Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone installed the sport power system in the Tcat? How much does it increase the performance over the stock 3 blade system?:Thinking:

Comment

• Try the prop mod before you change motors. I did the zip tie mod on mine and it picked up the peformance a lot

Comment

• One of the reasons I am looking at this sport power system it has a more secure way of attaching the props. I am not a big fan of the one 3mm screw holding the prop on.

Comment

• Originally posted by rcboone2000 View Post
          Try the prop mod before you change motors. I did the zip tie mod on mine and it picked up the peformance a lot
          What exactly is this mod?

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post

What exactly is this mod?
            I second that inquiry.....What is the zip tie mod?:Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post

I second that inquiry.....What is the zip tie mod?:Confused:
              The zip tie mod was something that evolved several years ago on the FMS 1400 Stang spinner but I don't see how it could be applicable on this Tigercat hub. :Thinking::Confused:
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

The zip tie mod was something that evolved several years ago on the FMS 1400 Stang spinner but I don't see how it could be applicable on this Tigercat hub. :Thinking::Confused:
                Thank you Sir!:Cool:
                Was scratchin my head on that one!:Confused:

Comment

• I don't get it I ask a question about the sport power system and the issue goes to a zip tie mod.

Comment

• Originally posted by rcboone2000 View Post
                    This is how I fixed mine also I called motion rc and sent a picture to Derik.I used a washer from the frame side on a trex 450 and a screw long enough to tighten into the motor shaft
                    How has your mod held up on the props

Comment

• WelI saved my pennies and I saved my dimes...
                      so I could buy a brand new —— Tigercat.

Callie and Motion are sending my replacement Cat items, so soon my fleet will be replenished!
                      i’ll make sure that the same gremlins that did in my first Cat don’t rear their evil heads on this one - ALWAYS CHECH THE RIBBON CONNECTION POUNTS ON THE WING!
                      ????

Comment

• Here is a pic of my Tcat fuse after repaint just waiting on some graphics from Callie. After applying the graphics it will get a coat of matte polycrilic. Still have some touch up to do on it yet but its about ready to see the sky again!

Comment

• I just got a flightline P-38. I cant get both motors to turn.
                          help

Comment

• Originally posted by Bat chief View Post
                            I just got a flightline P-38. I cant get both motors to turn.
                            help
                            Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

Do you have both batteries plugged in?
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                              Here is a pic of my Tcat fuse after repaint just waiting on some graphics from Callie. After applying the graphics it will get a coat of matte polycrilic. Still have some touch up to do on it yet but its about ready to see the sky again!
                              That looks really great. So apparently you crashed this one? Can't tell. Are you sure that really happened? ;)
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Yup this is the one I crashed, I had to replace the fuse since there was nothing left from the wings forward. I had to repair the wings they as broke next to the nacelles.

Comment

• One of my flying buddies at the club got one of these for Christmas and maidened it yesterday. It is a sweet flying plane and looks absolutely gorgeous. I got some photos of his maiden. I think I may be smitten;-)

Comment

• Beginning of the mods in the tiger cat. Changing pilot to the park zone T 28 pilot. I like this pilot better since I am going for a Korean war vintage tiger cat and a pilot at that time we’re wearing a hard shelled helmet.

Comment

• Well my repaint is 90% finished will post pics later this week.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                        Well my repaint is 90% finished will post pics later this week.:Cool:
                                        You are such a tease. I guess I will make a pie while I am waiting, then I can sit down and eat it when you post your pictures!
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Here are the pics on the repaint. Its not authentic to any particular unit, just wanted to make it mine. I think it came out pretty nice. I have named this Tcat "Phoenix" since it rose from the ashes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X