Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Johnson, man at the right time in history.
    Credited for numerous pivotal designs.

Painting invasion stripes on mine, big job.
    -Brad

Comment

• Laid the white base paint, flat Krylon and blue painters tape -no problem. Pucker factor off the scale as I was removing the tape. The factory olive paint is very durable.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Strips finished
        Attached Files

Comment

• Looks nice!

Comment

• Thanks, my Top Flite P47 is olive with invasion strips, really helps visually when flying. Beside those stripes signify victory.

Comment

• Yes indeed! On both counts!

Comment

• All push rods installed and initial adjustments made, servos cycled for six minutes all good so far. Lights identified and proper location in circuit module noted.
                connecting outboard flaps per manual causes them to travel more than inboard flaps. Anyone have this issue?
                Tomorow I will address this and remedy.
                going to maiden this Saturday. Click image for larger version

Name:	01046B69-A490-4A59-AA45-CE48A82CF46B.jpeg
Views:	591
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	152600

Comment

• Hi iampilot2,
                  The flaps on my P-38 (and my F7F for that matter) vary between 1-4mm across the span and I haven't noticed anything detrimental over the past ~3 years. Personally I'm comfortable if the inboard flaps are mirrored close enough to each other and the outboard flaps are mirrored close enough to each other. Only if both flaps on the same wing were noticeably different deflections that the two flaps on the other wing would I be wary. In that case I'd make adjustments to the servo linkages mechanically to get them back to flight-safe.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by iampilot2 View Post
                      Strips finished
                      Looks awesome! You do very nice work! Can't wait to see the finished product!:p38

Comment

• Well weather in Ohio was not right for maiden. So today I took my time programming radio and cycling motor batteries. Thrust is impressive. Balancing three blade props can make one nutty but got them very close.
                        Yet to place all the decals. Haven’t really looked very close at the quality on ones supplied with kit.
                        I used Cali decals (Snafu) on my 1/8 scale gasser P47 and were very pleased with quality. Click image for larger version

Name:	1653CC2F-6BBB-42AE-BC8F-03D6EFC0D51D.jpeg
Views:	495
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	152926

Comment

• Yeah, don't bother with those more of a pain than they are worth she looks great as well

Comment

• Thanks All

Comment

• Wasn't feeling too well today so I decided to play.....! Original photo was Ryan@Motion from Pg 78. Hope you don't mind..... Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3290-7.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	153676Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3290-3.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	153677Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3290-6.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	153678Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3290-4.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	153679Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3290-5.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	153680Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3290-2.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	153681

Comment

• Nice, thanks for pics

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I'm looking at adding a muli engine to my fleet. What are everyone's views on selection between F7F or P38??
                                  Gary

Comment

• They both fly great, but the F7F flies easier, is lighter on the wing, and seems to get better flight time.
                                    Pat

Comment

• +1 on the F7F, it is a nicer plane.

Comment

• I love my F7F, but really enjoy the P-38. I must admit I find myself flying the F7F more than the 38. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either one!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          They both fly great, but the F7F flies easier, is lighter on the wing, and seems to get better flight time.
                                          +1 Totally concur with Pat
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X