Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-order is back on!

Comment

• Does anyone know what we use for hubs if we upgrade to the 880 kv motors and 2 blade 12x8 props........

Comment

• Probably have to use something like this:
        http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCLPY&P=6

Or some other prop nut. Or you could just use a regular prop nut if you don't mind the look.

Comment

• Good times today with these beauties...
          www.TSHobbies.com
          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• I updated a previous message of mine on this F7F thread and just realized that updates are not brought forward in the thread.

I mentioned that this plane is the finest finished foam RC plane I have ever seen. My plane arrived in perfect condition.

I do have one question though. I remember reading on the Motion RC site that the Flightline planes would have room for a receiver and a gyro unit. I would like to add a gyro unit to my receiver but do not see exactly where it would fit. The only place I see would fit a receiver is aft, next to the second battery board to the rear of the fuselage.
            The build video for this plane, does not show the receiver being placed, where have your mounted your receivers? If some of the owners have also added a gyro where did you place the gyro unit?,

Comment

• My receiver is placed in the blank space aft of the wiring board where the multi-plugs from the wing plug in. It is secured in place with velcro. And to be quite honest, the plane is so stable using a gyro in it would be a waste of money in my opinion.
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                In Honor of our Female and young RC Pilots out there I have Finished my "Pilot Evelyn" FlightLineRC F7F-3 alternate hatch cover
                So...I showed Evelyn her pilot figure tonight and she was so surprised and was just beaming over the detail. She said, "It's looks just like me! That is so cool!"

Thanks Brandon....it's very, very cool! :)

Comment

• Hallo,my name is karl-heinz (from germany )and i am New on this side.i get in few days the tigercat.it is for mehr very. interestid? to read all over this plane.in my hanger Theresa are Differential Modells B17, yak130 90edf, saab gripen edf ,Mig21 edf new, f9 Panther edf, skymaster and more.my englisch is not so good.

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk, Karl.
                    Nice line up of planes you listed.
                    Don't worry about your English you will do fine here. I have found the people on this forum to be both kind and patient.
                    Again welcome.
                    Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
                    R. A. Heinlein

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      My receiver is placed in the blank space aft of the wiring board where the multi-plugs from the wing plug in. It is secured in place with velcro. And to be quite honest, the plane is so stable using a gyro in it would be a waste of money in my opinion.
                      Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that the plane is so stable that gyros are not needed. I have never had a plane of this size before. Last plane (warbird )flown was the FMS 980 P47 which I think is a great plane. Flies a tad fast but it is a real keeper.

As to positioning the receiver, were the cables included with the plane long enough to place the receiver aft of the wiring boards or did you need to get extensions?

Comment

• when i did mine i did not see where throttle hook up was the servo cable was too short so i used a y harness to hook my throttle up.you don,t need to use that board if u don,t want too.can take it out use y harness to hook it all up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonRhone View Post

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that the plane is so stable that gyros are not needed. I have never had a plane of this size before. Last plane (warbird )flown was the FMS 980 P47 which I think is a great plane. Flies a tad fast but it is a real keeper.

As to positioning the receiver, were the cables included with the plane long enough to place the receiver aft of the wiring boards or did you need to get extensions?
                          All cables had enough length, no extensions required. Hopefully the attached pics help.
                          Pat

Comment

All cables had enough length, no extensions required. Hopefully the attached pics help.
                            FWIW, That is exactly how I did mine. Like Pat said, fits perfectly with no extensions needed.

Comment

• So, mine is almost ready to maiden, hopefully Sunday. Just need to install the props. I did the G-142 version. Applied two cats of Varathane, looks awesome. I did make a mistake, I put the small G-142 on the side of the fuselage. It was supposed to go on the nacelles. My mistake, I'm fired. :(
                              But the yellow just pops with the Varathane coating over it. Looks so good I almost don't want to fly it, almost.:shy:

A couple other items of interest; one of the main landing gear doors gets hung up on the tire as its retracting. Does not do it everytime. I filed down the edge of the gear doors to round it a bit, hoping this would allow the door to slide off the tire and not dig into the side of the tire, and get hung up. That seems to have helped a lot. The bad part is I'll never know if it gets hung up in flight, as it will just be too hard to see. I think it will be ok though. The other item is one of the flap servo arms was way off. I presume the servo is glued in, it sure does not want to come out. The supplied control rod was way too short, so I just removed the ball link and put a longer control rod with a z bend and clevis. Flaps work just fine now.

Comment

• Mine does the same thing on the retracts, but only like once in 10 times. I have noticed it in flight on a close fly by though.

Which version of Varathane did you use (Gloss, Semi, Satin, or Matte)?
                                Pat

Comment

• read on another forum someone was having similar problems with their gear hanging up, but only inverted. no problems right side up. were you testing your gear inverted?

Ted

Comment

• Hallo my amerikanischen rc pilots.ich am New of this forum. I World Show you or modell airfi endlich in germany. Mfsv-stleon-rot.de. I wissen you all a very good year 2017 and man good landings. Regards karl-heinz

Comment

Mine does the same thing on the retracts, but only like once in 10 times. I have noticed it in flight on a close fly by though.

Which version of Varathane did you use (Gloss, Semi, Satin, or Matte)?
                                      I used the Gloss Spar Urathane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grauen Wolf View Post
                                        read on another forum someone was having similar problems with their gear hanging up, but only inverted. no problems right side up. were you testing your gear inverted?

Ted
                                        I was testing inverted. Never tried it right side up. I'll try that today.
                                        At first it wasn't hanging up, just rubbing pretty bad. At that time, I was testing one wing at at time. Then I coated everthing with Varathane and then assembled the plane. That is when it got hung up a couple times. It had nothing to do with the Varathane, that I am sure of. After filing the edge, that helped a lot.

Comment

• A little cool out and overcast but fairly calm. It's "Grumman" day again at the field and brought all my "cats" out to play. Having a blast! Thank you Motion!

Comment

Working...
                                          X