X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frogman1206 View Post
    I have this plane on my bucket list since it came out. I had a chance to get one for a good price used. It came loaded with an extra wing, upgraded and stock landing gear, all 3d printed parts and they are hand painted as well, extra props and extra canopy with a spekturm 8ch receiver installed. The big add on was it also included the MrRC sound system with 2 speakers. Been getting it all setup and programmed. Can't wait for spring to arrive.
    You're one lucky dude, sounds like you got a great deal, especially with the included sound system, worth at least $150 itself. I've got both the olive and silver and had to do the 3D printed parts myself and added the Mr. RC sound system and front and top operating turrents. The sound system works great in this model.

I absolutely love this model, flies super stable and can cruise at 50% throttle. This one is supremely over powered (not that anything can be over powered). Lands easily as well. I get over 10 minutes on 2 4000mah lipos. I've won 2 "Best WWII" aircaft at a couple events, and it wasn't my doing, 100% due to Flight Line. Plan on also using the rudder more than you may be used to (and a little opposing aileron) to get nice scale like flat turns. You'll also find it does some acrobatic maneuvers the real B-24 could nevet do.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

You're one lucky dude, sounds like you got a great deal, especially with the included sound system, worth at least $150 itself. I've got both the olive and silver and had to do the 3D printed parts myself and added the Mr. RC sound system and front and top operating turrents. The sound system works great in this model.

I absolutely love this model, flies super stable and can cruise at 50% throttle. This one is supremely over powered (not that anything can be over powered). Lands easily as well. I get over 10 minutes on 2 4000mah lipos. I've won 2 "Best WWII" aircaft at a couple events, and it wasn't my doing, 100% due to Flight Line. Plan on also using the rudder more than you may be used to (and a little opposing aileron) to get nice scale like flat turns. You'll also find it does some acrobatic maneuvers the real B-24 could nevet do.
      Yes I think I got a great deal as it was only 400 dollars.

I'm good with rudder. i learned rudder a while ago while ride flying quads. Now i use rudder even when there isn't one.

Where do you put the speakers? I put one at the front of the battery bay and one under wing below the wiring box. I still had to add a little weight in the front gun turret to get CG right with 2 4s 4000 batteries. I figured the speaker would make it nose heavy but I guess it needed the weight.

A friend wants to add fpv in one of the turrets. i have a small AIO camera that would work and I still have one channel on tune rx channel available for a servo on the turret. I may go for it. If your already have an the turrets moving and a speaker system I guess the weight is not a problem for the plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by frogman1206 View Post

Yes I think I got a great deal as it was only 400 dollars.

I'm good with rudder. i learned rudder a while ago while ride flying quads. Now i use rudder even when there isn't one.

Where do you put the speakers? I put one at the front of the battery bay and one under wing below the wiring box. I still had to add a little weight in the front gun turret to get CG right with 2 4s 4000 batteries. I figured the speaker would make it nose heavy but I guess it needed the weight.

A friend wants to add fpv in one of the turrets. i have a small AIO camera that would work and I still have one channel on tune rx channel available for a servo on the turret. I may go for it. If your already have an the turrets moving and a speaker system I guess the weight is not a problem for the plane.
        It will definitely have no issues with any extra weight, the 4 engines supply more power than you'll need. I put the speakers just behind the servo distribution circuit board (barely fit) and the Aspire board behind that and the wing tube channel (that also just barely fit) so these are just about sitting on the CG point and behind it without much effect on CG. Servos for front and top turret added only a slight amount of nose weight, so with the 2 -4000's I ended up putting those as far back as possible. In the photo below, you'll see the transducers, each with a silver metal heat sink attached and you can just barely see the Aspire board behind that. I've also attached a short video I did about 4 years ago when this model first came out just to feature the sound system and turrets. I made other modifications since that video including completely redoing the cockpit and installing a new pilot and co-pilot (had to add my wife as the co-pilot so she could complain about my driving even in the air ) . BTW, I do know the wing markings are all wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180223_190228.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	338716Click image for larger version

Name:	20180424_181620.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	338717Click image for larger version

Name:	20180602_215315.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	338718

My Silver one ended up about the same, but no women in the cockpit.

