X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
    I've bought too many planes already this year.

Not possible ;)
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Lol. :)

Comment

• There is a little voice now saying "you need the Mig too".

Comment

• Yeah, since August I've purchased this Mig, Ta-152, Tigercat, two Bearcats, F-14, F-15, F-16, F-104 90mm, another F-5, and the upgraded Me-262. Finally had to start hanging planes from the ceiling in the garage! LOL
          Pat

Comment

• Wow Pat! You have been busy. That is quite the fleet in such a short time.

Comment

• Yeah, MRC put a serious dent in my bank account late last year! :)
              Pat

Comment

• Oops, just ordered the upgraded 8S Yak-130. :)
                Pat

Comment

• Oops? Yeah right... LOL

Comment

• Lots of good flights with the mig at Apollo this past weekend...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Well my friend wanted to test some new settings on his camera by tracking my MiG, but for some reason the video quality isn't that great.
                      Anywho, here is me throwing the MiG around for a DBF demo.

Comment

• Are you running the stock power in that MIG?
                        I'm impressed with the performance, and you fly it very scale like. That vertical!

Comment

• She's totally stock with an Admiral 5000 mAh and an AR8000 on a DX9.

She's a totally fun flyer and I'm glad I got it to replace my LX MiG-29. I can actually fly it hard without worry of shedding a wing or blowing something apart now :)

Comment

• I thought I would do my review thanks for reading and hope this helps all!!

Mig 21 review and build

Received the plane in great shape from UPS that is a great start for sure.

As usual packaged in a clam shell foam core . That is actually nice for them to do so well protected.

this plane is gorgeous in that plastic glaring back almost do not want to fly it ... NOT!

The build

So the first thing they want you to do is remove the intake cheater cover off. Then glue the tail end of the fuse to the main body . So they supply a wire with a hook on it this is used to pull the elevator to the battery bay. This is also used for the wing connector wires as well.

Install the carbon spars threw the fuse then install The wings. They get screwed on at this point pull all wires threw the fuse. Their is two clear plastic pieces (this made me wounder what it was for ) well they fit on the sides of the inner fuse and covers over the wing wires. You glue that in place 1 for each side. This is used to stop any air flow loss. Now use the long wire and pull all wing wires to the battery compartment. I used the bread ties to make the wires neater in the plane yes zip ties work to (hay these were free!) Now re glue the cheater cover back on I used the supplied glue.

Now screw on the elevators and hook the pushrods up and that is were I got my first glitch. On mine the pushrods were actually to long on both sides. As you realise to long is not an issue but to short and that's a problem. I just straightened out the z-bend and used my z-bender and fixed it simple as honey.

Next was install the rudder then pull wire to the nose with the rod again. use 4 screws to fasten this down.

Now glue the pylons to the wings and wing fence, antenna ,plastic part F-G and fin. On the carbon rod , antenna ,nose cone I choose to not glue them on for storage and transporting they will break I now it.

Radio setup

Elevator, ailerons and rudder are all identical
                            Low 50 expo 30-50
                            Med 72 expo 30-50
                            High 100 expo 30-50
                            Flaps
                            Put the flap servo speed to 4-5 second delay
                            Take off flaps 30% up elevator 10% up
                            Landing 45-50% up elevator 15% up
                            The idea is to not have to use any up elevator on landings. You want to come in high alpha at a 45 degree attitude. You only need to use throttle and ailerons possible rudder but not elevator until you flair. If you start falling use throttle if you rise decrease throttle that simple.

Flight

I will add this once the weather corporates with me to do so so stay tuned!

PROS

this plane went to gether fairly nicely with some glitches

the over all look is fantastic

I like not having the gear doors on this just another thing that can go wrong so that's cool for me.

CONNS

This is the first time I have some real issues they are minor just need to be brought up.

I know the wings are small but once you put the wings on and glue the plastic pieces in the fuse the wing can never be taken off. (remedy I will bye some servo wire connectors m/f and cut the wires at the wing attachment points and that will fix it) .( ADMSERVCONNSET)

On mine I had to do some rebending on both elevator pushrods (not a big issue just saying)

Overview

Other then the small issues this plane is fantastic and once the weather breaks this baby is going mach2!!! OK what ever it will do is fine .

I think this is a sure beauty and will keep you up to date

Comment

• A little eye candy.... Just having fun experimenting.

Comment

• I know I asked on RCG, but can I assume you're using some kind of powder ejection like you are working on for the A-10?
                                Pat

Comment

• That looks awesome!

Comment

• You are warm Pat... I hope to debut a functional version at NEFI.

Thanks Ryan.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                      You are warm Pat... I hope to debut a functional version at NEFI.

Thanks Ryan.
                                      Now don't tease us..........cause when I meet up with you at NEFI the first thing out of my yap will be show me that AB Dude LOL
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Now don't tease us..........cause when I meet up with you at NEFI the first thing out of my yap will be show me that AB Dude LOL
                                        I definitely hope to be able to do that.

Comment

• what programmer can I use to change the setting on the esc, I have two flights on mine and it seems under powered, will the inrunner that freewing sell make it any quicker?. I fly from grass and it takes forever to get to flying speed and when in the air it does not seem to get going and the new nano tech 5000 only get two mins and have 26% left is this correct? I have had a 90mm stinger from the same grass and it went like a rocket so I was expecting the same sort of performance.

Comment

Working...
                                          X