Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 week total lockdown,,,,again whataa ???up so ihave 6 weeks to excersise my thumbs ,,, rebuilding the fuse ....will take some work,, but im up 4 it.... will need front retract nose cone and canopy..... was thinking of taking off 1 inch on the inbord ailerons,, add it to the wings.... would make it less sensative.??? whatever i do the 15mm travel was waaay to much when not if i conquer it ,,iwill put new fuse on it yes mr solt they a pretty little plane

Comment

• Ok I wonder if anyone has had this problem I ordered and received a new fuse for the F35a and it came with all leads etc so only needed to change the servo for I'm old fuse ,problem the rudders and nose wheel are going in opposit directions Iknow I could put a servo reverser in the nose wheel lead but can't figure out why all the servos are in the same place as they were in old fuse ????????

Comment

• Originally posted by rsunleaded View Post
        Ok I wonder if anyone has had this problem I ordered and received a new fuse for the F35a and it came with all leads etc so only needed to change the servo for I'm old fuse ,problem the rudders and nose wheel are going in opposit directions Iknow I could put a servo reverser in the nose wheel lead but can't figure out why all the servos are in the same place as they were in old fuse ????????
        is it worth swapping rudder servos ??

Comment

• I'm not close to my F-35 to take a look but does it come with the "blue box"? If it does, then when you plug in the steering servo, the blue box acts like a "reverser". If you are not using the blue box, then the servo may in fact, require an external reverser.
          It's not worth switching out the rudder servos when you can switch out only one steering servo. The reverser is the cheapr and easier way to go. The other alternative is to use a high channel count RX and put the steering on a separate channel and then do whatever you want with it. Of course, that also requires you have a high channel count TX.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
            I'm not close to my F-35 to take a look but does it come with the "blue box"? If it does, then when you plug in the steering servo, the blue box acts like a "reverser". If you are not using the blue box, then the servo may in fact, require an external reverser.
            It's not worth switching out the rudder servos when you can switch out only one steering servo. The reverser is the cheapr and easier way to go. The other alternative is to use a high channel count RX and put the steering on a separate channel and then do whatever you want with it. Of course, that also requires you have a high channel count TX.
            pretty sure no blue box !!was playing with mine earlier... never would question u viper just asking ,, r the rudder servos 1 normal 1revesed ,,always learning

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

pretty sure no blue box !!was playing with mine earlier... never would question u viper just asking ,, r the rudder servos 1 normal 1revesed ,,always learning
              I think the rudder servos are both the same. If I'm not mistaken, both servos are on the inside of the rudder and actuate the rudder from the inside. Therefore, when one arm "pushes" on the rudder, the other servo arm "pulls" on the rudder. In that way, both rudders move in the same direction. Just imagine that each servo had a two-sided arm (where one side sticks through the rudder). Now visualize how each servo and arm moves by looking down on them from above when standing from behind the model. When both arms move clockwise, the right one's arm (on the inside) moves UP, while the left one's arm (on the inside) moves DOWN, causing each rudder to move in the same direction.
              If one servo were "reversed", that wouldn't happen. The rudders would then move in opposite directions.

Comment

• thnx viper.. after i asked that i realized the rudder servos had not been removed .... dumb aussie...daaah was just curious ,, if same servos put in same way ,,why the problem...oh well... we may find out

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                  thnx viper.. after i asked that i realized the rudder servos had not been removed .... dumb aussie...daaah was just curious ,, if same servos put in same way ,,why the problem...oh well... we may find out
                  Hey, man, I love you Aussies. One of my most favorite vacations ever. I even have an F/A-18 in the OZ RAAF theme. The only thing lacking with this F-35 is a similar livery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_59627.jpg
Views:	869
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	267259

Comment

• Thanks everyone for the suggestions I have found a reverser (have just moved house and down sized) and hooked it up to the nose wheel xviper I have mine detailed as the first one to arrive at Williamtown and which was near my old house and they flew over our house prior to landing oh decals made by Callie AS-009 I will post a photo soon

Comment

• Hello,

I have the Freewing F-35 Lightning II V3 and I'm setting up my Lemon RX 7-Channel Receiver with Stability Plus to bind with my DX6 Gen 3 transmitter. I need assistance.

Can anyone comment?? If I want the autolevel feature and gyro feature to be enabled on a two position switch, without splitting the no gyro option instead of a 3 position switch, how does one do this in practice?

Do I just put the bind plug onto A2/B without setting J4 & J5, bind it like a normal wing then set J4 and J5? How do I put the gyro and autolevel on its own two position switch? Do I put the bind plug on Gearand leave Bind/Aux 2?

