Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you! Merry Christmas to you and all the others here.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
      Guys, This is sitting under the X-Mas tree and will be my winter project. Included I have the up-dated L/G, Admiral 4s 3000 batteries. I have the Birdcage Corsair from last X-MAS, how does this fly compared to the Corsair? This is my first twin.
      I want to do some subtle weathering, exhaust stains ect. but have a glossy finish. I used polyacrylic clear on my Corsair and like that finish. Any recommendations for good documentation. I have read all of this thread and searching the net for ideas.

Merry Christmas, Rex

Winter project? The TC can be assembled in a few hours, lol. The TC is basically a trainer, amazing flyer, no bad habits. You will love it.

Comment

• Thanks Tony, glad it is a good flyer. Your right about the assembly, had it all together and radio working in about 3 hours. In the process of adding rivits and a little weathering. Probably be ready to fly at our New Years day club fly. Don't think I can convince the wife I need to order the FMS P-47, they are back in stock. Could just tell her the FED-EX truck brought a package for her.

Happy New Year, Rex

Comment

• Just curious. Can the Tigercat run on 1 4s/5000 battery like the P38?

Comment

• Sure if you have the proper battery adapter. May need nose weight depending on weight.

Comment

• Thanks EvanD.

Comment

• The airplane comes stock with two separate motor/ESC systems, one battery powers one motor the other battery the second motor. You'd need the 'Y' adaptor to join the two ECS's.
                Page 66 post # 1310

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks Grossman56

Comment

• I just picked up a used one this week. I have a pair HRB 4s 4000s I am going to try and fly in this. Is it more common to fly on 4000s or go lighter?

Comment

• Originally posted by StratoJoe View Post
                      I just picked up a used one this week. I have a pair HRB 4s 4000s I am going to try and fly in this. Is it more common to fly on 4000s or go lighter?
                      I fly mine with 4000mAh batteries all the time. If it doesn't already have it, get the upgraded struts! I also recommend connecting the batteries in parallel and let both batteries supply power to both motors equally.

Comment

• That’s a really idea about running them in parallel.

I do believe it has the stock landing gear, however, that should be simple enough to swap out. The one picked up has a custom paint job on the cowling and tail for orientation. The previous owner even attempted their hand had some weathering.

While I know a lot of people pristine plane, however, I am okay with weathering since it feels more authentic for the time period it would have been used in.

Comment

• I usually use 3600's but have on occasion used 4000's, they worked fine.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Definitely run the batteries in parallel. If you loose a motor in flight it could get real ugly. Just try taxiing on one motor, that was enough to convince me!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• I just picked up a New, In Box Flightline F7F Tigercat at a swap meet. It went together smoothly, but... My motors both just set there and beep about once a second. I don't get the 4 initialization beeps, and I don't get any throttle response. I have set the throttle trim all the way down, just in case that was a problem. I rechecked my throttle connections for placement and polarity, and I even tried another receiver, just in case it was a receiver issue.

But no joy. All the controls work with the exception of the throttle.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

• You may want to try reversing the throttle channel, make sure to unplug lipo first. If that doesn't work, try increasing your throttle throws on tx. Also you may need to calibrate the ESC's.
                                Ron - AMA 1025

Comment

• Marke sure your throttle cutoff switch is correct. Next try doing an ESC calibration. There are videos from Motion RC on how to do that, it's easy. Lastly, rebind.

Comment

• How would you go about running the batteries in parallel? I am trying to picture what kind of harness would need.

Comment

How would you go about running the batteries in parallel? I am trying to picture what kind of harness would need.
                                      You would have 4 connectors ( 2 male and 2 female sets) The 2 male connectors plug into the 2 batteries. The black wires (-) get connected together and the red wires get connected together. The 2 female connectors plug into the 2 ESCs. Do the same thing, Black wires together, and red wires together. Now take the 2 black wires from the ESC connectors and solder them to the 2 black wires from the batteries. Do the same for the red wires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parallel Cable.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	401346 Click image for larger version

Name:	Parallel Cable Dwg.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	401345

Comment

• Thanks. That looks cleaner and then what I was thinking of doing.

Comment

Thanks. That looks cleaner and then what I was thinking of doing.
                                          I attached a drawing also!

Comment

Working...
                                          X