Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conratulations, I always wanted to go to that fly in. I wasn't too sure about the weather this weekend.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Thanks..."Dr Alan", a local surgeon, and the CD of this event, hold it as a benefit for the Wounded Warriors, and the Coachella Valley club makes this a fun low-key weekend-long event every year...hope you can make it next January!

Comment

• It was asked if one would fit:
        B-24in a Town & County (Dodge - same same)

Comment

• B-24M “Net Results” - flew out of Okinawa 1945.
          The tail turret contains a button from my uncle’s RCAF tunic from WWII. He was a tail gunner on B-24s that flew anti submarine missions from gander Newfoundland. Is B 24 was shut down but he did survive the war.
          “Ground crew” is 1/18 from 21st Century.

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
            B-24M “Net Results” - flew out of Okinawa 1945.
            The tail turret contains a button from my uncle’s RCAF tunic from WWII. He was a tail gunner on B-24s that flew anti-submarine missions from Gander Newfoundland. Is B 24 was shut down but he did survive the war.
            “Ground crew” is 1/18 from 21st Century.
            TOA, that is truly a great story and tribute. Love the livery, as well. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here's a video of my B-24 Liberator using 4s 3600mah admiral batteries.
              Here it is guys and gals. The Flightline B-24 Bomber 2000mmMaiden Flight. Hope you EnjoySecond Flight to come This Evening for the lights? Knock on Wood. ...

Comment

• Has anybody put an Aspire sound system in this plane? I can't find a sound sample of it anywhere on the 'net, including Mr RC Sound site. I have been searching for months. Help? Anybody?

Comment

• Sorry I can't help there, but Welcome to Hobby Squawk!! If there is an answer here, I know the folks will respond with good data!! ;):Cool::Cool::Cool: Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by CarToon View Post
                    Has anybody put an Aspire sound system in this plane? I can't find a sound sample of it anywhere on the 'net, including Mr RC Sound site. I have been searching for months. Help? Anybody?
                    I have the system in my scratchbuilt B17 (with two transducers) that I got from MrRCsound. I have some videos but the sound in the video is absolutely awful, nothing like what it sounds like in person. Cell Phones and micro-cams have really lousy sound quality! Mine is quite loud when I'm flying indoors, and somewhat "busy" with four motor sounds at the same time, but it does sound similar to a real B17. It needs more "bass". MrRCSound sells a bass transducer but I haven't tried it.

I'm planning on getting a sound system for my Corsair. Haven't pulled the trigger yet! But this plane is begging for it.
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• A great guy I met a couple times at various events Lee Woodworth shared this awesome video of his rotating turret on his B-24 from last years NEAT fair. Bombers make the best FPV platforms!

Comment

• Originally posted by CarToon View Post
                        Has anybody put an Aspire sound system in this plane? I can't find a sound sample of it anywhere on the 'net, including Mr RC Sound site. I have been searching for months. Help? Anybody?
                        CarToon,

I put the Aspire with 2 TT-25's in both my Olive and Silver B-24, with the multi-engine sound pack. Love it. Have Mr. RC Sound also in my 1600mm Spitfire, a 1700mm P-51, a 1400mm Corsair, a P2-BiPlane and even my Beast 60E. Love the system. It was a little tough getting it in the B-24's though and added heat sink to both transducers as well as addition air scoops for cooling. Trying to get the funds allocated for the new Flightline Corsair, and you can be sure an aspire will go in that. People at the field always get a kick out of the sound, especially the gas flyers. Did the video after initial build but since that time I've do a little additional painting and built out the cockpits.

Link to a bad video of the B-24 sound system: https://youtu.be/PhoFY59hrE4

Another bad video of the system in a P-51: https://youtu.be/7dWEjPREUkA

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I was going to order a B-24 and a club member said he was thinking of selling his. Saved me a bunch of work. What do you guys think of the 3S set up? I want scale flights.

Mike Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2018.JPG Views:	0 Size:	161.7 KB ID:	185145
                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                            I was going to order a B-24 and a club member said he was thinking of selling his. Saved me a bunch of work. What do you guys think of the 3S set up? I want scale flights.

Mike
                            Nice job! Personally I prefer it with a 3S setup, and its actually still fairly over-powered with a 3-cell.... It has plenty of power with 3S. The nice thing is, you can use smaller batteries as well (make sure you check the balance) and the lighter plane will fly slower and more realistically (and not draw as many amps). Naysayers will say that a lighter plane won't handle as well in the wind. Well, I don't fly this one when its windy, One prop strike on takeoff and its total disaster.

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Nice job! Personally I prefer it with a 3S setup, and its actually still fairly over-powered with a 3-cell.... It has plenty of power with 3S. The nice thing is, you can use smaller batteries as well (make sure you check the balance) and the lighter plane will fly slower and more realistically (and not draw as many amps). Naysayers will say that a lighter plane won't handle as well in the wind. Well, I don't fly this one when its windy, One prop strike on takeoff and its total disaster.
                              I was looking at the 3s 5000's offered by Motion. I'm open to suggestions. I'm thinking about the 8 X 6 X3 MAS props that some are using as I picked up those prop adapters offered by one of the guys awhile back.

Mike

Comment

• I am using a pair of 3700's. Flight time is north of 12 minutes and I don't usually stretch it that long. This model would have no problem flying with 3S 5000's, you'll just have do deal with having realistic duration as well as speed! LOL (the real B24 could fly for 10 hours!). Personally, I like flying light.

Comment

• Mine is not complete yet but I took her out for the maiden flight this morning. I had a wonderful time. It did not require much in the way of trim. Wind was about 5mph.

There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Nice maiden. Great work on the scheme.

Mike

Comment

• Congrats on your maiden, WrightBrosRC! I agree with Mike, nice work on your livery. Is that all one big decal, or is it sectioned?
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thx Gents, The graphics are a Callie product with some adjustments made and some yet to come. It is one piece on the original sheet but is easily cut for contour and placement. I kept it mostly one piece to maintain the alignment. Considering its a one size fits all decal set, the minor scaling and such is greatly outweighed by the difficulty of creating the graphics by hand. It just would be too much effort without the decal set. Callie makes nicer looking aircraft easier to achieve, for sure..
                                        There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Nice finish, nice flight and very nice video coverage, whomever did it certainly knows how do capture the essence.

Comment

Working...
                                          X