Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also have another question for you guys. I have a few EDF's and fly them pretty well. This one being a "delta" wing...what is the difference in flight? Anything I should be aware of? I have tried looking it up but all references lead me to the Wing planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post
      Ok guys help..I picked up the Mig , was unable to test servo's because they have this odd 1 yellow wire only, so I put it together, popped a receiver in it to set my servo's..and bam! The left elevator servo snaps into the fuse far enough to rip the clevis out ..it's stuck, no movement. I take it out and it's solid junk....anyone replace this one before? Is it like some of the other freewings where the servo has a 2 or 3 inch line that goes into the long connector or do I have to rewire the darn thing through the fuse ?
      sorry to hear that happening to you, i just replaced all my ARF Freewing servos that came with the mig with FMS Predator 9gram metal gears.

To make implementation easy i just cut all the servo wiring and just used the leads that are accessible to re-solder to the new FMS servos.

As for the wing type i set mine up using standard delta wing configuration no gyro doesnt need it flies hands off

good luck

Comment

• Why as a delta which is elevons (elevon A and elevon B and rudder) and not as a standard aileron/ elevator/ rudder setup? With delta you plug one elevon in aileron, the other in elevator and pulling elevator on the transmitter causes both elevon to go up (or down). Then you would have to do a mix to the Migs elevator servo. Odd way to do it.

Originally posted by tengarang View Post
        As for the wing type i set mine up using standard delta wing configuration...

Comment

• Wow guys, this thing flew great, just a couple of clicks of up trim on elevator, no aileron trim needed, I wasn't to sure if I should do this maiden on a windy day but after some thought and thinking, it's just a Mig I thought why not, went for it and got four flights with no issues. This thing handled the wind no problem and landings are a thing of beauty, I used full flaps, I know not a good idea in the wind, but I wanted to see how it handled it and it was very smooth, I didn't like the no flap landings, full flaps was way better for me, just kind of hung there waiting for the runway to come to it, not like most jets where we plop them down on the runway, this one is a little different for sure. It's also to shiny for my liking, this thing looks like a flying piece of silver tin, so I weathered it after the four flights, just a quick job for now to dull it a little, now it's a dirty Mig.

These pics are before I weathered it up a little.;)

Comment

• Now I really don't get the difference in flight characteristics...lmao

Comment

• While this has a delta wing it also has an empennage, a tail with elevators. If it was a pure delta wing without you use the delta wing configuration in your radio but with elevators (and flaps, true deltas don't have flaps) but if it has elevators you need a regular airplane set up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                Wow guys, this thing flew great, just a couple of clicks of up trim on.. ... ..

Outstanding !!! Great Flyer for sure !

What cg did you use for your flight ?? Many different views on this ... Thanks and Cheers !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Outstanding !!! Great Flyer for sure !

What cg did you use for your flight ?? Many different views on this ... Thanks and Cheers !!!
                  Yeah, it is a great flyer I can say that much, I like a jet that rotates like the real thing, tuck the gear away and fly off, flying around gets kind of boring for me, I like to do touch and goes or approaches, this one looks great coming in nose high with flaps down, touches down nicely, really scale. I used the recommended CG first flight, I liked it there but moved the battery back each flight and didn't like the way it feels so on the last flight I went back to the 265mm mark and that is where I like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    Why as a delta which is elevons (elevon A and elevon B and rudder) and not as a standard aileron/ elevator/ rudder setup? With delta you plug one elevon in aileron, the other in elevator and pulling elevator on the transmitter causes both elevon to go up (or down). Then you would have to do a mix to the Migs elevator servo. Odd way to do it.

didnt have to mix anything i did it the way you have described.

Comment

• Awesomeness DC !! Enjoy your Jet !! She's Sleek and Quick ... Ain't She ?? Hahahaha Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        While this has a delta wing it also has an empennage, a tail with elevators. If it was a pure delta wing without you use the delta wing configuration in your radio but with elevators (and flaps, true deltas don't have flaps) but if it has elevators you need a regular airplane set up.
                        Exactly. I know some setup the F-14 with elevons when the wings are swept but I can't see why one would want an elevon setup on the Mig as it has ailerons, flaps, and elevators. Mine flies great with a regular setup. But hey, to all their own.

Comment

• Mine is set up the regular way as well, no need to make it more complicated in my opinion. I did move my linkages in a hole on the servo side, it is very smooth. I noticed others using a gyro, I didn't see know need for one myself, it did bounce around like any other jet but I was suprised how well it performed with full flaps and the windy conditions.

Comment

Now I really don't get the difference in flight characteristics...lmao
                            It is incredibly easy to fly. It looks a lil hard to handle but it is not. Just make sure that your aileron throw is not very high. It will spin like a top!! but on landing it is super easy! The elevator is really responsive and will help it slow down really nicely. Have you seen my videos? The last ones I have done with the gyro have been really easy! Full flap landings and take offs are a blast! But here take a look at what I do...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

It is incredibly easy to fly. It looks a lil hard to handle but it is not. Just make sure that your aileron throw is not very high. It will spin like a top!! but on landing it is super easy! The elevator is really responsive and will help it slow down really nicely. Have you seen my videos? The last ones I have done with the gyro have been really easy! Full flap landings and take offs are a blast! But here take a look at what I do...

Appreciate it man. Is that the thing? Delta wings are easy to fly just don't tip stall into corners? I have a DX8 so I set my throws at 80% 65% and 50% with 25% expo on everything and put it on a three way toggle..I usually leave the rudder at 100% but put 10% expo on it. Waiting on the elevator servo from motion before I can get it in the air.

Comment

Appreciate it man. Is that the thing? Delta wings are easy to fly just don't tip stall into corners? I have a DX8 so I set my throws at 80% 65% and 50% with 25% expo on everything and put it on a three way toggle..I usually leave the rudder at 100% but put 10% expo on it. Waiting on the elevator servo from motion before I can get it in the air.
                                Mine doesn't stall at all!!! I can yank the elevator as hard as I want and nothing happens! Its just don't let it sink too fast on landing and keep the aileron throw from going wacko. It is a pretty easy plane to fly otherwise! The gyro does help a ton too though! I would suggest getting one of those as well. LemonRX, Admiral or Hobby Eagle A3L
                                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I use the spectrum 636 in almost everything..freakin incredible without dipswitches or trying to program them. Spent some time doing panel work today..you guys make some bad ass planes out of these EDFs. Inspired me a little. Have not got to the dark fade colors yet but it's coming along while I wait for a servo...lol

Comment

• i just love the new spectrum receivers, been using them almost exclusively now , and loving the AS3x.
                                    mig is gonna get the same treatment soon although the as3x is not needed at all in this model.

Comment

I use the spectrum 636 in almost everything..freakin incredible without dipswitches or trying to program them. Spent some time doing panel work today..you guys make some bad ass planes out of these EDFs. Inspired me a little. Have not got to the dark fade colors yet but it's coming along while I wait for a servo...lol
                                      the 636 is what i use the most as well. Never had any issues with this receiver no matter what field i fly at (3 different fields). once setup properly these are top of the line, and ill equip them with the satellite for some added insurance although i never had a failure without one either.

Comment

• This thing is fast out the box... Wings covered in aluminun with rivet details. K13 missiles are made with estes rockets and the fire!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• I saw a fight of mig 21s flying over my kinder garden classroom back in 1976.. They looked so shiny... Soo i dicided to make mine a Cuban Mig
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X