Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in on this one! Thanks for posting pictures as you go jasmiller!

Comment

Received my box today in the mail. This plane is well worth the $$$ and is absolutely stunning.

I didn't get a manual in my box. I called Motion and spoke to one of their techs to relay them the information. After some digging around I found the manual online. I have attached it to this thread for anyone else who has the same problem.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post
        Received my box today in the mail. This plane is well worth the $$$ and is absolutely stunning.

I didn't get a manual in my box. I called Motion and spoke to one of their techs to relay them the information. After some digging around I found the manual online. I have attached it to this thread for anyone else who has the same problem.

Thank You for posting. This is an older version but the order of operations should remain the same. The flap and aileron hinging has changed since this publication as well as servo mounts in the wing. Not difficult but change none the less. I built a BH Fairchild last year and the hardware is almost exactly the same as well as electronic set up. I am happy to help navigate the build if you have any questions. Happy Building!!

Comment

When I use Robart style hinges for my airplanes I always put a little petroleum jelly on the hinge and use 20- 30 minute epoxy to secure the hinge. The petroleum jelly keeps the hinge from becoming glued shut if some of the epoxy seeps into the area. This way all my hinges remain free of glue. The aileron and flap attachments can be screwed in place. I went a step further and used hysol to secure chemically and then screwed in place as a mechanical attachment. Redundancy if you will to add strength to hold the surfaces in place. I attached a picture of the pre installed wing bolt as seen thru the top of the fuselage.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jasmiller View Post

Thank You for posting. This is an older version but the order of operations should remain the same. The flap and aileron hinging has changed since this publication as well as servo mounts in the wing. Not difficult but change none the less. I built a BH Fairchild last year and the hardware is almost exactly the same as well as electronic set up. I am happy to help navigate the build if you have any questions. Happy Building!!
            Thanks Jasmiller!!! Would you happen to know if the newer publication is available to download somewhere?

Granted we all have your posts as guidance and you for questions, but it makes for some good reading material when not working on the plane :)

Comment

Thanks Jasmiller!!! Would you happen to know if the newer publication is available to download somewhere?

Granted we all have your posts as guidance and you for questions, but it makes for some good reading material when not working on the plane :)
              I have been looking and cannot find one. I asked as well and was told not yet, should be coming soon.

Comment

Looking for electric retracts - can someone measure the strut insertion diameter pls? It's either that or a downandlocked conversion for me I think.

Comment

Originally posted by downwind3zero View Post
                  Looking for electric retracts - can someone measure the strut insertion diameter pls? It's either that or a downandlocked conversion for me I think.
                  Approx 135CM inside diameter of the wheel wheel, I imagine that's what you're looking for.

Distance from inner wheel well to the Strut End of the casing is also approx 9 inches
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

When I use Robart style hinges for my airplanes I always put a little petroleum jelly on the hinge and use 20- 30 minute epoxy to secure the hinge. The petroleum jelly keeps the hinge from becoming glued shut if some of the epoxy seeps into the area. This way all my hinges remain free of glue. The aileron and flap attachments can be screwed in place. I went a step further and used hysol to secure chemically and then screwed in place as a mechanical attachment. Redundancy if you will to add strength to hold the surfaces in place. I attached a picture of the pre installed wing bolt as seen thru the top of the fuselage.
                      Hey Jasmiller,

This is my first blackhorse build!

How did you know the distance to measure and mark where the flap/aileron attachments go for the horns. I'm looking at your pics and soft marked mine. But want to ensure that I'm getting it right and understand how you aligned them, etc.
                      Did you install the servo then the control rod and see where it would line up on the aileron?

I'm assuming that's how you got there!

-Thanks
                      S.

**Update**

I just looked back at your earlier post, you did the servo installation first.. so there i think lies my answer :P I don't have my servos yet, so I'll just glue the hinges tonight. Just so I know, there are 2 types of hinges, Long ones (67mm ?) and Short ones (44mm) . The long ones stick out considerably more than the short ones.. As your pics you used the shorter hinges for Ailerons. (44mm)

I took a peek at the fairchild manual and the same appears to apply, 44mm for ailerons and 67mm for the elevator and rudder

Where are the longer ones used?

Ta....

Comment

Approx 135CM inside diameter of the wheel wheel, I imagine that's what you're looking for.

Distance from inner wheel well to the Strut End of the casing is also approx 9 inches
                        Thank you!

Comment

Pretty beefy, thank you!

Comment

Do you happen to know the diameter of the pin that inserts into the strut? I'm ditching the air retracts for a set of JP electrics.

Comment

Originally posted by Cfreuen20 View Post

Do you happen to know the diameter of the pin that inserts into the strut? I'm ditching the air retracts for a set of JP electrics.
                              See post #29. I plan on doing the same.

Comment

Ok I’m in

Comment

See post #29. I plan on doing the same.
                                  Post 29 shows the exterior diameter of the strut, but what I need to know is the diameter of the pin coming out of the retract unit, that the strut bolts on to. It looks like there are 3 grub screws that hold it on to the pin.

Comment

i hope in the future to see a white zero with that surface printing

Comment

Originally posted by pino saputo View Post
                                      i hope in the future to see a white zero with that surface printing
                                      This new method of surface printing is what sold me on buying this plane. Hopefully when I see it in person, it meets expectations. From the look of things in these pictures, it's a home run. I wonder how well the printing holds up over time?

Comment

I plan on continuing the build and using the supplied pneumatic retracts. Is there a reason why people are so adverse to using them? I am wondering if it comes with valves that allow you to control the speed in which the wheels go up and down.

Comment

I plan on continuing the build and using the supplied pneumatic retracts. Is there a reason why people are so adverse to using them? I am wondering if it comes with valves that allow you to control the speed in which the wheels go up and down.
                                          Hi

when I bought mine I had contact with person who already build this plane, we have first version of it BH136.
                                          He advised me not to use air retract because switch was not of a good quality, also you can not adjust speed.
                                          I used electric retract units from HK, and stock struts that came with KIT , never regret it.
                                          Link to my build I placed in post #10
                                          grts Hans

Comment

Working...
                                          X