Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bobolos View Post
    what is the safest c rating of 6s 5000 to use in the spitfire
    Welcome to Hobby Squawk, bobolos. I am not the expert electron guru, but I run 35C/6250 with zero issues. There is a lot of room and the air flow is great in the Spit, so I would look at batteries that you will also use in other aircraft.. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Even a 25C rated pack could be flown in the spit, she is very easy on batteries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Black View Post

So this just happened :D

. . .

I have 3 4100 mah 6s batteries ( weigh about 675 grams ). Should they suffice to fly this gorgeos, providing I put enough weight in the nose to achieve recommended CG?

Does this plane needs a seperate BEC or stock ESC is ok?

. . .
        I used the 5000mah 6S from Admiral sold by Motion RC, which weighs 732g, and it happened to balance perfectly with this battery touching the front wall of the battery compartment. I heard other people report the same thing. So yes, I would say if you use a 675g battery you will probably need to add some weight to make CG. Of course balancing is the only way to know for sure.

Regarding BEC, I have always used the stock BEC on all Flightline planes and never had a problem. Different people have a different opinion about this, but my opinion is:
        (1) unless you are adding some large power consumption that was not contemplated in the original design, I would trust the original designer (who had access to more data and specs than I do);
        (2) if you change BEC you need to be careful, because the max current rating that gets mentioned on the package is only applicable at a specific voltage lineup. In other words, be careful you don't replace a stock BEC with one that is worse in your situation.

Sorry I don't have info on coatings or matching acrylic paint colors.

Congrats, I hope you like it! I would recommend low aileron throws the first time you fly it.

Comment

what is the safest c rating of 6s 5000 to use in the spitfire please
          I guess the "safest" would be about 100C? But, 25C is more than enough.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_9234.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	280062

So this just happened :D

Im fairly new to this addiction, been flying for the past year, but manage to increase my Hangar to 15 planes ( which living in the countru with ZERO hobby shops and outrageous shipping prices says enough about my addiction :D )

Anyway, I have few questions to ask, so here goes

I have 3 4100 mah 6s batteries ( weigh about 675 grams ). Should they suffice to fly this gorgeos, providing I put enough weight in the nose to achieve recommended CG?

Does this plane needs a seperate BEC or stock ESC is ok?

Has anyone tried to put Beacon hobby coat or miniwax on the plane? I like to coat all my planes for shine and protection, but I dont want to add to much weight to it.

Also, did anyone use Tamiya acrylic paints for touch up and if so, which ones?

Thank you guys
            I had a serious crash (see my video incl rescue attempt). So yes I needed some ‘touch up’ paint. Got the Tamya Ocean grey RAF and dark green ARF.
            They are ok but not spot on. The Ocean grey is a tad lighter and the green just a bit darker. That being said
            I was happy with my repair!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
              Your Batterys should be fine, the battery compartment is big and you can move the battery around to get the CG with out any nose weight added. Minwax polycrylic water based will coat and protect the plane.

Ron.
              Can I move it over the battery tray and closer to motor if necessary, without danger of noseovers?

I use Beacon Hobby coat for the same purpose as Miniwax. Im just asking if someone used it and if it adds maybe too much weight behind the CG line ( massive wings )

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

I used the 5000mah 6S from Admiral sold by Motion RC, which weighs 732g, and it happened to balance perfectly with this battery touching the front wall of the battery compartment. I heard other people report the same thing. So yes, I would say if you use a 675g battery you will probably need to add some weight to make CG. Of course balancing is the only way to know for sure.

Regarding BEC, I have always used the stock BEC on all Flightline planes and never had a problem. Different people have a different opinion about this, but my opinion is:
                (1) unless you are adding some large power consumption that was not contemplated in the original design, I would trust the original designer (who had access to more data and specs than I do);
                (2) if you change BEC you need to be careful, because the max current rating that gets mentioned on the package is only applicable at a specific voltage lineup. In other words, be careful you don't replace a stock BEC with one that is worse in your situation.

Sorry I don't have info on coatings or matching acrylic paint colors.

Congrats, I hope you like it! I would recommend low aileron throws the first time you fly it.

Are you kidding me, I love the damn thing! Just check the grin on my face when I first unpack it! Still have that grin :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Andre B View Post

I had a serious crash (see my video incl rescue attempt). So yes I needed some ‘touch up’ paint. Got the Tamya Ocean grey RAF and dark green ARF.
                  They are ok but not spot on. The Ocean grey is a tad lighter and the green just a bit darker. That being said
                  I was happy with my repair!
                  I have just bought the same colors from ebay, plus medium sea gray. Heck, I would buy all the colors with RAF prefix, if they were more of them :D

Glad they worked for you, nice fix.

Comment

Can I move it over the battery tray and closer to motor if necessary, without danger of noseovers?

