Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stand corrected on the rate settings...it sure is % vice degrees. So, does someone have the high and low rates in % ?
    I am also going to try the measurement method as suggested...Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by darmokjt View Post
      I stand corrected on the rate settings...it sure is % vice degrees. So, does someone have the high and low rates in % ?
      I am also going to try the measurement method as suggested...Thanks!
      You should really ditch the whole "does anyone have ....................... ?". % throw will vary from one model of Spektrum to another and even from any model TX to another of the same model. This is made even more useless when you consider that the starting point for a servo arm from one plane to another of the same plane may not be the same. Also, if your control surfaces are just a little warped compared to another plane, such numbers are meaningless. When I did my set up using mm for the published high/low rates, I have since changed those after I flew the plane. Most people tend to modify their control throws to suit their own impressions of how the plane flies for them. It's just as inane and pointless to ask what expo do people use? Flaps? I don't even use the book values anymore. I just "eye ball" it for take off flaps and landing flaps and after I do a few touch and goes, those get changed again. Same goes for elevator compensation for flaps. Some use it, others don't. The "paint by numbers" technique doesn't apply in this game.
      Set it up the best you can using the mm measurement way and according to the "book". That's why they put that in manuals and NOT % or degrees. You'll likely change those after first and second flight anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by darmokjt View Post
        F-86 80mm Aileron, Flaps, Elevator, and Rudder low and high rate settings. Users manual, page 13 table has them in millimeters. Does someone have these in degrees for use with Spectrum radios like my DX8, G2? I used trigonometry, and for the ailerons, I calculated 15 degrees for low and 25 degrees for high. Also want to verify my trig method is accurate.
        Don't use trig. Use a protractor and a ruler and draw a right triangle. Base is equal to chord of surface; vertical is equal to mm of throw given in the book, protractor gives the degrees of angle. However, don't use the degree figure in your Tx....you will have hardly any throw at all.

Comment

• Comment

• Excellent looking alternate scheme there Elbert!

Comment

• TE, Nicely done and a fitting tribute. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Well done! Never saw that scheme before.

Comment

• Great and unique paint scheme!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• If I ever get my hands on one, here's the way I'd go.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DCS_2018-07-10_22-30-52-27.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	319936

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman56 and James, I don't know if you guys saw the caption in the photo about the gentleman holding the plane. It's Cliff Higgins, a former F86 pilot holding T-Elbert's yellow Sabre, the Montana Air National Guard target tug scheme that Cliff flew. I stepped out of the photo but had the honor of talking with him a little about the F86. He said of all of the planes that he's flown that the Sabre was his favorite.

Grossman, I'd have to say that the stock paint scheme on smokey days was difficult to see sometimes even with the yellow. I think that scheme would look great, the red outer wing and tail on that Canadian livery would be an excellent contrast to the silver. The silver is even better camouflage in a grey sky than base grey I think.

At the end of this flying season I hope to convert mine to a Navy Fury paint scheme and probably add an afterburner.

Comment

• Flew 3 flights with this one today, completely happy with the performance I got out of it completely stock

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                          Flew 3 flights with this one today, completely happy with the performance I got out of it completely stock
                          Hello

Ok, but which version are you flying!

Grts Hans

I'm waiting for the high performance in Eu

Comment

• It is the HP version.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                              Grossman56 and James, I don't know if you guys saw the caption in the photo about the gentleman holding the plane. It's Cliff Higgins, a former F86 pilot holding T-Elbert's yellow Sabre, the Montana Air National Guard target tug scheme that Cliff flew. I stepped out of the photo but had the honor of talking with him a little about the F86. He said of all of the planes that he's flown that the Sabre was his favorite.

Grossman, I'd have to say that the stock paint scheme on smokey days was difficult to see sometimes even with the yellow. I think that scheme would look great, the red outer wing and tail on that Canadian livery would be an excellent contrast to the silver. The silver is even better camouflage in a grey sky than base grey I think.

At the end of this flying season I hope to convert mine to a Navy Fury paint scheme and probably add an afterburner.
                              I know exactly what you're saying!
                              All my silver airplanes have been sitting and waiting for the smoke to clear as they just disappear in the atmosphere!
                              Even the Royal Blue Bearcat can be fun at times. Today the air finally looks better so possibly tomorrow I can get the likes of the Tigercat back up, sure looking forward to that. In the mean time, the RV-8 and the Spitfire have been keeping me sane.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman56 I've been taking my weekends during the week, so I went out and flew today, we had blue sky! I flew my Arrows Bearcat, though I'd love to get the FL one with the Blue Angel's scheme, your Bearcat looks fantastic. When I do eventually get the Flightline Bearcat, I will turn the Arrows into Beetle Bomb. I think the Bearcat and the Tigercat are my favorite Navy prop planes.

Have you seen any of the Wyoming Air National Guard planes? Click image for larger version

Name:	4OXO4GHNCFPMNLSG5AIXEMLMN4.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	321455Click image for larger version

Name:	100713-F-JZ025-359.jpeg
Views:	550
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	321456Click image for larger version

Name:	20210808_140127.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	321457

Comment

• Hallo, Grüße aus Deutschland.habe mir die F86 zugelegt.motor 3530-1680kv und 80A Regler für 6s. Will sie mit einem stärkeren Impeller ausrüsten. Welcher wäre da der beste. Vielen Danke für Eure Hilfe.karl-heinz

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomcat1950 View Post
                                    Hallo, Grüße aus Deutschland.habe mir die F86 zugelegt.motor 3530-1680kv und 80A Regler für 6s. Will sie mit einem stärkeren Impeller ausrüsten. Welcher wäre da der beste. Vielen Danke für Eure Hilfe.karl-heinz
                                    https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp

TC, Willkommen bei Hobby Squawk. Wenn Sie diesen Link zu Motion RC überprüfen, wird die "High Performance"-Version aufgelistet. Ich würde vorschlagen, dass Sie dies als Richtlinie für ein leistungsfähigeres Upgrade für Ihre F-86 EDF verwenden. Viele Grüße, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here is the Canadian version that I did on my F/W -86. Callie supplied decals. Got tired of the same old USAF color scheme. Used rattle can chrome paint -- looks great except shows finger prints even weeks after curing. Click image for larger version  Name:	RCAF F865.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	322457

Comment

• Hi All,

I am having a bit of trouble with the nose gear of my F - 86. On the ground, all the retracts operate just fine. However, in flight the nose wheel will not come down and so I have to belly land the plane on the grass. I pick up the plane and all the retracts work fine. The plane flies great otherwise. Suggestions?

Carlos G.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlos G View Post
                                          Hi All,

I am having a bit of trouble with the nose gear of my F - 86. On the ground, all the retracts operate just fine. However, in flight the nose wheel will not come down and so I have to belly land the plane on the grass. I pick up the plane and all the retracts work fine. The plane flies great otherwise. Suggestions?

Carlos G.
                                          When you pick it up to check, do you hold it the same way it is when flying or do you turn it upside down so you can see them working? Try putting the plane on a plane stand right side up and hang the front over the edge of the table. Or have someone else hold over you and you lay on the ground looking up at it. See if there is something that moves a certain way inside the retract cavity that might get in the way of the retract coming back down. Also a retract may have a problem coming back down if it's bent in such a way that a part of it presses up against the surface of the cylindrical portion of the retract. This prevents it from completing its full closing cycle and hitting the end switch. This locks the retract. You may find that if you bend the strut forward back to the perpendicular position, it won't hang up anymore. Repeated landings may bend the retract back.

Comment

Working...
                                          X