Name:	20180507_223534.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	338719Click image for larger version

Name:	20180511_180526.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	338720Click image for larger version

Name:	20180511_181057.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	338721

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hello Libby pilots, looking for a reply from anyone that has the shock absorbing main gear (SKU: FLW4010810) upgrade on their bird.
          I need the length from the axle to the top of strut (not strut pin). Am on a guest of a main gear shock absorbing struts mod for the 62" VQ P-39.
          Best regards,
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I make that 2&7/8"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikdys View Post
              I make that 2&7/8"
              Hello Mikdys Appreciate your response. Just a quick follow-up question since I can not blow the pics up clearly to see the actual measurement.
              The pic on the left is the actual dimension I'm looking for, the top of strut ( where it meets the retract trunnion ) to the axle.
              Is the 2-7/8 inch that dimension ??
              The other pic has the ruler at the top of the exposed oleo to the axle and knowing that the wheels are approx 85mm ( 3-1/4" ) , the 2-7/8" looks to be representative of that pic thus my request for clarification.
              Thanx
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• First pic shows 4&3/4" from the base of the leg to the middle of the axle - second pic 2&7/8" from where the sprung part exits the base of the leg to the middle of the axle.

HTH

Comment

• Got the B-24 out yesterday for the first time in a while along with a few other WWII prop planes. Almost forgot how nice and easy she flies and lands. 10 minutes on 2 4000's. Used to have an issue in the past with the flaps operating intermittently (as I do on the F-18's and Avanti), but reduced the delay to 0 (something I hate) and haven't had it again for a while. I have the MR. RC Sound system in it with the multi-engine module and both the front and top turrets operate. Gunners, pilots and 3D printed cockpit also included. She still misses her "Silver Sister" B-24 that got whacked while landing last year at an event by a insane pilot flying his 1/10 scale F-16. Unfortunately none of the crew survived that "Friendly Fire" from the future accident! May replace it one day, but MRC keeps coming out with too many "gotta haves".

Name:	20220506_124230.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	345228Click image for larger version

Name:	20220506_134307.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	345229Click image for larger version

Name:	20180512_142537.jpg
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	345230Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20201012-WA0000.jpg
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	345231
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• The video from that day of the B-24.

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hi all, wondering if I could lean on some wisdom of fellow B-24 owners. I've had my B-24 for a couple of years now but needed to make more room for more planes so I decided to finally get her out of the box and put her together. She is all ready to go, no problems at all with the build or setup but I did run into a bit of an issue.

So my flying location is out of my dad's pasture right across the road from my house. I take my mower over there and mow myself a nice 300' or so runway and so far its worked really well. Once I filled in the holes I didn't have any issues flying the Avanti, MIG-21, F-22, Bearcat, F-16 etc. Its a bit bumpy and uneven but for all of my other MotionRC birds its been fine.

I'm running into an issue with the B-24 though during taxi tests. It sits so low to the ground that the unevenness of the runway seem to be causing quite a number of prop strikes and I'm unsure if I will be able to get it airborne without having a prop strike or two. What I would like to do is extend the length of the landing gear to give myself a bit more clearance.

For the main's I was thinking I could dremel a flat grub screw location further down on the gear connecting pin and carve out extra room in the wheel well if necessary for the longer main. I'm not too worried about how to deal with the mains but the nose gear has me flummoxed. I thought that was attached with a grub screw as well but it appears to be all one unit and is attached to the servo via a c-clip. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with the nose wheel? My first thought was epoxying a pair of wood spacers on top of the original plastics mounts and then attaching the servo to the wood mounts to give myself more clearance.

Do you guys have any other suggestions or experience with modifying the B-24 to give more ground clearance?

Comment

• Cut the props. Search the thread on how much. Quite of few people have done this.
                        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• My wife purchased the FL B24 for me last Christmas, I put it
                          together shortly after but never got around to maiden flight until this past weekend July 9th. Ground test everything functioned as it was supposed to, range test everything proved fine. Went up for maiden flight it pulled hard right on takeoff, i blamed the crosswind 5-8mph.
                          Got the plane to 3 mistakes high to trim out it pulled hard right once more, so i throttled back to 40-50% not thinking anything of it, got the plane happy with its trim made a few circuits and eventually the plane took a hard right into a uncontrollable torque spin or what looked like a flat spin. In the spin i throttled down, reverse rudder
                          to slow it down with one throttle blip in the middle to see if i could pull out. Ultimately it didn't pull out and damaged the nose, nose gear, right wing retracts, right wing mounting tabs, carbon spars and small parts, wings rudder and elevator seem to be in good shape. At the crash site, i pulled the batteries assessed the damage only to find out the right-wing outboard esc had failed causing the spin and most likely the hard right pulls prior. I have attached all the pictures of all of the aircraft so you can assess the damage for yourself. I uploaded the flight video to Youtube to be able to share. I dont upload much on YT so forgive my video skills. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220711_135817.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	350575Click image for larger version

Name:	20220711_135831.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	350576Click image for larger version

Name:	20220713_164154.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	350577

Motions team emailed me back on everything and said 30 day warranty nothing can be done.
                          My only arguement to that was whats the difference in the plane sitting on my shelf for 7months vs it sitting on a hobby store shelf for 7 months?
                          Oh well crap happens, guess ill be rebuilding, it just sucks knowing it was a manufacturer part failure and nothing can be done.