I use Beacon Hobby coat for the same purpose as Miniwax. Im just asking if someone used it and if it adds maybe too much weight behind the CG line ( massive wings )
                    The battery can go anywhere in the fuselage it will fit to make CG, to answer the question of too nose heavy and nose overs, with your batterys you should find it will not have a tendency to do that. I fly with at the time a 4500mah and a 5000mah and I once used the wrong position mark and it was tail heavy (4500) and the plane leaped off the ground in half the takeoff run and I gunned it and got it in the air and after some trimming and butt clinching it flew fine and it landed light on the gear, so it is forgiving to a point.
                    Some folks like to fly nose heavy and others like tail, I have started (in the last year) to fly aerobatic now and find that a little tail heavy is ok as before nose heavy was preferred. I would fly You're nose heavy as it has been stated many times on the forums until you get comfortable with flying any plane it is best.

The beacon hobby coat, I have some and have not used it yet till the minwax is gone so I can't say that or if it will works better.
                    AMA 424553

Comment

what is the safest c rating of 6s 5000 to use in the spitfire please
                      I use 20c and can do full tilt for an entire flight with out raising battery temp 15 degrees.

Joe
                      Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

The battery can go anywhere in the fuselage it will fit to make CG, to answer the question of too nose heavy and nose overs, with your batterys you should find it will not have a tendency to do that. I fly with at the time a 4500mah and a 5000mah and I once used the wrong position mark and it was tail heavy (4500) and the plane leaped off the ground in half the takeoff run and I gunned it and got it in the air and after some trimming and butt clinching it flew fine and it landed light on the gear, so it is forgiving to a point.
                        Some folks like to fly nose heavy and others like tail, I have started (in the last year) to fly aerobatic now and find that a little tail heavy is ok as before nose heavy was preferred. I would fly You're nose heavy as it has been stated many times on the forums until you get comfortable with flying any plane it is best.

The beacon hobby coat, I have some and have not used it yet till the minwax is gone so I can't say that or if it will works better.
                        Tnx for the reply.

Beacon hobby coat is awesome. I coat all my planes, at least with one thin coat. However, on my Night radiant glider, after putting two coats, it screwed my CG so I had to move my battery forward 4-5 centimeters. Fortunatly, I had enough room in the canopy to do just that.

Comment

• If you want a very good match to the paints go to home depot or Lowes and get them to match your paints on your plane You will have a near perfect match.

Comment

• Bob, he is in Bosnia and Herzegovina.. I don't think he has a local Home Depot.

Brings up a pet peeve, can you put your location in your account so we know where you are? Unless you have a reason of course...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobh View Post
                              If you want a very good match to the paints go to home depot or Lowes and get them to match your paints on your plane You will have a near perfect match.
                              I live in Bosnia mate, we dont have stores like that. There are paint shops, and yea they can mix pretty much anything, but only enamel paints which eats up foam.

I orderd from e bay Tamyia RAF paints, should be close enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                Bob, he is in Bosnia and Herzegovina.. I don't think he has a local Home Depot.

Brings up a pet peeve, can you put your location in your account so we know where you are? Unless you have a reason of course...
                                I did put my location, check under “Geo”. nothing to hide there.🙂

Click image for larger version  Name:	E0E64583-D472-435A-9FE3-8274945A4866.png Views:	0 Size:	318.3 KB ID:	280346

Comment

I live in Bosnia mate, we dont have stores like that. There are paint shops, and yea they can mix pretty much anything, but only enamel paints which eats up foam.

I orderd from e bay Tamyia RAF paints, should be close enough
                                  I don't think you have to worry about enamel paint eating EPO foam. Acetone doesn't even melt it.

Comment

• The enter your location was not to you Mr. Black.

Originally posted by Mr.Black View Post

I did put my location, check under “Geo”. nothing to hide there.🙂

Click image for larger version Name:	E0E64583-D472-435A-9FE3-8274945A4866.png Views:	0 Size:	318.3 KB ID:	280346

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_9234.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	280062

Also, did anyone use Tamiya acrylic paints for touch up and if so, which ones?

Thank you guys

I have mixed Tamiya paints to achieve a very good match:

Dark blue/grey topside colour, mix the following together:
                                      Tamiya XF54 (Dark sea grey) about 70%
                                      Tamiya XF18 (medium blue) about 30%

Green/brown topside colour, mix the following together: (sorry, don't remember ratio for this)
                                      Tamiya XF51 (Khaki drab)
                                      Tamiya XF81 (RAF dark green)
                                      Tamiya XF1 (black) a tiny drop to tint

Sky grey underside colour
                                      Humbrol 247 RLM 76 (acrylic) is a fair match.

Comment

• Glad you made a decent match :)

Comment

• Originally posted by JPJI View Post

I have mixed Tamiya paints to achieve a very good match:

Dark blue/grey topside colour, mix the following together:
                                          Tamiya XF54 (Dark sea grey) about 70%
                                          Tamiya XF18 (medium blue) about 30%

Green/brown topside colour, mix the following together: (sorry, don't remember ratio for this)
                                          Tamiya XF51 (Khaki drab)
                                          Tamiya XF81 (RAF dark green)
                                          Tamiya XF1 (black) a tiny drop to tint

Sky grey underside colour
                                          Humbrol 247 RLM 76 (acrylic) is a fair match.
                                          Excellent! Tnx mate

Comment

Working...
                                          X