X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rtwatkins View Post
    Parts to start my P-38 FPV project came the other day :) going to modify this extra canopy to mount the camera and transmitter rigging. it looks like there will be enough room to even house the battery under the forward section in front of the dash.

I can't wait to see how this works, very interested.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      Good mounting methods! As for the spinners, I haven't had a problem with mine but I tend to check them once every few flights. Getting the popcorn out for the FPV mod there rtwatkins!
      I currently don't have a means to record from FPV, but I'll post a video once everything is mounted to show how it works. And, of course, you will get to go on a flight when we have our meet & fly Aros :P

Comment

I currently don't have a means to record from FPV, but I'll post a video once everything is mounted to show how it works. And, of course, you will get to go on a flight when we have our meet & fly Aros :P
        Just a thought ................... Did you know that a Mobius HD cam can be used as an FPV cam. You can get adapters that hook into the USB port and goes to the FPV system. You can also get a complete FPV mount from HobbyKing that takes a Mobius. Once hooked up, it runs like an FPV unit but like all Mobius, it can record at the push of those buttons. I have such a set up ready to go but I lost interest in FPV. One day, I'll get it all working. Mine is a FatShark with Immersion OSD.

Comment

SWEET! :)
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
            Just a thought ................... Did you know that a Mobius HD cam can be used as an FPV cam. You can get adapters that hook into the USB port and goes to the FPV system. You can also get a complete FPV mount from HobbyKing that takes a Mobius. Once hooked up, it runs like an FPV unit but like all Mobius, it can record at the push of those buttons. I have such a set up ready to go but I lost interest in FPV. One day, I'll get it all working. Mine is a FatShark with Immersion OSD.

I've used a mobius and a gopro before, but the picture is laggy. not a big deal for some applications (like multirotor camera rigs) but when you're relying on it to fly... it's a bit nicer to see a stall as it's happening, then to have it happen a moment or two before you see it on camera ;) especially on things like landings. That's were CMOS and the like really come in.

Comment

• Won't be this elaborate of a setup, but this will give you an idea of the goal ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=984tPA7k3yg

Comment

Won't be this elaborate of a setup, but this will give you an idea of the goal ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=984tPA7k3yg
                That was probable the coolest R/C video I've ever seen! Ever...
                I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

• Originally posted by FLTRI View Post

That was probable the coolest R/C video I've ever seen! Ever...

Absolutely!
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I didn't know about the lag with the Mobius.
                    That's the perfect FPV set up. I wish I had head tracking.

Comment

• I saw this one about a year ago here on the Squawk and it still is amazing!!
                      I hope you all checked out the events section regarding the AMA NEFI Fly In. We're trying to get a bunch of us together to meet up there and do some flying, anyone into it? Let me know

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• that was a cool vid, smile and laugh the whole time :cool:
                        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Yeah that video is bananas! That is the ultimate dream as far as onboard video goes. Amazing!
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• It's official. My P-38 will not fit into my VW Golf whole. One wingtip has to come off. Oh well. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                              It's official. My P-38 will not fit into my VW Golf whole. One wingtip has to come off. Oh well. :(
                              I haul mine in this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150527_221448788_iOS.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	37588

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• That video has set a new bar for me in my FPV planes. Already have the pan/tilt, camera, googles. Just need to put it in a scale cockpit and add pilot arms. I really like that.

Comment

• A little known P-38 fact.

This is not widely known, but in the spring of 1943 the British experimented with attaching a Spitfire to the starboard boom of the P-38. The logic was to use the P-38's extended range with the drop tanks. Once enemy fighters were encountered, the Spitfire was detached from the Lightning, basically doubling the amount of Allied fighters in the air. It also allowed both planes to return to base with the available onboard fuel. The plan was eventually abandoned, as the Spitfire had to detach without its engine running, and then start it while gliding, and rapidly losing altitude.

Pic attached.
                                  I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                                  ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

• I never knew that! That would have been quite the sight.

Just flew Sortie #12. Flies every bit as good as I assumed she would. Never gets old controlling a P-38 on the sticks.

I did do another check of the spinner screws and lo and behold, both were very loose! So thanks to those who mentioned the spinners today...I could have been the next victim!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Work on " Little Pig " is now officially on hold. She now has most of her colors. All of the large graphics are mounted.
                                      What's left now are a lot of the small maintenance decals, panel lines cockpit detailing, pilot switch out and weathering........should she survive SEFF.

Woody

Attached Files

Comment

• TiredIron. I have to take both wings off to get my P-39 into my 2007 Mustang. It's worth every minute.

Comment

• Here's a few photos of Evelyn's P-38J in the 'Factory Fresh' scheme to pay tribute to the Women's Airforce Service Pilots.

I still need to rack the gear, add the Robart wheels, tail numbers, female pilot figure, wire antenna and final details. I did not add the engine inlet screen, since the real 38's did not have them. Once complete, I'll get going on my allied green "special" scheme.

Comment

Working...
                                          X