You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Nexa 1870mm DHC-6 Twin Otter Canadian Yellow (Balsa ARF) Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e123hpes View Post
    Hello. Anyone have any suggestions for the reciever(preferrably spektrum)?
    You can't go wrong with an AR630, AR631, or an AR637T Anyone of these work very well. I have the AR637T in mine

Comment

• Originally posted by Kazanski View Post
      Hi! Anyone know who have the yellow floats in stock?
      No, but if you find them, let me know!

Comment

Nope. I’m still waiting and checking periodically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denniswpb View Post

No, but if you find them, let me know!

Just got an Email that the floats are in stock at Motion

Comment

Just got an Email that the floats are in stock at Motion

Comment

• Has anyone fitted the floats yet? I have a set from Motion but have yet to fit them.

Comment

• Not yet, but I plan on putting them on in the next few days. I'd like to fly it at Joe Nall

Comment

Not yet, but I plan on putting them on in the next few days. I'd like to fly it at Joe Nall
                  Great. Did you receive fitting instructions in the kit? I received mine last year but only just got around to fitting them and unsure whether I have lost the manual and possibly other parts which are shown on the Motion page but not contained in the box. Thanks

Comment

• I just opened the box and scanned the instructions that came with it. See attachment. Hope this helps!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I just opened the box and scanned the instructions that came with it. See attachment. Hope this helps!
                      Ah yes it does. Thank you very much. I must have mislaid mine!

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20240515_132614.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	403371 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240515_132640.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	403372 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240515_143436.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.2 KB ID:	403373 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240515_143530.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	403374 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240515_132614.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	403359 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240515_132640.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	403360 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240515_143436.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.2 KB ID:	403362 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240515_143530.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	403363 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240515_143516.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	403364 I just started assembling the floats for the Twin Otter, so I can fly it on the lake tomorrow and Friday at Joe Nall. I was a bit surprised when looking at the 4 aluminum supports, and then page 3 of the instructions. These ARE NOT plug and play! For some odd reason, Nexta makes you flatten the ends of the round aluminum float supports that connect the floats together (about 2 CM) and then drill the holes for the self-tapping screws that connect them to the top of the floats.. Okay, that's not too bad, just squeezing them flat in a vice and drilling small holes., no biggie.
                        The 2 aluminum struts that connect to the fuselage are a bit more challenging These two supports are flattened on one end, but not the other end, so you will have to flatten the one end, but then you need to bend the ends to the correct angle to connect to the fuselage and then the end that connects to the float. I guess my issue is why Nexta puts the burden on the end-user to correctly flatten the ends of the tubes, drill the holes, and then bend the ends to the correct angle. One wrong measurement or bend, then it won't be symmetrical. I called MotionRC this morning to ensure I was reading this correctly, and they said that's just how Nexta does it.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20240515_150404.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	403369
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X