Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too true. I don't type a lot on here but have gotten some awesome ideas and advice just reading. I tried the flap setup but dialed the elevator up a little on the 2nd flight. It worked great with the first setup from Grossman but the 2nd at 10/16 now brought it in with the nose up just a hair instead of three point. I like the nose up just a bit.

Comment

• Don't one of you guys work for Flightline or have a direct line to them? If so...how about a Kawasaki Ki-06 in 1400mm or better? FMS put one out that floats like a dream and screams around when you pour the coals on but it's tiny. Flightline's quality would be a dream on this plane and the plans are already out there...just needs to be blown up a little. hint hint??

Comment

• That would be Alpha, there is a couple of threads aimed at him for pilot wish lists. And i have the fms P39 and i know what you mean as that plane showed similar characteristics. But you didnt want to let it get too far out without a telescope LOL:Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kencz View Post
          Spinner prop hubs are out of stock at Motion.
          Mine broke when a single blade made light contact with the pavement on landing. It broke off the surface that the prop bolt bears against.
          I am afraid this may continue to happen since it did not take much to cause the problem.
          Does anyone have a 'work around' using a piece 3 blade prop and a different spinner/hub?
          May need a different prop mounting adapter as well.
          I saw one posted but the links do not work so I am out of luck there.
          Thanks!
          KC
          I’ve had this plane in my possession since October 24th and basically did the same thing you did after 3 mins of maiden flight. I waited a week or so until reverse hand props came back in stock and purchased 2 left hand props. Then the next day or so I discovered both the hubs had broke sitting on bench apparently from minuscule amount of blue loctite wicking between hub and motor shaft. When I tried to order 2 hubs but to my surprise there was only 1 left since that is all I could put in cart. I’m not a happy camper with this situation. About ready to just get regular motor shaft and a 2 blade prop or something that can be had without waiting 3-4 weeks.

Comment

• When you get your replacement hubs try foamtac on the prop bolts instead of loctite there have been many accounts of broken plastic parts due to using loctite around plastic parts. Foamtac is what I have been using and have flown my Tigercat many times including one landing with a slight prop strike and have the original parts with no issues. I check my hubs periodically and they are still good no signs of cracks of any kind.

Comment

• I keep hoping I can get my Tcat maiden in soon after the repairs but the weather is not cooperating. Hopefully before the end of the year I will get it in the air. Just waiting for a decent weather day!

Comment

• Well I took the Tcat out for its maiden after repairs today. It was a rainy day I waited for a break in the rain and it quit raining just long enough for me to get a flight in.:) I took it off and climbed to a safe altitude I had to a few clicks of down elevator, I got about a 4 minute flight and the rain started to return so I put the gear down with a gear check pass and I went with half flaps controlled the decent with throttle and greased on the runway just as the rain started to come down heavy. The pics are a little blurry since I was getting cold and wet.:Rainning: It Flew!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                  Well I took the Tcat out for its maiden after repairs today. It was a rainy day I waited for a break in the rain and it quit raining just long enough for me to get a flight in.:) I took it off and climbed to a safe altitude I had to a few clicks of down elevator, I got about a 4 minute flight and the rain started to return so I put the gear down with a gear check pass and I went with half flaps controlled the decent with throttle and greased on the runway just as the rain started to come down heavy. The pics are a little blurry since I was getting cold and wet.:Rainning: It Flew!!!!
                  Congrats MB! :Cool:
                  Now that the maiden is out of the way, You have all winter to give her a really sweet paint job!

Comment

• I've got a few ideas for the repaint. I'm am so happy that it flew so well.

Comment

• Glad to hear it went so well MB. Congrats!

Comment

• Hey, great to hear MB!! I've been watching to see when the maiden happened, glad the 'Alley Cat" was such a great flyer!!
                        She may look a little rough around the edges, bu she has a heart of gold.

Grosman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Congratulations! Hope you got a feel for how well mannered it is. Now, back to the runway!

Comment

• NICE MB!!! Good Job man.

Woody

Comment

• I'm glad that I rebuilt it. Paint job is next!!! Thanks for the encouragement from everyone. One thing that I did notice on the flight when I went to full throttle there was a buzzing sound I am going to see if I have a cracked hub or prop. I replaced one hub after the crash so the other one might have a hairline crack.

Comment

• Congrats, MB. Been watching and waiting for the re-maiden. Good job! Will continue to watch for the paint job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                  Well I took the Tcat out for its maiden after repairs today. It was a rainy day I waited for a break in the rain and it quit raining just long enough for me to get a flight in.:) I took it off and climbed to a safe altitude I had to a few clicks of down elevator, I got about a 4 minute flight and the rain started to return so I put the gear down with a gear check pass and I went with half flaps controlled the decent with throttle and greased on the runway just as the rain started to come down heavy. The pics are a little blurry since I was getting cold and wet.:Rainning: It Flew!!!!
                                  Very cool!!!! Congrats to you!! So glad she flew. And it flies well!!! Awesome Bro!! Merry Christmas! Jerry

Comment

• Hello MB, your perseverance and attitude are worth....:Cool:

Comment

• Awesome job brother! Those cold wet days really present an extra challenge in the air.:Cool:

Comment

• I’m glad you got the Tigercat back in the air and all went well.

Comment

• I think I found the problem of the buzzing noise on my maiden flight it would only happen at full throttle. When I crashed it the props didn't break but one of the hubs had cracked where the prop blades mount to the hub so I replaced both hubs and went ahead and installed new props for my piece of mind. The pics show where the crack occurred I'm sure glad that the hub didn't come apart in flight, I'll be sure to inspect them before each flight.

Comment

Working...
                                          X