X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Hmmm... Wonder if that didn't contribute to my crash.. I'll have to take it all apart anyway. I hate these kind of crashes where the cause is so well hidden
    Interesting thought regarding the wing bolts and your crash. I have a Park Zone Corsair that was flying really nice and but on the last flight the plane was acting really weird in the roll and pitch axis. I got it down and found that one of the wing bolts was missing. I put a new bolt in and she's flying really well again.

All that to say you may be onto something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
      Dynam Twin ESC Calibration
      What's you opinion on calibrating with the trim all the way down or do you do it at zero position?

Comment

• Also found if I took the anchor points and glued them to the bottom of their slots it may make the top panel fit flush. The way they only glued them to the top the anchors lifted causing the wing to sit wrong. Gluing them down everything came out clean. Keep in mind post crash sooo yeah... Figured I would test the theory anyway. When my new parts come in those things are getting 15min epoxy before any load is put on them at all

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

What's you opinion on calibrating with the trim all the way down or do you do it at zero position?
          My throttle trim is down. Depending on the plane when binding I have noticed that the esc won't arm because of the throttle trim. I have been binding and calibrating esc's with down throttle trim for awhile now.

Comment

• Thanks Ryan, that's what I've been doing. I've read some people don't do it that way saying it's not necessary while others say it is to get the full range of the throttle.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	b26.jpeg
Views:	662
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	92551
              This is how I reinforced the wing attachment. I took some 1/8" ply and foam tac it between the wing mount and reinforced with 1/8" ply around the mount.

Comment

• Weathering complete...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170814_195457310_iOS.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	92629

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170814_195508309_iOS.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	92628

TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Super nice Tired Iron!

My decals showed up. I'm not done but they look great.

Comment

• TiredIronGRB Looking really good, but why is your cockpit glass so hard to see thru? Did you do that or the factory?
                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                      TiredIronGRB Looking really good, but why is your cockpit glass so hard to see thru? Did you do that or the factory?
                      I think those two guys had some hemp stashed ;)
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I saw a picture of the Bombardier. He started it. LOL
                        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Looking good Ryan!
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• UPS man knocked my door at 9:00pm PDT. Good thing I wasn't in bed. I opened up the box and took all the parts out and the B26 appears to be undamaged. If I didn't have work tomorrow I would put it together tonight.

Tony

Comment

• Was tiredirons bird called "reefer madness" or did i read it wrong? The pilot looks a little like cheech. Bet FBO was "labrador". I had one loose piece of lead and one in place. I would not have not have seen the one in place without the heads up from an earlier post,they are quite hidden. Pulled wing off,found pinched but unbroken wires and same pulled up wing mounts, a few loose flap hinges. Read all posts and watched all related videos before i started assembly. Thanks to all who provided the hints and tips.
                                Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
                                  The top wing cover did not fit well on my bomber. The magnets were not glued in properly. I removed the magnets and the cover still did not fit very well. To fix that, I trimmed the aft side of the cover slightly and also the back portion of the wing, I took off a small portion with a new blade held at about a 45 degree angle. The cover now fits flush. I will work on the bomb bay later today. On the first B-26, I am going to use a conventional type door - like on the B-17. It will not look as cool on the ground as the bi-fold doors, but in the air, on a bomb run, you probably won't be able to see it.

Bob
                                  Hey Bob, Got mine on Sat. last week and even though I'm trying to get my Bearcat ready for its maiden, I had to dig in. Started out trying to screw the hor. and vert. fins in from the top, but thanks to Ryan's build vid saw the holes on the bottom of the fuse. From there on all went well. I had her together in a matter of hours. Now on to the electrons. First had to I.D. the servos ala a tester. The numbers on the leads are different than the norm. I decided to not resolder deans plugs on the motor leads and bought a XT60 connector (it'll be the only plane I've done that on.As one of the guys in the thread, not sure if I'm going to use a 3600 or a 4000 for the maiden. Also, going to sub Robart cross threaded tires for those balloons! And weathering! Going to try the water and salt techique but will try it out first on a scrap piece of already painted foam. Paint scheme...going for Flak Bait. Already got my decals from Callie. Haven't looked at the top hatch on the wing to see if it has the same problem that some of the guys have found. Looks like an easy fix.I'm going to wait to maiden her until the repaint. Let me know how yours is coming along. As for bomb bay doors, which I know you love, I'm sure you won't try to do bi-fold doors. Big problem and as you say, who can tell once the plane is in the air. Miss you and Tsukai. See what you've been happening with you guys on the net. Happy landings,

Brent

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
                                    The numbers on the leads are different than the norm.
                                    I noticed this as well. I tried binding thinking the numbers were conventional - didn't work. Then I used to servo tester to sort it all out. I just figured somebody at the factory was just high on "home grown" when they put those labels on.

Comment

• The numbers are for futaba, so you have to switch throttle and elevator if flying jr/spektrum. From what I can remember on futaba throttle is 3 and elevator is 2. Ailerons are 1 and rudder is 4. Gear and flaps are still 5 and 6

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                        Hey Adam, Brent here! Got mine Sat. and saw in on the front porch when I got home from the event at Apollo. Big box to say the least. To tried to even open it up, but jumped into it after breakfast on Sun. and had it together except for the top of the wing piece by the afternoon. The biggest deal is the electronics. Was going to us a Lemon rec., but decided on a better one. Ordered Robart cross threaded tires, mains and nose. Paint scheme: Flak Bait; I also had gotten decals from Callie Graphics after the preorder. Looking forward to flying with you. Keep me posted on your build and I'll do the same. Cheers!
                                        Brent

Comment

• Tired Iron, and Ryan, you guys sure have done some beautiful work on your birds. Good job! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X