Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks!

Comment

• We are all grounded here in the UK until the lockdown is lifted so I finally got round to finishing my Freewing Mig 21 which is the artf version with FMS 3270 2000kv 80mm edf and fan unit with a modified colour scheme which should give me good visibility, (photo attached ) In the meantime its back to finishing the SU35 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200414_130044[1].jpg
Views:	1053
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	249057

Comment

• paulrkytek you've done a beautiful job on her. Well Done, Sir. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• thanks Elbee, I fly off short grass and have put a mesh guard on the inside of the cheater fan, hence the additional side and top air intake to compensate for the reduced area

Comment

• Hello,

I have a question about the Mig 21 Powerversions please: There are two versions one with the 3658-1860KV in-runner motor and 130A ESC and one with 3658-1857kV brushless in-runner motor and 100A ESC. So what is the best choice????? Thx for answering my question😊

Comment

• Originally posted by JASTA View Post
              Hello,

I have a question about the Mig 21 Powerversions please: There are two versions one with the 3658-1860KV in-runner motor and 130A ESC and one with 3658-1857kV brushless in-runner motor and 100A ESC. So what is the best choice????? Thx for answering my question😊
              I haven't tried them yet but a friend has... the 12 blade 1857 works amazing in the L-39! It should do great in the Mig-21 as well!
              Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Repainted my MiG-21... Romanian camo with Czech livery. I've been reading this thread for actual measurements for the toned down aileron throws, does anyone have a specific measurement and where to measure it at? Also, in regards to CG of this jet, is the 265mm good? Measure CG with drop tanks on or off? My A-4 CG changes drastically with tanks and missiles on is why I'm asking about this one. Also gear up or down? I've seen so many different answers on this...🤷‍♂️ thanks guys!!! Maiden is this Saturday. 🤞🤞🤞
                Attached Files

Comment

• RC30Flyer Great looking repaint on that MiG and nice stable. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Working on a new camo for my Mig21, the first wing is done. The camo is based on the one which was used post 1973. Hope it will look nice when flying, especially with the afterburner on...
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200503_182052.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	252998Click image for larger version

Name:	20200502_211843.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	252999Click image for larger version

Name:	20200501_155714.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	253000

Comment

• That looks awesome! Did you cut stencils out from paper??

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post
                        Working on a new camo for my Mig21, the first wing is done. The camo is based on the one which was used post 1973. Hope it will look nice when flying, especially with the afterburner on.]
                        JW, Knowing your work and seeing these new pictures, I believe it will look great. Super job. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyMac! View Post
                          That looks awesome! Did you cut stencils out from paper??
                          Hi HockeyMac! Yes the stencils are made out of paper, I cut them out and put them to the right place a little wet, so they stick in place and are easy to remove again!

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone has put electric brakes on their Mig-21, and if so, which set did you use?
                            My potential flying has relatively steep drop-offs at each end of the runway, which I'd prefer not to use to stress-test the landing gear.

At least until my flying skills get better...

Comment

• JP brakes are heavy, but work well and easy to install. Just match their main wheel diameter to our stock main wheel diameter. The brakes aren't individually addressable, though, so if there is any adverse lag between the two mains brakes activating, then the model may twist toward the wheel with more resistance at that moment. But in practice, in my experience it's not enough of an effect to flip over a jet.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief58D View Post
                                Just wondering if anyone has put electric brakes on their Mig-21, and if so, which set did you use?
                                My potential flying has relatively steep drop-offs at each end of the runway, which I'd prefer not to use to stress-test the landing gear.

At least until my flying skills get better...
                                To add to what Alpha said, along with wheel diameter also check the axle diameter of the brake kit you're looking at. Running off the end of runway is rarely a good thing. I've messed up the nose hear on my FW 90mm F-104 and FW F-14 running off the end into rough grass. Brakes would have prevented this. Regardless of our experience mistakes do happen. Most of us have been chewing food a very long time and are very experienced at it but on occasion we still bite our tongues or cheeks,,,,,,

Comment

• True!!!!

Comment

• To add to what Alpha said, along with wheel diameter also check the axle diameter of the brake kit you're looking at. Running off the end of runway is rarely a good thing. I've messed up the nose hear on my FW 90mm F-104 and FW F-14 running off the end into rough grass. Brakes would have prevented this. Regardless of our experience mistakes do happen. Most of us have been chewing food a very long time and are very experienced at it but on occasion we still bite our tongues or cheeks,,,,,,
                                    LOL - good analogy - amazing how often hot pizza seems to lead to mandibular discomfort in so many ways!!

Alpha & Beeg - Appreciate the info on the JP brakes -
                                    I'm upgrading to the new high power inrunner fan/motor, so hopefully I'll have the power available to offset brakes...and LED AB lights..and probably a few other good-idea building delays before it flies for the first time...

Comment

• WEAPONS -
                                      Could anyone recommend a good weapons set from another aircraft that would work okay with the Mig-21?
                                      Doesn't have to be an exact replica for the Mig-21 - looks pretty good is good enough!!

I found some files on Thingiverse for rocket pods & rails (on the list- just need to get my printer up & running), but wasn't able to locate much else in the way of 3DP files for this aircraft.
                                      Open to suggestions if anyone knows of any other weapons 3DP files anywhere.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief58D View Post
                                        WEAPONS -
                                        Could anyone recommend a good weapons set from another aircraft that would work okay with the Mig-21?
                                        Doesn't have to be an exact replica for the Mig-21 - looks pretty good is good enough!!

I found some files on Thingiverse for rocket pods & rails (on the list- just need to get my printer up & running), but wasn't able to locate much else in the way of 3DP files for this aircraft.
                                        Open to suggestions if anyone knows of any other weapons 3DP files anywhere.

Thanks!
                                        So try to finf UB-16 rocket launchers.- 3d print and Im flying with them
                                        Also R-60 rocket is still active on inner or outer pylons.

Comment

• Today tail cam shots:

Tail cam works perfect:

Comment

Working...
                                          X