X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andy777 View Post
    Just maidened my Flightline Spitfire 1600 mm.
    All went well but I have a question: does someone know how to make the flaps come down and retract SLOWLY?
    I guess one has to bypass the ‘bluebox‘.
    Great flyer but be careful on the ground...
    Reduce your throws a lot but use hi-rate on your elevator on the ground.

Greetings from Holland!
    Hi there, sorry I must have gotten lost on my way to the jets section where I normally lurk but as I'm looking at getting this bird next I poked in here and saw your post about slowing the flaps down. Like some have said some newer radios have the option to tune servo speed but if yours doesn't, like I found with my new Futaba, there are options for slowing them down. I wanted to slow my flaps down on my A-10 so I got a servo speed reducer from Dave's RC online. I see you are in Holland so I don't know if you want something from the US but you can also find them on Hobby King from Hong Kong too or do a local search.

This device will reduce the speed of any regular, proportional servo. Connect it between your receiver and the servo (or servos) you wish to control for a more scale-like movement of flaps or retracts. Adjustable, it can be set to reduce the speed of your servo from super-slow motion to no speed reduction at all, with an almost infinite number of positions in between. Maximum reduction time for a servo to travel 90 degrees is about 14 seconds, minimum time (no reduction) is simply the normal speed of the servo. Great for reducing or eliminating the tendency of a plane to "balloon up" when flaps are deployed. It can be used to control more than one servo by use of a regular servo Y. This is the new regulated version that can be used on radio systems powered by any size or type of battery, including 4.8-6.0 volt 4-5 cell Ni-Cad/Ni-MH batteries, and HV (high voltage) receivers that operate on 2-cell 6.6-8.4 volt Li-Po/Li-Ion/LiFE batteries. This unit will NOT reduce the voltage going to your servos. The video (last image from the list above) shows how one customer used this device to slow the movement of his pilot's head! DOWNLOAD: Servo Speed Reducer Manual

Comment

• Splat Thanks for this link. I fly Futaba 8J, so I am unaware of option for slowing a servo's motion. Also, ya gotta get a Spittie. Great flyer and IMHO the most beautiful design in aviation. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001 (2).JPG
Views:	822
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	267985Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016 (2).JPG
Views:	810
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	267986
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• That is a beautiful Spit! Yeah I'm thinking this is my next bird...I'm torn between it or the Corsair.

Comment

• Thanks for feedback about raison and lowering flaps slowly. Maybe bypassing bluebox is also an option...

Comment

• Had both my Spitfire and my F7F Tigercat up this morning. Haven't flown either in a while but decided today was the day since the wind was down, at least for the moment. What a couple of great airplanes and as usual, they both impressed the guys who were there. Still surprises me when you haul out the F7F, people don't know what it is (gassers) so I put her through her paces and they love her. The Spitfire is so true to scale that folks can't help but walk around her and when in the air, she doesn't need to do fancy aerobatics, a couple of victory rolls and a nice smooth landing puts smiles on their faces. Two planes I definitely do NOT regret purchasing. And they're both getting up there age-wise.
            Up to my 67th flight this year, which is about 1/3 of where I was last year, all due to the danged wind!!!!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Does anyone have the paint colors for touching up the FL Spitfire 1600mm?

Comment

• Maiden flight of the Spit today, what a great flyer she is! Nose over on landing but will get that sorted. No bad tendencies really!
                Got a second flight in and afterwards was mixing in some up elevator with the flaps. Checking the throws, I heard a weird screech, moved the
                elevator a few times and the elevator servo started whirring continuous. At home I confirmed stripped servo! Thankfully this happened on the ground!
                I also found that these metal geared servos have plastic cogs as well as metal....checked elevator movement and rod/tubing to make sure nothing was binding that could
                have caused this servo strip, all ok.

I must have been unlucky with this particular servo as I have not read anywhere else in forums this is a major concern.
                Ordered a replacement today so hoping that is in before next weekend!
                She hangs now with her little brother (flitetest version) awaiting the new servo.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Scissor Link?
                  Greetings, I broke the link on one of the struts and by mistake ordered the wrong side replacement, I tried to disassemble the gear to move the links and broke the new one in the process. Is there an alternative to ordering the MLG again? I found this old post, does anyone know if these work? https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...ear-damper-set

TIA,
                  Santa

Comment

• Originally posted by santanig5 View Post
                    Scissor Link?
                    Greetings, I broke the link on one of the struts and by mistake ordered the wrong side replacement, I tried to disassemble the gear to move the links and broke the new one in the process. Is there an alternative to ordering the MLG again? I found this old post, does anyone know if these work?TIA,Santa
                    S5, Not certain about the P-51 Strut Brace. There is a 3DP alternative. Here are two designs (don't have the author's names, but kudos) that have been posted before. The French Version has a notch for the strut. Both designs are not the MLG side, however Best LB

Spitfire Scissor Links_2 STL Files.zip
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

S5, Not certain about the P-51 Strut Brace. There is a 3DP alternative. Here are two designs (don't have the author's names, but kudos) that have been posted before. The French Version has a notch for the strut. Both designs are not the MLG side, however Best LB

[ATTACH]n268954[/ATTACH]
                      Thanks for the reply, I have this file, but need its mate piece. Also, broke the piece on the wheel hub in my attempt to swap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                        Hi CDN_Iceman, sorry to hear about that issue. Unfortunately, that small part isn't available as a separately purchasable spare part; frankly this is the first I've seen it requested in the world. I suppose there are two feasible options, neither super easy but both at least possible.

