First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna look at building an fpv hatch for this

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      Check the fowler flap hinges. Two of mine were barely glued. I guess I got the Friday at 4:30 in China special version... Changed the wheels first thing! Had to do it....
      Yes just don't over glue the one with the linkage. Make sure your ailerons don't bind with the outer flap when deployed. I had to sand a little. Flak bait is coming along!

Comment

• I fixed the two small dings I had on the left side of the fuselage with some Beacon Foam-Filler, sanded, then painted with Tamiya spray paint TS-17 "Gloss Aluminum".
        I masked-off and repainted the two panels in the center of the pic. The color and finish seem to be a perfect match to the adjacent panels.

The lighting in this pic make it look worse than it does in person.... to my eye it looks just as good as the rest of the plane.

You can also see that the fit of the top hatch is pretty poor - I haven't figured that out yet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170810_225539.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.9 KB ID:	92025
        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Well I was glad when the UPS truck delivered my plane (I was surprised at the size of the box) but am sort of disappointed with the hatch that goes over the wing as the magnets on the hatch have come out of the cover and the cover is kicked up at the front I think I will have to add some extra magnets to the front of the cover so it will sit flush. I am happy with the plane and look forward to customizing it along with changing out the "drag strip tires" to a normal style plane wheel.

Comment

• Here's the new nose image...

Click image for larger version

Name:	New_Nose.png
Views:	591
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	92030
            ​​​​​​​
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
              Here's the new nose image...

​​​​​​​
              Sweet, you fixed it! I wonder if rcgeek can do something with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                I fixed the two small dings I had on the left side of the fuselage with some Beacon Foam-Filler, sanded, then painted with Tamiya spray paint TS-17 "Gloss Aluminum".
                I masked-off and repainted the two panels in the center of the pic. The color and finish seem to be a perfect match to the adjacent panels.

The lighting in this pic make it look worse than it does in person.... to my eye it looks just as good as the rest of the plane.

You can also see that the fit of the top hatch is pretty poor - I haven't figured that out yet.

Click image for larger version Name:	20170810_225539.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.9 KB ID:	92025
                Looks good to me, and when the star and bar gets applied won't even be noticable at all

Comment

Here's the new nose image...

​​​​​​​
                  Here's a dumb question - are you cutting off that chunk of foam that's sticking out of the bombardier's position, so you'll have a flat surface to stick the photo onto? :Confused:
                  I'll install mine this evening and take a pic, unless someone else does it first...
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Here's a dumb question - are you cutting off that chunk of foam that's sticking out of the bombardier's position, so you'll have a flat surface to stick the photo onto? :Confused:
                    I'll install mine this evening and take a pic, unless someone else does it first...
                    Yes, I cut it off flush...if you print the image at 100% scale it fits perfect.
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Hey guys - I removed the four wing-mount screws (used an electric drill, it takes only 3,000 revolutions to get them out, I think they're 2 inches long)... anyway the wing would not come off.
                      Is it glued? Have any of you removed the wing? Should I just pull harder and pray that nothing breaks?

Comment

Hey guys - I removed the four wing-mount screws (used an electric drill, it takes only 3,000 revolutions to get them out, I think they're 2 inches long)... anyway the wing would not come off.
                        Is it glued? Have any of you removed the wing? Should I just pull harder and pray that nothing breaks?
                        The paint sticks, just keep working it loose.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Hey guys - I removed the four wing-mount screws (used an electric drill, it takes only 3,000 revolutions to get them out, I think they're 2 inches long)... anyway the wing would not come off.
                          Pull from the back as well.

Comment

• Well I found something I'm alittle worried about. Nylon gear servos for the nose gear steering? You're killin me Smalls!

Comment

• Nose graphic installed...

Name:	20170811_162843534_iOS.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	92081
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Nose graphic installed...

Name:	20170811_162843534_iOS.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	92081
                                So cool!

Comment

• Gear doors...

Name:	20170811_173836323_iOS.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	92113

Name:	20170811_173847891_iOS.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	92114
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Guess I'm the unlucky first b26 fatality.. :(. She seemed too tail heavy even after I checked her,.not even sure what I did wrong. I kept speed up in the turn and then she just snapped over. She was snapping out of loops too. The turn this happened on was not even aggressive at all. Really felt like a hand full in flight. Really scary

Comment

• Wow.... I am really sorry that happened... How was your elevator throw? Did you have any expo in it? Not asking for any reason other than to figure out what happened.... CG was good? Bummer Bro....
                                      I had a Zero that was so touchy even with a bit nose-heavy CG, that if I didn't limit the throws and have 60% expo, it was a snap-a-matic...

Comment

• Might have been the throws. But I never use more than 1/4 stick when I'm doing a shakedown,. It almost crashed on the maiden rotation. It rolled left immediately. All the snapovers were to the left as well

Comment

• That nose mod looks great. :Cool:

Rifleman......sorry about your loss. :(

TIGRB...are you only using one gear door per wheel ?

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X