Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew with better weather and CG further aft, what a difference!
    Plane flying much better, video coming in short, editing right now! ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	124016828_10224873956941308_4370359105639025445_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ZJOB1ON79RYAX9AUGLK&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.xx&oh=25aa5870abdbef396f32d621fe5fad9a&oe=5FCCC04E.jpg
Views:	880
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	284922Click image for larger version

Name:	124499647_10224873999582374_5925497825421292825_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ElK1WB3Z-lkAX_kekze&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.xx&oh=f9152090b34bc709f00cc468c150ce6f&oe=5FCE80AE.jpg
Views:	837
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	284923

Comment

• Thank you very much! I´ve ordered my JAS-39 Gripen today. I was the third last "lucky man". Now she is sold out!!!
      Your 3D work for the T-33 and now for the Gripen is fabulous. Keep in contact!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Great paint jobs! Here you go, I've added a hole to the center section to clear the axle and make it an easy fit to the wheel. Please note, that it's based on pics I found showing the Czech C model.

Name:	IMG_4150.jpg
Views:	1071
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	284915
        Thank you very much! I´ve ordered my JAS-39 Gripen today. I was the third last "lucky man". Now she is sold out!!!
        Your 3D work for the T-33 and now for the Gripen is fabulous. Keep in contact!

Comment

• Fresh flights!

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
            Fresh flights!

Where is your CG on these flights?

Comment

• Do-it-yourself afterburner on my Gripen. Cost of components comes to around US$25.

Comment

• Sounds like tipping over was a problem airguardian had on his 3rd flight, which is too bad as I was gonna suggest maybe flipping the nose gear around to try and get some more weight aft without adding anything. Another thought is a full load out and maybe adding weight to the drop tanks. Really impressed with mine, does not look or feel like foam!! Still struggling on what paint to do.

Comment

• Yep, Alpha also advised against reversing the nose LG position on the streams.
                  It can be done, but should be treated with extreme care.

Eventually I may consider it but not for now. There are other more obvious ways to exploit first (lighter battery packs, full span split-elevons, heavier EDF, LED afterburner, ordnance...).

Originally posted by kallend View Post
                  Where is your CG on these flights?
                  The two flights with lighter packs (760g) was like 15-20mm aft of CG molded lines.
                  The two with heavier packs (870g), which are the ones where ordnance is used, were slightly ahead of that.

In both cases the 130g of tail ballast was there and in both cases the jet was still nose-heavy.

Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                  Here you go, I've added a hole to the center section to clear the axle and make it an easy fit to the wheel.
                  Thank you very much!

Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                  I think you have experience with the Eagle Tree Guardian?
                  Aye!
                  Not using that one on the Gripen at the time though.
                  Used the Guardian on EF nozzles, Su-35 nozzles and F-18 stabs + rudders. That's my Guardian experience in a nutshell. :)

Wouldn't be so difficult and seeing as this jet seems to need weight in the ass end the 2 extra servos aren't really a penalty.
                  Agree... will likely end up going that route myself.

​​Thanks Sandro.
                  Jandro, actually. ;)
                  (Sounds like Han-dro)
                  (No offense taken!)

Comment

• My plane is ready for its first flight. I added 56 g of lead to the tail to get CG near 130mm. Roaring Top 4400 70c batt (680 g), Eagle A3 Pro gyo on elevons only, canards in pitch only.

Comment

• Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Great paint jobs! Here you go, I've added a hole to the center section to clear the axle and make it an easy fit to the wheel. Please note, that it's based on pics I found showing the Czech C model.

Name:	IMG_4150.jpg
Views:	1071
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	284915
                        Did you post the .stl file anywhere? if so, I'm not seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Did you post the .stl file anywhere? if so, I'm not seeing it.
                          Another try. Sorry!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Another try. Sorry!
                            Thanks.

Comment

• Jandro, actually. ;)
                              (Sounds like Han-dro)
                              (No offense taken!)[/QUOTE]

So sorry Jandro, I knew your name (and how to pronounce it even!) but must of had a senior moment. Thanks for your gracious correction.
                              Tom

Comment

• A video showing the second flight of my Gripen, powered by an 8s Wemotec Midi Fan Evo 80mm, HET 700-60-1865kV motor, 120A ESC, 2x 4s 4500mAh 25C Lipos (800g in total). 3d printed nozzle with 65mm exit diameter, 80g tail ballast.
                                Sorry for the poor quality, Headcam video. Conditions: 8 deg C, wet and sticky grass...

Frank

Comment

A video showing the second flight of my Gripen, powered by an 8s Wemotec Midi Fan Evo 80mm, HET 700-60-1865kV motor, 120A ESC, 2x 4s 4500mAh 25C Lipos (800g in total). 3d printed nozzle with 65mm exit diameter, 80g tail ballast.
                                  Sorry for the poor quality, Headcam video. Conditions: 8 deg C, wet and sticky grass...

Frank

Hello Frank,
                                  your Gripen sounds very good and is really fast. Congratulations!!! Nice clip!!!

Comment

A video showing the second flight of my Gripen, powered by an 8s Wemotec Midi Fan Evo 80mm, HET 700-60-1865kV motor, 120A ESC, 2x 4s 4500mAh 25C
                                    Very nice!
                                    Packs a punch compared to stock setup... have a spare 80mm WeMo lying around, may as well mimic your setup, hehehe!
                                    Great flight time too!

Could you please post pictures of your battery placement?
                                    What's your CG with this setup?

Comment

• What's the amp draw at peak voltage on your 8S setup with the Wemo fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Very nice!
                                        Packs a punch compared to stock setup... have a spare 80mm WeMo lying around, may as well mimic your setup, hehehe!
                                        Great flight time too!

Could you please post pictures of your battery placement?
                                        What's your CG with this setup?
                                        Thanks! Will the older Wemotec housing fit into the Gripen without foam shaving? The new one is a perfect replacement.
                                        The CG is around 132mm.

Name:	IMG_4173.jpg
Views:	818
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	285283Click image for larger version

Name:	Drehen von IMG_4174.jpg
Views:	809
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	285284

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post
                                          What's the amp draw at peak voltage on your 8S setup with the Wemo fan?
                                          Here is the graph showing the Amp draw of that flight.

Name:	Gripen 2nd flight graph_ I only_ 2020-11-10.jpg
Views:	1043
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	285286

Comment

Working...
                                          X