Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have this plane as well in the same color blue and gray. This is becoming my favorite jet other than the stinger90. It is going to take one heck of a jet to beat that one!

Comment

• This mig is ready to fly. I'm happy with how it turned out. Maiden soon, then our clubs warbird on the 24th. I'm excited.

Comment

• She looks awesome! Nice job!
        Pat

Comment

• Very well done. It looks great!

Comment

• So, I got to looking at the MiG the other night with the A-10 control board in hand, and it is going to take some serious modification to make this work. The battery/radio compartment is an island in the middle of the duct, so to do it right, I am either going to have to cut the belly off, or cut the spine off so that I can create the holding boxes for the ribbon connector ends, streamlined so they do not disturb the airflow through the plane. The only other option that I can see, is to take some 22 gauge wire, and extend the ribbon connectors so they go all the way down the spine and out where the leads are now. I am not sure if this will affect the signal or not at that length though. I guess I am going to give that a shot first. I can always order new ribbons cheap if it diminishes the signal. More to come....

Comment

• So I got four flights in on my MiG this weekend after replacing the flap servos that oddly failed after 30-something flights, one right after the other.

I do have a request for motion though:
              Please lengthen the wires for the spare parts servos from 22" to 36", I had to get foot-long extensions to make them work. And for some odd reason the "reverse" servo I got could not use the same servo head that the prior "reverse" flap servo had used before, so I used the ones that came with it. It was slightly different so now my flaps have different travels.
              Thanks! :)

Comment

• i have had to replace a aileron servo and flap servo's both jittered badly they must be cheap, only had about 12 flights

Comment

• For me I think it's due to Florida's high heat, but I'm not sure.

At least she's back up and hauling the mail, but I did notice high heat/humidity days rob it of 100 feet of vertical performance on the bad days

Comment

• I was thinking of adding some lights to this, but it appears all the pins on the freewing circuit board for lights have been cut back? Has anyone been able to get lights working off of this board?

Comment

• I flew mine a couple times after not flying it for about a month! It is still a blast to fly! Just a pain to transport!!!
                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• So I had an idea for the MRC gang that designed the jet and I'd like to bounce it off of y'all;

While the current wing is excellent for slow flight, I notice how it limits the jet to top end speed and wanting the jet to be faster, I was wondering if MRC could develop a wing set with a thinner airfoil to allow it to cut through the air and boost the speed?

Or would there be structural concerns with that occuring since the wing is foam and making it thinner could increase stresses potentially

Comment

• My Mig-21 flight at NEFI compliments of Captain Mike!

Comment

• I have had this done since February, but I thought I would post a pic of the North Vietnamese camo. I like how it turned out, but like the way it flies even better. Did the maiden in 15 mph gusting, but it was exactly up and down the runway! :-) Love the plane! The downwind passes were fast! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              I have had this done since February, but I thought I would post a pic of the North Vietnamese camo. I like how it turned out, but like the way it flies even better. Did the maiden in 15 mph gusting, but it was exactly up and down the runway! :-) Love the plane! The downwind passes were fast! LOL
                              Very nice! That's a lot of detailed work. Did you paint it or is it decaled?

Comment

• I painted it!! One little patch at a time. LOL Thank you so much! It took about two days of work a while, have a beer, repeat as necessary!! I used Tamiya acrylics and an airbrush.

Comment

I painted it!! One little patch at a time. LOL Thank you so much! It took about two days of work a while, have a beer, repeat as necessary!! I used Tamiya acrylics and an airbrush.
                                  My hat's off to ya! Great job!!!

Comment

I have had this done since February, but I thought I would post a pic of the North Vietnamese camo. I like how it turned out, but like the way it flies even better. Did the maiden in 15 mph gusting, but it was exactly up and down the runway! :-) Love the plane! The downwind passes were fast! LOL
                                    looks great, I wonder why this plane gets so many custom schemes? Probably because so many are available I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaumer View Post

looks great, I wonder why this plane gets so many custom schemes? Probably because so many are available I suppose.
                                      Introduced in 1959 and used by 60 countries and in production practically for- ev- er.....
                                      you could purchase one if you had a couple hundred thousand and a good mechanic! :Silly:
                                      There was one parked with the gen aviation planes at Rickenbacker for a few months, I saw it four times a day!

Comment

• Just finished assembling my Mig-21. What expo settings are you guys using? Manual calls for none but I know at least the ailerons will need some.

Comment

• I'm flying mine on low rates with 30% expo on everything.

Comment

Working...
                                          X