Comment

Comment

• First, sorry to see that happen to your plane. However, warranty is time based and is from point of sale. The difference "on your shelf" vs "on their shelf" is not really an argument at all. What if I bought a new car and immediately stored it for 3 years, then take it out and on the first drive, something breaks? The 3 year warranty is up. Should the dealer fix it?
                              Next, did you do a throttle calibration before flying it? If not, being a multi-engine, one or more motors could be out of sync and working way harder than the others, resulting in some kind of damage and possible burn out.
                              With any plane I buy, I make it a point of putting it together, setting it up properly and at the very least test the crap out of it if I don't intend to fly it right away. If I leave it for more than 30 days, I accept any consequences.

Comment

• I did atleast do all the ground test out of the box. I knew well enough from a few other planes to do that. I calibrate the esc's together as mentioned in the forum and by Fl. Everything checked out which is why i ended up taking it to the field going through final checks, and she went on up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ob1hulk View Post
                                  My wife purchased the FL B24 for me last Christmas, I put it
                                  together shortly after but never got around to maiden flight until this past weekend July 9th. Ground test everything functioned as it was supposed to, range test everything proved fine. Went up for maiden flight it pulled hard right on takeoff, i blamed the crosswind 5-8mph.
                                  Got the plane to 3 mistakes high to trim out it pulled hard right once more, so i throttled back to 40-50% not thinking anything of it, got the plane happy with its trim made a few circuits and eventually the plane took a hard right into a uncontrollable torque spin or what looked like a flat spin. In the spin i throttled down, reverse rudder
                                  to slow it down with one throttle blip in the middle to see if i could pull out. Ultimately it didn't pull out and damaged the nose, nose gear, right wing retracts, right wing mounting tabs, carbon spars and small parts, wings rudder and elevator seem to be in good shape. At the crash site, i pulled the batteries assessed the damage only to find out the right-wing outboard esc had failed causing the spin and most likely the hard right pulls prior. I have attached all the pictures of all of the aircraft so you can assess the damage for yourself. I uploaded the flight video to Youtube to be able to share. I dont upload much on YT so forgive my video skills. https://youtu.be/xlV88LiHB60

Motions team emailed me back on everything and said 30 day warranty nothing can be done.
                                  My only arguement to that was whats the difference in the plane sitting on my shelf for 7months vs it sitting on a hobby store shelf for 7 months?
                                  Oh well crap happens, guess ill be rebuilding, it just sucks knowing it was a manufacturer part failure and nothing can be done.
                                  Dang. It was starting to recover. Another 50 feet and you probably could have pulled out of it

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20220730_153602.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	355987 Update on the b24, i have it as straight as it can be for a wrecked airframe. Brought the steamer out and she came out... eh, ok. replaced the nose and small plastic pieces and new esc, and decided to swap over to MAS props. I did a test on factory prop vs mas for amp output. trying to udnerstand why the last one failed. stock prop WOT consistent 26amp, i could blip it and get a reading of 31 but it was only momentary then back to 26amp. MAS props at WOT pull a consistent 18amp!!! with a spike reading of 22! Id say the stock 30amp esc shall be much happier now.
                                    Everything was put back together and i had it out at the field a few weekends ago for the remaiden. Made sure my turret cam was on the correct switch for random and she flew beautifully! I got another 4 flights in later that same day and got a max flight time of 7minutes with 37% battery left.
                                    what kind of flight times are yall getting from your stock prop 4000mah admiral setups?

I attached a video for anyone wanting to see how she flew. The Mas props did take a decent amount of power away from the bird, however still ample speed to be more than scale.

Comment

• 4S battery? or did you go with 3S.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                        4S battery? or did you go with 3S.
                                        4s 4000 Admirals for my setup. I never considered the 3s setup.

Comment

• Flies like a rocket on 4s and like a bomber on 3s.

Comment

Working...
                                          X