Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use this on almost every warbird and EDF. Full throws on everything, and then 45% Aileron, 60-65 Elevator, depends on the airframe, and 20% rudder, unless the ground handling is very sensitive, then go up from there, It works for me. Some guys say the elevator is too mushy in the corners, but you don't stall the tail with up stick.... And if you want to go crazy, or need more up, just pull!!! LOL

Comment

• Hey fellas, was out out the field today ( grass ) and had an extremely difficult time getting this into the air, are you guys half full or no flapping this thing into the air? I've had it up before, but had a nice headwind, today was calm and it felt glued to the ground. Field is well manicured and smooth, another pilot with the Meteor and A10 has no problem getting up though.

Comment

• On the Mig-21 thread on RCG I saw where someone added some small block's of wood under the nose gear mounting flanges to give it a little more positive incidence. They claim it makes a difference getting off of grass. You might want to look into it. I use half flaps and yes it takes a good distance to get airborne.

Comment

• Even on a paved runway with half flaps, I have had to give her a hard bump of up elevator to break the nose wheel off the ground.... And it is not nose heavy at all. CG is spot on...

Comment

• How fast do you think the MIG is? My buddy thinks it is the fastest 80mm he has seen so far on a stock setup... I was flying in 15 mph plus from the north, so the downwind passes were smoking!!

Comment

• not as fast as you may think my stinger 90 was way faster I doubt the mig was near 90 mph mine wont get up speed unless its in a dive

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                How fast do you think the MIG is? My buddy thinks it is the fastest 80mm he has seen so far on a stock setup... I was flying in 15 mph plus from the north, so the downwind passes were smoking!!
                Well over 100mph. Not sure what happened with the guy above but it is in the 110mph range easy. It is super quick!
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• She's definitely quick but I think the F-5 might have it beat, just because she's a smaller framed girl ;)
                  Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

• If any one is interested in getting to know the fishbed better from the pilots seat what better way than through a flight simulator when your not at the airfield.
                    I have found that the DCS simulator a great way to become more familiar with a particular aircraft's capabilities and limitations with out risking your own RC plane.
                    DCS is free to download and it includes an Su-25T and TF-51D. But additional aircraft can be bought and added and one of which is the Mig-21bis.
                    The main reason I am mentioning it now is because there is currently a 50% off summer sale going on till July 24.
                    So if you have a PC that meets the minimum requirements specs I highly recommend it.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...ules/mig21bis/

Comment

• Got the opportunity to see my first Freewing Mig-21 up close and in the sky. Here's a video of it.

Comment

• Good morning to all,
                        I order my Mig21 today (will take some time to arrive) and it´s seems dificult to disassemble the wings for a easier transportation (it´s really very dificult to disassemble?); so i´m planning to use a MPX conector (cutting the servo wires) and conect both sides inside the fuselage (opening the window below the plane , where is possible to acess the ESC, conect the wires and close everytime)...my question is if it´s possible to pass the conector throug the fuselage hole normally where the servos wire are inserted?
                        I can also glue the MPX conector on the fuselage and on the wing but specially the wing servos, will need to be cut very short and honestly i don´t want in case something wron i´ll need to change the servos.
                        Thank you guys!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• unless you are carrying it on a motor bike the wings will be the least of your problems its not very wide at all, the length will be the problem(never thought I would ever say that in public:)

Comment

• Originally posted by jay bennett View Post
                            unless you are carrying it on a motor bike the wings will be the least of your problems its not very wide at all, the length will be the problem(never thought I would ever say that in public:)
                            :):):)
                            It´s not a motor bike but my car is so small that is almost a Harley ....
                            Regarding the length , no big deal actually, the jet will go in the passanger seat as usual..

Wings still a concern.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                              On the Mig-21 thread on RCG I saw where someone added some small block's of wood under the nose gear mounting flanges to give it a little more positive incidence. They claim it makes a difference getting off of grass. You might want to look into it. I use half flaps and yes it takes a good distance to get airborne.
                              For anyone having difficulty on grass fields I can attest to the effectiveness of this method. I printed up some shims on a 3d printer, at about 5mm thick, which increased the incidence about 1 degree. It created no issues with the gear operation, and I took off in about half the distance of my previous best effort under similar conditions. You do need to get some longer screws, #4 x 3/4" phillips flat heads did the trick.

Not that it's any great feat of engineering, but if anyone is interested in the .stl file for 3D printing, drop me a private message.

Comment

• Here`s a couple of picts of my Mig and my buddies. Mine is the one with polish markings. Both fly extremely well especially for an 80 yr old like me. I slipped in a pict of the tail flash from my old unit the 180th Fighter wing

Comment

• Comment

• I feel the Mig 21 is underpowered... has anyone done a power upgrade to this airplane what did you do and what were the results?

Comment

• Welocome to HS Jet10! Nice weathering job on the Mig!

Did you program your throttle endpoints into the ESC? I find that the Mig has more than enough power stock, and is one of my faster jets.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Yes I did... as long as I did it correctly

Comment

• Radio on, throttle to full, plug in lipo, immediately after first beeps move throttle to off.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X