Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is an FMS 3270-KV2000 inrunner that is lighter than the Freewing 1800KV. But it has a plastic shell with 2 raised ribs around it,just grind them down with a Dremel or something handy.It is shorter also which makes it easier to fit.The mount on the FMS is just fore or aft a tad..no problem to mount at all.

Comment

• Forgot to mention that the FMS front cone has to be reduced a bit on the OD to make fitment better..don't ask if it has more getty-up ...I like to tinker ...too chicken to fly an EDF

Comment

• FMS motor paperwork says 25.0v 98A 3200g........I think that's good,but they always give their EDF's glory

Comment

• 4Stripes from RCG tried one of the FMS units in his and said the Freewing setup that comes with the Mig gives better performance
          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Here's the maiden flight of a club-mate's MiG-21 from yesterday. The initial bounce at the beginning was because I pulled up hard on the elevator to get it off the ground, and when I relaxed it, it dipped because it was way, way out of trim. I was almost at the abort part of the runway anyway so you can imagine that my heart was racing. Once we got it trimmed out, it flew great. Lands nice and easy.

Comment

• has anyone got more info or first hand experience of the fms set up, i need more power than the fw set can deliver and i want to fly with the tanks on but they suck any of the performance it does have, i wish i knew the mig was as slow as it is before i purchased it, i think i would have changed my mind and gone for the f18 or su35

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0485.JPG
Views:	687
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	77387 This is my second Mig. Picked it up in Fla from Doug V of the now famous owl videos. Besides the funky blue and tan camo scheme, I added an afterburner and a set of wireless nav lights. These lights are bright and have multiple settings ( strobe, slow blink, solid) Rechargable.

Ready to fly.

Hawk
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0485.JPG
Views:	687
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	77387 This is my second Mig. Picked it up in Fla from Doug V of the now famous owl videos. Besides the funky blue and tan camo scheme, I added an afterburner and a set of wireless nav lights. These lights are bright and have multiple settings ( strobe, slow blink, solid) Rechargable.

Ready to fly.

Hawk
                  Nice one Dave! Did you have it shipped, or did you go over to Weston?

Ill have to to stop in there again some time to see those guys fly. Stopped in there last year but they wer not there.

Comment

• Met Doug V at his house. Packed it up except I took wings with me on the plane home.
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I love that blue tan scheme. Grats, looks awesome imho.

Comment

• I just received the silver version today and have a question. One of the first instructions is to remove the cheater plate to gain access to the wing wiring. My plate seems to be firmly glued into place, even after removing the screw, it seems very secure, has anyone else ran into this problem? I don't want to force it and tear something up.

Comment

• Take a sharp blade and carefully run it under the plastic edges. I had to do this as well (and again later to glue back in one of the wire covers), and it worked just fine. Even if you scuff up the foam a little, the plate will still go back on over it and you won't see it.

PS - Welcome to HobbySquawk!
                          Pat

Comment

• Thanks so much, I'll give that a try

Comment

• What do you think fellas? I've got a lot of work left to do, but I like where this is headed. I hadn't seen anyone with an East German scheme yet

Comment

• Very nice! I like the color combination. You can't go wrong with the Mig. :Cool:

Comment

• You mean like this one? ;)
                                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                    You mean like this one? ;)
                                    Very similar to that one!

Comment

• I got mine in last night. Got the blue scheme for now, but once she gets a few scuffs, I plan to repaint it. You guys have some great schemes on the thread, I love them all!! I also ordered the A-10 control board and plan to mod it so the wings will be removable with the ribbon cable connectors for that "Sure lock" feel. I am going to get the wind under her wings on Saturday(6/10) and see what this brute can do!!

Comment

• Excellent! Good idea on the A-10 wing connectors. Keep us posted. :Cool:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20170608_180435.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	80357Click image for larger version

Name:	20170608_180452.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	80356 I got the connector pack in today. The MiG is already built, so I am gonna do the maiden tomorrow. Should it survive, I will do the mod through the week and take pics for you guys!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X