                  Calling all Base Gray Hawk owners (or anybody who customized any version).

Got a base gray hawk that I plan on doing a video of a custom scheme on in the near future. But, since everyone has different tips, tricks and ways to customize any foamie, I figured to do a proper video we would love to include input from everyone who have already done it. It isn't logistically possible to show every method ourselves (that's a lot of Hawks). So what better way than to show the pictures and videos you guys supply of your custom Hawks and share your tips, tricks and processes you used to accomplish your variation.

There are a ton of great schemes already but I wanted to ask you guys if you'd
                  A. Mind being highlighted in a video? (or your Hawk and Squawk username at least) and
                  B. Mind sharing more detailed info on just how you did yours?

So let me know if you'd be interested, if needed I would make a new thread but let's see what you guys think?
                  Defiantly interested ! :)

Comment

• Hey guys ! Happy new Year to you all !

Ive got the base grey Hawk T1 from freewing and am in the process of creating it into the xx200 RAF valley scheme ... going great so far !!! But I really would love to add some AIM-9 sidewinders underneath the wings ........ any suggestions or ideas how to ... ? have seen on the motionRC spare parts page there are numerous weapon kits i could try ..... but then i would alos need some sort of weapon pylon ...... what you think ? cheers

Ad

Comment

• Go for it! Pick a weapons set for starters if you can find something you want to use then we could look at what kind of mounting system they require.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                        Go for it! Pick a weapons set for starters if you can find something you want to use then we could at what kind of mounting system they require.
                        Amazing I will have a good look ;)

Comment

• Just received my Hawk today.. Very nice assembly, however anyone know what the bag of clear plastic parts are for? No mention of them in the manual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr D View Post
                            Just received my Hawk today.. Very nice assembly, however anyone know what the bag of clear plastic parts are for? No mention of them in the manual.
                            I have the same question and never made the time to check with MotionRC. Those parts seem to be hinges. Now, I checked the ailerons, and rudder and they seem to be already set. However, it should be nice to have an official response on why those parts are included.

Comment

• You r correct they r hinges thay r provided in case you want to upgrade or repair your control surfaces. i think thay r mentioned in the overview somewhere

Comment

• got 4 or 5 laying around have not needed them

Comment

• Thanks a lot hotrod. I will check about the overview, just to see what they say about them.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	113726 found this on another model overview

Comment

• these come with all flightline and freewing planes

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	113729

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod23t View Post
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	113729
                                          looks great!

Comment

Working...
                                          X