The first option would be free from us, which is always nice :) I could send you an .STL file of that linkage for you to 3D print yourself or have 3Dprinted locally. It's a small plastic cosmetic non-load-bearing part, which is an ideal candidate for 3DP. I'd be happy to convert and send the necessary file to you. I did the same process for Stuart the other week when he lost his Spitfire's stock plastic cannon. Quick and easy!

The second option doesn't require a printer, but would require patience: You could contact our tech support team at www.motionrc.com/support and ask them to enter this part in their New Parts Request form. From there, the request would be sent to the factory and they'd take the necessary time to evaluate, issue a new part number and price, advise a production time, then we'd order it (and a bunch of others since we can't order just one of something on a mass production line), then they'd ship it to us, whereafter we'd be able to sell it and ship it to you.

Fingers crossed you have access to a 3D printer... otherwise, contact the tech support guys and they'll do their best to get your request into the process.

Clear skies,
                        Alpha
                        Hello Alpha,
                        I have broken my scissor links and found that one was created for 3D printing but not its matching piece. Did you create it? Can it's matching piece be created or direct me if it already has.
                        Thanks,
                        Santa
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Unable to find what I needed, I designed my own, now if someone more skilled than I can design the other part of the scissor link we will have a complete set.
                          https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4571900
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200816_184431.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	269120
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by santanig5 View Post
                            Unable to find what I needed, I designed my own.L]
                            S5, Thank you for your STL FIle and I presume you are talking about the "lower strut arm" then. I have the Spit, just haven't flown it much this year. I will look at it, I have a Hornet to finish, but I'll put it on my to do list, if someone else doesn't step up in the meantime. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Andre B View Post
                              Maiden flight of the Spit today, what a great flyer she is! Nose over on landing but will get that sorted. No bad tendencies really!
                              Got a second flight in and afterwards was mixing in some up elevator with the flaps. Checking the throws, I heard a weird screech, moved the
                              elevator a few times and the elevator servo started whirring continuous. At home I confirmed stripped servo! Thankfully this happened on the ground!
                              I also found that these metal geared servos have plastic cogs as well as metal....checked elevator movement and rod/tubing to make sure nothing was binding that could
                              have caused this servo strip, all ok.

I must have been unlucky with this particular servo as I have not read anywhere else in forums this is a major concern.
                              Ordered a replacement today so hoping that is in before next weekend!
                              She hangs now with her little brother (flitetest version) awaiting the new servo.
                              Did my 217th flight this morning and I encountered the same problem (elev servo stripped). Unfortunately, it happened in flight resulting in a total destruction of my spit, motor included (bent shaft). However, the Spitty remains a very good model and I'm up to order a new one but I was wondering if elev servo of the Flightline Spit has the same spline than an hitec for instance (to keep the so handy flightline servo arm) ? I also checked the other servos and the rudder one is about to be stripped as well. Could this strippings come from the crash and the lost of control originating from another cause ?

Comment

• 3rd flight - landing without flaps and hi rates elevator worked! No tip over....
                                Attempt at 4th flight at take off, prop hitting the ground, my mistake, still had high rates on elevator from previous landing....this made tail twitchy.
                                Love this plane!

Comment

• Hi all. Got my "new" Spitfire since the former one has been written off by a faulty elevator servo. Nevertheless, I was really happy of this plane (she died during her 217th flies and all components were stock with the exception of a spinner and some props). At present, I have only recovered the two retracts and the sound system (surprisingly both speakers stuck in the under-wing radiators remained intact). Even the wood battery plate has burned in the crash as Lipo battery ignited on impact .

Hope the new one will bring me the same satisfaction. The built quality is a bit off compared to before with spots, scratches, lacks and over-thicknesses. A slightly gatoring level (for want of a better word) a bit higher as well. Nothing severe but annoying, maybe we become demanding when we are used to FL quality. However, there's an improvement with the engine fixing on the support : actual screws and nuts instead of the previous self-tapping screw in the plastic.

Unfortunately the same scrappy hybrid servo but I've already ordered a more serious one and thinking over a double elevator push-rods, the second not being that difficult to set (output just above the rudder one, on port side).

Comment

• Asuka, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Post pics when you've got her done. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Asuka what servos did you order?

Comment

• Blue Bird Digital Mini SERVO BMS-390V. Size should fit perfect in the FL Spit support, same 25 T teeth spline (Futaba like) allowing to keep the so handy FL servo horn but with full metal gear, HV / DS / Heat Sink and last but not least 5,4 kg / 0.11sec / 22.5g.

. Click image for larger version  Name:	20170925150309odog43.png Views:	0 Size:	279.5 KB ID:	272820
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20170822084353r8nsu1.png Views:	0 Size:	364.6 KB ID:	272821

You can order it at HK as I did under the TGY label https://hobbyking.com/fr_fr/turnigyt...sec-22-5g.html

Comment

Working...
                                        X