Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some awesome stuff here boys. Grats on all the successful maidens. Hopefully I might be able to get one of these soon, but in the meantime I'm enjoying everyone's reports, and especially the vids. Cheers fellas.

Ps: the onboards in my RC films are all with mobius cameras as well plane crazy. It's an excellent little camera, and you can access all the parameters in Windows using the setup-Exe file. I highly recommend the mobius, gives great 1080 pics and you can adjust the frame rate up to 60 fps.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Nice flights, is that near the welcome center?
      Sort of. It's kinda hidden off of Boulder Beach Campground Road. I had looked for it before, while riding the Lake (hence my screen name) but never found it. I've lived here 30 years, and had to Google Earth to find it. Easy to get to once you know where to look...
      I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
      ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

• This is a very nice bird, My 1st. flight will be tomorrow. Flightline could take some tips from FMS!

Comment

• Did some more work on mine
          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Here are some pictures to help with locating CG
            Brandon Moon

Comment

• Here are some more pictures with two different AOI pilots for scale comparison and optional choices
              Brandon Moon

Comment

• That's beautiful work, Brandon! I may have to get some of those struts and wheels, very scale looking!
                I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

• Nice job with madden. I am still working on mine. Got the wheels replaced finally after struggling with a stripped set screw. These kinds of things really irritate me. The mesh worked well. I got the heat adhesive kind form Amazon. Apply a little heat with a hair dryer, please in place and it holds. I am now trying to figure out where the instructions for the decals are in the manual. Does any one know where they are? If so, please direct me.

Comment

• Phoenix, the instructions for the decals are on the back of one of the detail sheets with the decals. It shows the plan from the top, right, and left side with the associated numbers for the decals. Do read the decals. There area. Few mistakes. If you read the decals it will make sense. Remember to keep Left and Right straight. It can get confusing once you are 30 minutes or so into applying the decals.
                    FLTRI, Great looking maiden and second flight. I got 3 flights in on Saturday. Like you said, it's a real kitten to fly. Landings are so predictable. Once you are setup and trimmed on final the plane settles in beautifully for landing.

Comment

• Nice struts, Brandon!

FLTRI, you're coming to Apollo this weekend, right?
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Good to see ya back Brandon! Nice mods as usual!
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Some excellent work there Brandon!
                          The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                            Nice struts, Brandon!
                            I bet you say that to all the boys with a nice p38!!! ;)

Awesome as usual Brandon. LOVE the stripes. I want one lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

I bet you say that to all the boys with a nice p38!!! ;)

Awesome as usual Brandon. LOVE the stripes. I want one lol.
                              Same! :cool::shy:
                              The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                                Here are some pictures to help with locating CG

Excellent!
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I had the same problem with the set screws. Try a little heat and see if you can work it off. I managed to get mine off this way.

Comment

• Posting this again for the guys who have not yet added their decals. This will point out the mistakes on the placement chart.

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                    For those of you who have not yet added the generic decals (all the small print stuff), there are several mistakes on the Decal Position chart as follows:

Decal #1 is correct for the wingtips, but where it says use #1 for the inboard wing panels near the nacelles, use #35 instead (both sides).

The sheet shows using six of the #26 decal (gas fill). Obviously, the Stars & Bars are covering the gas cap on the starboard wing, so you can't put one there. Besides, there are only 5 of these decals anyway.

On the outer portion of the port nacelle, it says use decal #22. That should actually be #23.

On the port boom it says use decal #24. Should be #25.

Also, it should be noted that these stencils are like vinyl decals. Pull the entire decal from the sheet, number and all. Place the decal on the plane, and rub down over the stencil only. Then peel away the clear plastic and just the stencil should remain. Using something like an Xacto knife here helps a lot.
                                    Pat

Comment

• Finished mine last night. Last things were balance props and put on the big decals. Not bothering with the tiny ones. I just want it to fly it and not so concerned about authenticity. It balances perfectly at 70mm with 2 Admiral Pros 3600mah - surprised they fit and the canopy sits flush. Will have to see if I'll need weight for my 2 Turnigy HD 3000mah. Hope wind dies down before weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneCrazy View Post

TI...............I bow to your wisdom................I looked at the gear on the bird itself and now have had to order another left strut............confusing............but once again you are right.............!!!!! :) Thanks for sticking with me on this........Andy

The pictures on the parts page are transposed.
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• It's nice to see that the 1:8 Aces of Iron pilot will work!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X