Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for sharing, GBLynden! I wish you'd post more often!

I appreciate hearing the aircraft without excessively loud music.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• FMS 70mm F-18 chasing the 80mm Mig-21

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Comment

• Mike one of the guys on our field converted this MIG 21 into a turbine.

Comment

• Did a test flight recently , The CG was on the small horizontal slots just behind the 265mm mark indicated in the manual. Right after takeoff it dipped dangerously . Through out the flight i had to use full up trim and full flaps. The first photo is how it was configured through the full flight. . What could be the reason? , shall i move the battery back ?. I was using nantotech 4200 6 cell pack just about in the middle of the tray.

Is it required to be flown with some uptrim on the elevator at all times?

Comment

• I kept moving my CG back a little at a time until I found a comfortable spot. It ended up right in the middle of the hump (circled in black) along the side of the fuse, which is the wheel well for the retracts on the full size bird. The red line is where my CG is at currently.
              Pat

Comment

• Cheers! , what's the mm mark from the LE. for that red line ?
                Thanks

Comment

• It's actually right on 265mm as per the manual. But if you look at the picture in the manual, it's not at that spot, so it's a little misleading. But 265mm is right where you want to be for the CG.
                  Pat

Comment

• Mine also flys well at 265mm. Any one flying with a less "power hungry" set up? My turnigy 5000 HD 60c batts get hotter than in my avanti or my eurofighter. Mig is heavier of course. If i can trade 12 blade sound for better efficiency i would. Wondering how the 80mm a-10 9 edf would work. Stock mig mtr is 12 blade 3530-1800kv. A-10 stk is 9 blade 3530-1900.
                    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Moved back the CG to 275mm. Love how it rides the glide slope in High Alpha.

Comment

• This jet is a *****cat in the air, thanks Alpha and Motion

Comment

• I just compleeted two more custom Mig-21’s. The green nose is my buddy Tom Mansell’s

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                            Mine also flys well at 265mm. Any one flying with a less "power hungry" set up? My turnigy 5000 HD 60c batts get hotter than in my avanti or my eurofighter. Mig is heavier of course. If i can trade 12 blade sound for better efficiency i would. Wondering how the 80mm a-10 9 edf would work. Stock mig mtr is 12 blade 3530-1800kv. A-10 stk is 9 blade 3530-1900.
                            I fly mine with the FMS 80mm 12 blade with 2000kv inrunner. I get about 5 mins flight time with my Turnigy Heavy duty 5000 packs. The FMS set up is quite a bit lighter than the stock unit, makes more thrust with less amps at half throttle and makes a lil more thrust at full throttle. It sounds good too! Here is a video of me flying mine if you have missed them from earlier.

I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Thanks gooniac, thats what i was looking for. Will get one on the way. Timing is perfect because the wife just went on an amazon spree. Yes honey i do need a new fan for the mig....did you need the shoes and make up? (Click goes the land mine....)
                              Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

Comment

Thanks gooniac, thats what i was looking for. Will get one on the way. Timing is perfect because the wife just went on an amazon spree. Yes honey i do need a new fan for the mig....did you need the shoes and make up? (Click goes the land mine....)
                                Sounds like an even exchange to me!! LOL Get it while you can and then she makes you feel bad for reminding her of her deeds...LOL I also wanted to note that even when flying hard the 5000packs come down barely even warm. The fan combo only pulls about 85-90amps at full throttle. And since you don't need as much throttle with this unit as stock you will be much easier on the battery.

Comment

• Thanks gooniac on the advice. Recieved fms 80mm 2000kv edf two days ago( they even gave me a spare fan as a gift). Flew it stock saturday so i could make a good comparison. Had to remove some foam to get access hatch to fit right(soldering iron made quick work of it). Moved battery back to keep my cg. Going to move tray back as battery tiedown now misses end of my hk turn 5000hd. Sunday.. Take off was shorter (30ish feet). Seemed faster straight and level. Flew my normal routine with it 3:45 on timer. 4 flights.Upon landing battery was barely warm. Only used 2500-2700mah out of batts.(before it would be 3600-4000 used and batts were quite warm , 120 ish degrees.

Comment

Thanks gooniac on the advice. Recieved fms 80mm 2000kv edf two days ago( they even gave me a spare fan as a gift). Flew it stock saturday so i could make a good comparison. Had to remove some foam to get access hatch to fit right(soldering iron made quick work of it). Moved battery back to keep my cg. Going to move tray back as battery tiedown now misses end of my hk turn 5000hd. Sunday.. Take off was shorter (30ish feet). Seemed faster straight and level. Flew my normal routine with it 3:45 on timer. 4 flights.Upon landing battery was barely warm. Only used 2500-2700mah out of batts.(before it would be 3600-4000 used and batts were quite warm , 120 ish degrees.
                                    There ya go!! Its a different animal now!! I really like the upgrade! It it better in all ways possible!! Glad I could help!

Comment

• I'm looking for a front landing gear assembly, or just the servo, ( motion is out of stock) . Anyone got a parts plane laying around?

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaumer View Post
                                        I'm looking for a front landing gear assembly, or just the servo, ( motion is out of stock) . Anyone got a parts plane laying around?
                                        To be clear, are you looking for just the electric retract, or something else? If you just need the retract, they have it in stock, but only 1 left!

Electronic Nose Gear Retract with 4.1mm Shaft Type BClick here to view special instructions to prevent jammed retract pins. Note: These retracts are used on the T-45's sold before July 2019 Specifications: Body material: plastic Trunion material: metal Strut diameter: rotating shaft pin is 4.1mm in diameter This retrac
                                        Pat

Comment

• thanks Pat!

Comment

Working...
                                          X