Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm... Wonder if that didn't contribute to my crash.. I'll have to take it all apart anyway. I hate these kind of crashes where the cause is so well hidden

Comment

• Here's a pic... I've been working this afternoon on a few details:

a) I trimmed the nose and installed that nice bombardier's office picture (see post 405)
      b) I re-painted the OD anti-glare panel in front of the cockpit and also painted the cockpit interior
      c) I re-painted the shirts on the pilots
      d) I added a mustache and wing pin to the pilot (co pilot hasn't started shaving yet)
      e) taa daa

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170812_143029.jpg Views:	2 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	92285
      Attached Files
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
        See the thing is, my wing wasn't sitting down all the way in the TE part of the saddle - there was a gap. As a result the wing cover was sitting up about 1/8 inch.
        Mine has the wing cap sticking up, however, there is no gap between the underside of the wing and the fuse. In my case, cinching down those screws would not pull the wing any closer to the fuse. The lip on the wing cap will still be there. I think the wing cap itself needs to be shaved. I'm not going to bother, just put some Blenderm along the front edge to keep it down. The rear, I'll leave it. I'm not much into cosmetics, only that it flies.

Comment

• Possibly the winner? Check out the up pull on the right side vs left.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Mine had 2 weights in it viper I think I found your weight...

Comment

• What is up with the random weights, or lack of..... That is crazy.... I bet your wing was changing incidence on you in flight,,,

Comment

• Quick question, does the middle wing spare part come with the engine necells? Or is it just the wing portion only?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                  What is up with the random weights, or lack of..... That is crazy.... I bet your wing was changing incidence on you in flight,,,
                  That's really what I was thinking after pulling it apart

Comment

• No weight, 1 weight, 2 weights ................... very strange. I wonder if I just haven't found all of them yet.

Comment

• Indeed

Comment

• Maidened mine today...no weights in mine, CG at 65mm, used flaps taking off and landing, needs plenty of speed before rotation, added up elevator, flew great and landed like a butterfly
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Wonder if my foam was just weak

Comment

• No weights in mine, one of the guns did break loose though.

Comment

• What are those washer like things for? There are 8 of them.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2941.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	92338

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                What are those washer like things for? There are 8 of them.

Name:	IMG_2941.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	92338
                                Props

Comment

• Put one on both sides of each prop

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                    Put one on both sides of each prop
                                    Thanks. Shoulda paid attention during Ryan's video. :Sleeping:

Comment

• My B-26s arrived today. They were supposed to be here on Monday, but earlier is always better.
                                      My bomber buddies were here and we gave it the once over. Too exhausted to start on her today.
                                      The boxes were huge!

No weights in mine.

Bob

Comment

• Really liking this bird once you get the normal Dynam issues resolved.

Name:	IMG_8532.JPG
Views:	501
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	92391
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looks really nice on the grass runway!!! I am glad it flies well for you! I think Rifleman will get his going again too! Those wing mounts were very loose in mine, but not anymore... :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X