X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USMA-82 View Post

No, haven't made the request yet. I'm thinking there will be a note from MotionRC when they're ready.
    Just got a email from Motion They will ship me a set. 4 to 6 weeks.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin417 View Post
      I have been wanting the T-33 BUT seeing all of these quality control issues I'm going to hold off and see if the second batch is any better.
      Mine arrived in perfect condition. I'll be assembling later today but I don't expect any problems.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Ugh, more upside down decals. That's obnoxious. I hope they send us all a full decal sheet, not just the decal sheet for the bottom. It would be nice to fix some of these. There is nothing more unrealistic looking than upside down decals on an aircraft.

Comment

Just noticed one downside to factory-applied decals. Note the emblem at the rear of the fuselage - the star is upside down!
          Mine has just left Chicago International and should be in Canada somewhere by now. After reading about T-Cat's T-33 and now this, I guess it's too late to get them to turn around and go back?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
            Ugh, more upside down decals. That's obnoxious. I hope they send us all a full decal sheet, not just the decal sheet for the bottom. It would be nice to fix some of these. There is nothing more unrealistic looking than upside down decals on an aircraft.
            I think I've proved my point on the QC stickers, are you listening MRC. Boy did you see all the guys locked in the bathroom?! LOL

Comment

Ugh, more upside down decals. That's obnoxious. I hope they send us all a full decal sheet, not just the decal sheet for the bottom. It would be nice to fix some of these. There is nothing more unrealistic looking than upside down decals on an aircraft.
              Something about those stars. I have no idea why it is so hard to get them right but I see them upside down so often!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                Mine has just left Chicago International and should be in Canada somewhere by now. After reading about T-Cat's T-33 and now this, I guess it's too late to get them to turn around and go back?
                LOL, hopefully yours is pristine. I thought Freewing was supposed to send out "new" looking aircraft, not used. Maybe mine was flown during testing and there is a numerical identification plate on it like a collector car. I have the limited edition paint chips, paint runs, upside down decals, canopy gunk, and power everything.

I'm kidding.... I'm kidding . Seriously though, I hope mine was rare, and everyone else's is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Something about those stars. I have no idea why it is so hard to get them right but I see them upside down so often!
                  I have had that star issue for multiple aircraft now and it really is irritating. The worst was on my F-14. BOTH sides of the nose stars was upside down. Those were massive decals and virtually the first thing a person looks at. People constantly said, "you know those stars are upside down, right?", and I would joke with them saying, "Yesssssssss......I'm fully aware of that. Thank you for bringing it to my attention againnnnnnn". LOL

Comment

LOL, hopefully yours is pristine. I thought Freewing was supposed to send out "new" looking aircraft, not used. Maybe mine was flown during testing and there is a numerical identification plate on it like a collector car.

I'm kidding.... I'm kidding . Seriously though, I hope mine was rare, and everyone else's is great.
                    I'm going to photo document all the parts after they come out of the box and post it up. Good or bad, I think it will be a useful exercise.
                    PS, you would think that the "star", being one of the emblems on a Chinese (aka: Russian) military aircraft, they would know right side up from upside down.

Comment

• Ha-ha, exactly, and after all these years the same upside down decals still occur on new aircraft (I know it is probably new employees installing them, but still).

Comment

• I suppose it can happen anywhere .......................................
                        The team of our London thought that it would be cool if we turned well-known brand logos inside out, upside down and then analysed what comes out. Now you’re probably in that WTF mode, I know, but take a breath and prepare to laugh, because the results are pretty impressive. This technique is called graphorism.

Comment

• LOL, the Livassa decal was funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Here you go (USAF aircraft, locations on GAF aircraft are different, see post #246 for different nomenclature)
                            http://tailormadedecals.com.v150678....icStencils.PDF
                            thanks alot.

Comment

• My new hi-vis scheme. Older eyes need all the help they can get!

Comment

Just noticed one downside to factory-applied decals. Note the emblem at the rear of the fuselage - the star is upside down!

Confession: When finishing up my Phoenix Model 91" A-26, with well over a grand invested, I'd measured and fretted over the wing insignia placement, then 5 seconds after laying it down, I realized that I'd put the star-n-bar on the bottom wing on backwards. I was soooooo angry at myself for that goof.!!!!
                                ---
                                Warbirder

Comment

• Yeah, we have a guy in our club who did the same thing (on the fuselage). We told him he could leave it as is, but he had to fly inverted at all times....

Comment

• Mine finally arrived! My Unboxing and Assembly

Comment

Ha-ha, exactly, and after all these years the same upside down decals still occur on new aircraft (I know it is probably new employees installing them, but still).
                                      The thing is, if you opened up your brand new toaster oven and it had a dent and paint was missing from it you'd return it and get another, here you're just expected to shrug your shoulders and accept it.

Comment

• And this costs at least double of what a toaster over would cost...

That said T Cat is doing the right thing.

Comment

• Thanks for the T-33 Stencils!!! Great job. Since they are "OUT OF STOCK" you will have to wait for the second shipment to get yours. I removed all of the Blue Box stuff and ribbons and plugged every thing into the receiver using Y extensions and everything is now working as they should. Ready to range test and maiden, but winter rains and ice has arrived here in the Texas Panhandle.Mt paint and decals appear perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                          X