Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will do, thankyou and Merry Christmas!
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• I've been in Gatlingburg the last two days with my grand-babies so I had to fly my UMX P-47 to keep my year of daily flying going so when I got home I flew a B-17 and Corsair to get myself dialed in...then I put two new Admiral 4000s in the TigerCat and taxied out to the runway. It's a nice 62 with light cloud cover 5mph winds straight down the runway, after preflight checks I throttled up with no flaps and took off with a nice run-out and scale climb.
      After a couple circuits to trim I played around with a flew rolls and loops, then brought it down with about 10% throttle and half flaps to a perfect landing. It was like I had flown this plane for years, very predictable, very responsive with no surprises.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161223_204724961_iOS.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	55600

I had the timer set for 5:00 and had exactly 75% left on both batteries, I think 7:00 would be safe for scale flying. I got in a total of six flights today and found that I like the no-flap takeoff and half-flap landing the best, I think this is my new favorite flier and will be picking up another for sure.

My CG is set to 71mm with the rear battery all the way forward and the front even with the front of the cockpit cavity.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161223_204811926_iOS.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	55599
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Yes, it has no vices that I've found. A great flyer. Because of the gear delay and the ease of no torque I've gotten into the habit during takeoff of Full power, wait a split second then hit the gear switch, hope it doesn't quit and just after liftoff the gear are coming up. Looks awesome! Probably going to bite me in the butt one day but at least I get to see the gear coming up after takeoff. :D

Comment

• For Alpha - After changing to the new spring loaded struts, the nose gear will not retract fully and the door won't close. Looks like the spring hits on the narrow part of the lower strut. I have seen others are having this same issue. Any ideas for a fix? Thanks. G.

Comment

• Welcome to the Forum Capt G!!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt G View Post
              For Alpha - After changing to the new spring loaded struts, the nose gear will not retract fully and the door won't close. Looks like the spring hits on the narrow part of the lower strut. I have seen others are having this same issue. Any ideas for a fix? Thanks. G.
              Should be live in a while, but I did a short quick and dirty video of of how I fixed mine.
              Yes folks, it really doesn't need them, but it's a nice feature, and they are much easier to swap out than the FlightLineRC P38, but as posted a moment ago, ...

Brandon Moon

Comment

• SWEET!! Great flight Brandon!
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• I too have a noisy knocking type noise coming from my starboard motor. I just completed the bind and tried the motors, No props.
                  I had the same issue with the FL P-38. On the P38, Support had me send video of issue, return motor, wait for as support staff stated it, " bench test " then they sent replacement. On the Tigercat motor issue, support wants defective motor sent back before they will mail replacement. I understand policy and people trying to get a free motor, but reading on these forums, customers are getting replacement motors sent out BEFORE Motion receives bad one.??? I was sent a return label, and Support will send motor once they can track old one.
                  i wasn't thinking before they closed, I should have just bought one, and kept replacement as spare

Regarding the nose gear door springs, mine were missing on both sides and not even installed as noted by no thread marks in screw holes. The Fuselage QC stamp is QC03 in case there are a number of these issues and to help Motion track it back.
                  Motion will send springs and screws with replacement motor.
                  Maiden will by delayed, but soooo looking forward to it

Eddie

Comment

• The nose gear doors don't come with the assist springs like the mains have....that's normal. You'll notice they are not part of the replacement nose gear doors parts, like they are with the mains. I believe this is the way Alpha designed it to be
                    Brandon Moon

Comment

• Here is another video on the upgrade nose strut fix.
                      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                        The nose gear doors don't come with the assist springs like the mains have....that's normal. You'll notice they are not part of the replacement nose gear doors parts, like they are with the mains. I believe this is the way Alpha designed it to be
                        Thanks for the clarification Brandon.
                        Merry Christmas
                        Eddie

Comment

• just got mine together,anybody else have paint problem with there wings? both of mine the paint is blotchy looking like they were running out of paint,both wings on top have light spots in paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                            Here is another video on the upgrade nose strut fix.
                            https://youtu.be/xED1KsNP5vo
                            Great job Brandon, I wonder if we have some size of wheel collar that would work? Anyone coming up with a piece like Brandon suggest, please post.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Great job Brandon, I wonder if we have some size of wheel collar that would work? Anyone coming up with a piece like Brandon suggest, please post.

Grossman56
                              I would suggest stacking up a bunch of washers (about 3.5 to 4mm worth) about the size I showed in the video. they could fairly easily be cut open to fit around the shaft like I showed, Ca them in place, and then grind them down to the outer piston diameter. that would work just like the piece I showed as well.
                              Brandon Moon

Comment

• Sounds good

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• The paint on the wings seems to be odd in layering. I can tell by how the react to Minwax. One wing absorbs much quicker than the other one. The was no variation in application techniques. This is really odd as the wing underside does not react in this manner. I think I can fix with some light sanding with 800 grit paper. Otherwise, she looks good.

Comment

• Strange, I'm tempted to think that its just absorbing more, sort of like dry wood, but you're right its usually more consistent. Mind you, who's to say that one wing was made from the same batch of EPO as the other...

Merry Christmas!!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• FINALLY!!!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Good for you Pete!!
                                        Is that the tail of an F-82 I see?? Now that could be an interesting next Flightline bird!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• I received my e-mail from Motion RC that the new replacement sprung landing gear had arrived. I ordered a set as the runway I would use for this plane is not very smooth and will need these sprung struts,

Unfortunately, on the RC Groups web site it appears that the sprung landing gear has a design problem with the nose wheel. too bad, I would have thought that Motion RC and Freewing would have thoroughly tested these replacement units before releasing them to the public. As I do not have tools or skill set to be able to fix the problem has anyone run across a sprung nose gear that would fit the new F7F plane?

If the nose gear is prone to a design problem hopefully Motion RC and Freewing will be sending out a emplacement nose gear that has been engineered to address the problem with the nose landing gear not closing properly.

Comment

Working...
                                          X