Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As an odd comparison, it reminds me of my all-time favorite Unlimited Hydroplane, the 1980-1982 turbine Pay N' Pak. One of my favorite features were the F-15-like intakes!

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
      Ok Final Setup complete. Used Freewing 8S system. Jeti REX9 receiver , MUI ( Jeti Capacity Telemetry) and Hobby eagle gyro ..... Balanced at 125mm. Removed nose weight.
      5000 6S and 5000 2S
      Ok... I am quoting my self.. HAHA, Finally got the maiden ... JUST AWESOME. Utilized the data from this thread to great success (Especially Gooniac Thanks man ) ... the 125mm CG is perfect. Zero elevator trim needed... Almost no room left. 8S with a Gyro ad and a Jeti MUI takes up " all the Space" Its a Winner.... Now need to figure out how to incorporate the Dorsal speed break.
      Was a fairly breeze day but she flew awesome.
      Attached Files
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I just purchased and received the F15 this past week. I didn’t have the fuse out for 5 minutes when my wife noticed that the fuse was cracked on both sides behind the front nose gear. I couldn’t believe it. I’ve been saving for this plane for a while now and when I get it, it’s broke.
        Im sending it back to Freewing hoping they will make it right. Hope to hear from them this week.
        Has anyone else had this problem?
        I hope they call me as I really just want this jet in new condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritwind View Post
          I just purchased and received the F15 this past week. I didn’t have the fuse out for 5 minutes when my wife noticed that the fuse was cracked on both sides behind the front nose gear. I couldn’t believe it. I’ve been saving for this plane for a while now and when I get it, it’s broke.
          Im sending it back to Freewing hoping they will make it right. Hope to hear from them this week.
          Has anyone else had this problem?
          I hope they call me as I really just want this jet in new condition.
          Its a well known problem, if you look in the return clearance item section you will see other F-15 with the same problems sold at a discount, don't know why this is still a shipping problem, someone needs to visit the packing and shipping deprt and take care of this issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Its a well known problem, if you look in the return clearance item section you will see other F-15 with the same problems sold at a discount, don't know why this is still a shipping problem, someone needs to visit the packing and shipping deprt and take care of this issue.
            Thanks for your reply DCCorsair,, where is this return clearance section? Thanks

Comment

• I found it, thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritwind View Post
                I found it, thanks
                Your welcome, sorry you had to get the bad one, this jet flies really well and its worth the trouble I think, hope you got the high performance pkg?

Comment

Your welcome, sorry you had to get the bad one, this jet flies really well and its worth the trouble I think, hope you got the high performance pkg?
                  Last edited by Spiritwind; Jun 7, 2020, 10:54 PM. Reason: I did get the high perform, but I sent it back. I was really looking forward to the F15

Comment

• I purchased the arf+ version open box. Don't mind a little cosmetic work. When I opened the box the canopy was not latched . Could not get it to latch without a lot of pressure lifting the nose. When I got it latched there's still a gap between canopy and fuse. Anybody experience this problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
                      I purchased the arf+ version open box. Don't mind a little cosmetic work. When I opened the box the canopy was not latched . Could not get it to latch without a lot of pressure lifting the nose. When I got it latched there's still a gap between canopy and fuse. Anybody experience this problem?
                      I had the same cracks around the nose gear mount, and one by the nose wheel door hinge. I had some carbon rod I imbedded in the foam to help strengthen these areas. I made pin holes in the cracks with a T-pin and injected some hysol epoxy I was using on another project. Filled the hole with some spackle and touch up paint. If it cracks again some light weight fiberglass cloth in these areas might help.

The nose is fairly flexible/weak. Ironically the same issue the full scale F-15 developed. This might be the reason for the gap you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post

I had the same cracks around the nose gear mount, and one by the nose wheel door hinge. I had some carbon rod I imbedded in the foam to help strengthen these areas. I made pin holes in the cracks with a T-pin and injected some hysol epoxy I was using on another project. Filled the hole with some spackle and touch up paint. If it cracks again some light weight fiberglass cloth in these areas might help.

The nose is fairly flexible/weak. Ironically the same issue the full scale F-15 developed. This might be the reason for the gap you have.
                        There was a case where the whole cockpit on the full scale did just that and came apart just in front of the air intakes.
                        AMA 424553

Comment

• Is it possible to heat the nose with weight on it to move it? Takes a lot of upward force on the nose to get the canopy to latch. I don't think the latch pin will hold that much pressure.

Comment

• Did you glue the front section on already? I just did a rebuild of the nose area on mine just to keep that area strong enough to fly off grass with 8S. My first few landings were a learning experience (stock 1550kv) and that section looked similar after not maintaining enough speed on landing a few times.
                            I had some CF strips that I preinstalled along the sides of the inner fuselage from a few inches before the NLG block. I also wrapped the new nose with Thin vinyl. I removed the nose weight to compensate a bit weight wise. You can add a little upward force to the nose section when epoxying it together with the fuselage to eliminate some of the flex that creates a gap in the canopy latch area.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I’m almost done with the new livery. I had Callie make them a long time ago but only recently started working on it
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
                                Did you glue the front section on already? I just did a rebuild of the nose area on mine just to keep that area strong enough to fly off grass with 8S. My first few landings were a learning experience (stock 1550kv) and that section looked similar after not maintaining enough speed on landing a few times.
                                I had some CF strips that I preinstalled along the sides of the inner fuselage from a few inches before the NLG block. I also wrapped the new nose with Thin vinyl. I removed the nose weight to compensate a bit weight wise. You can add a little upward force to the nose section when epoxying it together with the fuselage to eliminate some of the flex that creates a gap in the canopy latch area.
                                It came with the nose glued on. Guess I can weight the nose to get it how it needs to be, then glue in some c.f. reinforcement. What glue did you use to attach c.f.?

Comment

• Hey everyone, I just ordered the inrunner version. Is there a link to a post with anything additional besides the manual? best CG, throws, flaps mixing? Looks like folks are liking to land with no flaps?

Comment

• Put five great flights on the F-15 today. The jet flies great, nice scale presence in the air. Landings are fun and very realistic looking. I installed one of The RC Geek multiburner simulated afterburner dual light systems. It really adds a lot to the jet, the flicker as it turns on/off is awesome. Thanks Chris for making these available.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post
                                      Put five great flights on the F-15 today. The jet flies great, nice scale presence in the air. Landings are fun and very realistic looking. I installed one of The RC Geek multiburner simulated afterburner dual light systems. It really adds a lot to the jet, the flicker as it turns on/off is awesome. Thanks Chris for making these available.
                                      Looks awesome, have to say I do miss mine, sold it after several flights to get something else, might have to pick up another one, landings are the best, very scale with that nose high AOA.

Comment

Looks awesome, have to say I do miss mine, sold it after several flights to get something else, might have to pick up another one, landings are the best, very scale with that nose high AOA.
                                        The landings are a blast!

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
                                          I’m almost done with the new livery. I had Callie make them a long time ago but only recently started working on it
                                          I love it. Glamorous Glennis. Chuck Yeager would be proud.

Comment

Working...
                                          X