I am confused with the following:

Why does Channel 5 Gear control the Gyro and that would be tied to the 3 position switch?

Anybody who can help me with explaining the process step-by-step that would be great!

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by anwudgf View Post
                        Hello,

I have the Freewing F-35 Lightning II V3 and I'm setting up my Lemon RX 7-Channel Receiver with Stability Plus to bind with my DX6 Gen 3 transmitter. I need assistance.

There are good info on this thread for Lemon RX: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...er-Plus-thread

Comment

• Originally posted by dradams2 View Post
                          The rebuild of my F-35C is almost ready to fly. I really like the dual front wheels! I also got thte wing extensions right this time to be more scale looking. All I have left to do now is trim it out and set the low and high rates. I have read all of the comments on how much throw but this is an entirely different bird with flaps and much smaller ailerons than the F-35A. I will still be going conservative. Hope to get it in the air sometime soon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Z50_0804A.jpg Views:	125 Size:	509.7 KB ID:	264782
                          m

LOVE THIS! Where are you running the center of gravity?
                          Can not wait to hear how it flys and see some video.

Also, what nose strut did you go with?

thanks!
                          Justin

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                            m

LOVE THIS! Where are you running the center of gravity?
                            Can not wait to hear how it flys and see some video.

Also, what nose strut did you go with?

thanks!
                            Justin
                            Man those flaps are like barn doors

Comment

The rebuild of my F-35C is almost ready to fly. I really like the dual front wheels! I also got thte wing extensions right this time to be more scale looking. All I have left to do now is trim it out and set the low and high rates. I have read all of the comments on how much throw but this is an entirely different bird with flaps and much smaller ailerons than the F-35A. I will still be going conservative. Hope to get it in the air sometime soon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Z50_0804A.jpg Views:	133 Size:	509.7 KB ID:	264782
                              Man those flaps are like barn doors, crazy. Let us know how she works

Comment

• This is very, very impressive, you should be very proud. Among all the other feats, I also really like the paintbrush marks on areas such as the horizontal stab, because it adds some interesting color difference that reminds me of the variations on the full size F-35. These aircraft rarely remain one single evenly applied color for very long.

Again, great job dradams2 !
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Z50_0804A.jpg
Views:	1040
Size:	509.7 KB
ID:	264782
                                  great job again drad ...looks awsome ..to b honest!! its hard with pics,,but it looksbetter than original.... when ,,, not if it flys ya gota tell ya set up.... im sure it will have good presence in the air .....looks like 6 to 8 inch span increase??? good luck i may b swayed to do same

Comment

• My F-35 V3 is very squirrely on the ground - more so than any other EDF I own (including the Avanti which is notorious for this).

All the retracts are secure with little slop, the wheels are true, aligned and run freely, and I have a brace on the nosegear but nothing seems to improve the ground handling.

Has anyone else encountered this? And if so, how did you fix it?

Comment

• Originally posted by jkallend View Post
                                      My F-35 V3 is very squirrely on the ground - more so than any other EDF I own (including the Avanti which is notorious for this).
                                      All the retracts are secure with little slop, the wheels are true, aligned and run freely, and I have a brace on the nosegear but nothing seems to improve the ground handling.
                                      Has anyone else encountered this? And if so, how did you fix it?
                                      Mine tracks true...no hunting; what are your rudder/nosewheel steering throws? What rudder rates do you set for takeoff/landing?
                                      The manual calls for way more travel in every axis than is desireable. WRT the rudder, the manual says 25mm-HIGH....and 21mm-LOW.
                                      In comparison, I use 15mm-HIGH; and 13mm-LOW. I taxi in HIGH Rudder, takeoff and land in LOW rudder and HIGH elevator. Also, I have flown it no gyro, with an Admiral RX600SP, and my current reprogrammed AR636A tailored to this plane. It is stable on the ground all around, but the gyros did seem to lock it in even more.
                                      DB

Comment

• Hello all. First timer here. I have a battery question. Can I go up to a 6000mah on this jet? looking at this one. https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Connecto...ustomerReviews

Comment

• Originally posted by suzook1 View Post
                                          Hello all. First timer here. I have a battery question. Can I go up to a 6000mah on this jet? looking at this one. https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Connecto...ustomerReviews
                                          That thing weighs 855g. The recommended battery is a 4500mah (max). Those weigh in the low to mid 600g range. Not sure you'd be able to balance it with such a heavy battery and even if you could, it would land like a rocket ship.

Comment

Working...
                                          X