X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
    And trust us... The clip WILL go flying. ;)

I now have a set of spare Clips, coming on a new BBD, the Red Tail flicked out of a roll & dug a hole :(​ salvaged the sound card, servos, ECS & wheels, the motor mount was bent, will have to clean the dirt out of it before I run it to see if it is bent, The pilot got a broken arm but will live Click image for larger version

Name:	Studio_20160221_124705.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	31530
    RED NOSE FMS P51D V8, Mr RC Sound Card :shy:
    Lots of Helicopters :p

Comment

• ouch...sorry for your loss....
      FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
      DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
      Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
      J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

• Originally posted by olwarbirds View Post
        ouch...sorry for your loss....
        Only hurt the wallet & my feeling, just powered up the salvaged eletrics, all good :) suprised the motor & prop shaft are still straight, so lots of spares, just need a new plane & battery, it was that bent it will not go back, luck it did not ignite.
        Hopefully i'll get more than 50 flights out of the new one, & keep the rolls more than one spin high :shy:

Comment

• hey Rex, sorry to see that mate. Looks like it went in hard. Glad to hear you are getting another though. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
            hey Rex, sorry to see that mate. Looks like it went in hard. Glad to hear you are getting another though. :)

Going with a BBD,as a Brisbane shop has one in stock & I already have a spare spinner for that one, plus might still be faster than a BN ??:p

Comment

• hey Rex, sorry for your loss, but you're spirit is awesome! Never give up!
              I love my BBD, I put the 580kv motor in her with a mantis 85A ESC Very impressive!
              I was looking at the specs of my three Mustangs (2xFMS and 1 Freewing) and it turns out that the B model is 100g lighter than the D model which explains , at least to me, why it always seemed to have the edge in performance, where the Freewing weighs 2600g with the sound system. So the master plan is to get a new 4258 650kv for the Freewing, take her old motor, a 4250 kv580 and install it in the FMS P51B with a new Mantis 85A ESC so both FMS Mustangs are running the same system.
              Now the tricky part is to figure out if I can still run the sound system if I upgrade the ESC on the Freewing, otherwise, she'll be running her stock 60A ESC. She, like the original P51's is a good plane she just needs a little more poke.
              Hopefully the 4258 kv650 will do for her like the Merlin did for the Mustang!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rex09 View Post

Going with a BBD,as a Brisbane shop has one in stock & I already have a spare spinner for that one, plus might still be faster than a BN ??:p
                I very much doubt it's faster than a blue nose, it certainly won't have the flight envelope - or shoot down as many enemy planes. ;)

Say g'day to Chad (or Michael at the other shop), for me. ;) (make sure is not old stock too, trust me, I got a 7.5 in a v8 box).

But seriously I do like the bbd. I think if I get a 3rd mustang it will be this one. I do like the old crow too. Wish I had some of the skills some of the boys do. Jiggz's b mustang in raf colours and Adams stark mad, are just awwwweeeesoooommme.

G-man, I believe the 650kv will be awesome for 4s. Note if you put it in a mustang it's prob necessary to upgrade the esc. Cobras numbers show 78 amps at wot. If you want more than this, then 5s (even 6s if you like, but 6s is at your own risk, tho I've had zero issues), is the way to go with the 550kv imho.

Well fellas, a bit more vid. Here's something different, the fms 1400mm zero. (I'm assuming that's the meaning behind "+ others"). vid is nothing flash sorry, just the highlights of my maiden from last year. I should really do a new one for this plane. It deserves it. For anyone thinking of getting the zero or their first 1400mm fms - this is a great choice. Lightest, has the most wing area, it handles like a trainer, and I found it super easy to fly. It also tracks better than any others I've flown. (I've flown the 109,190, 3 mustangs b&d types, zero and corsair in the 1400 size). Only one I've left stock, so that's saying something. :). Took the zero up today for 4 flights in a decent wind. No issues it flies very well for its size in a good wind.

Comment

TKS guys :D ... I will add all to list... welcome to the hangar bobbie j ...can you add a 2nd servo for the elevator ,,,, DJ
                  I used only 1 servo to eliminate timing 2 servos to the same neutral and it saved space in the body besides the extra weight.
                  Trex 500pro dfc iKon telemetry, Trex 550L Dominator iKon with T1000 telemetry
                  Red Bull 130x, Blade Nano QX, 250 quad Naze32, Apprentice S 15e RTF, FMS P51D v8 1450mm Mustang

Comment

• I have no problem with you posting vids of targets......

Comment

• Originally posted by Rex09 View Post

I now have a set of spare Clips, coming on a new BBD, the Red Tail flicked out of a roll & dug a hole :(​ salvaged the sound card, servos, ECS & wheels, the motor mount was bent, will have to clean the dirt out of it before I run it to see if it is bent, The pilot got a broken arm but will live [ATTACH=CONFIG]n31530[/ATTACH]
                      Glad the pilot only got a broken arm after that horrendous crash.
                      Trex 500pro dfc iKon telemetry, Trex 550L Dominator iKon with T1000 telemetry
                      Red Bull 130x, Blade Nano QX, 250 quad Naze32, Apprentice S 15e RTF, FMS P51D v8 1450mm Mustang

Comment

I have no problem with you posting vids of targets......
                        Lmao. ;)

Funny you mention this. A dude was flying a Trojan today, I walked up next to him with the zero and said "I heard there are some Yankee imperialist dogs flying Trojans that needs shooting down. Permission to take off. Banzai!" ;)

I didn't know him I hardly ever fly at the club on weekends, but I was hanging for a fly first day in ages. The dude thought it was funny btw. (After giving me a odd look).

Comment

• Hey Grossman 56, I live on the other side of the state from you , and used to live there in Cody . Anyway I have a FMS P51B as well and love it ,but like everyone I am looking for some more zip. I have the stock 540 kv motor with the zip tie mod. I too was wondering about putting the new 650 kv in it. sounds like you might be a little more experienced with these FMS planes than I am . So you havent done yours yet ? I am wondering what it will take ,new ESC ? motor mount ? shaft ?
                          ​ Papaflyer

Comment

• I know guys flying this setup with stock prop and esc .... http://www.motionrc.com/fms-p-40b-wa...ss-4258-kv650/ http://www.motionrc.com/fms-p-40b-wa...m-motor-mount/ this is a new setup and from what I am understanding you need to use this prop shaft/adapter to get the stock spinner spacing from cowl closer http://www.motionrc.com/fms-1400mm-f3a-propeller-shaft/

Comment

• I would change out the esc though and use an external bec....DJ

Comment

• G'day Rex,
                                I do not know mate, I have an enforced couple of days off line and you prang one:( [Optus went down in my area...Had to fly parts out from Germany....same excuse as last time:rolleyes:]
                                I would ditch any servos connected to any parts that detached from the airframe. At ten dollars or so, they are usually not worth while salvaging. Ask me how I know if you need to:D
                                I want to know what grade of crash was it?
                                You know how they rate tornadoes in an F scale, well crashes can be rated the same way...the more F's that can be uttered means the crash took a long time or you were not that busy at the sticks. Therefore a no F crash is usually the worst!!

One thing for a check list....
                                Check the wing bolts after the first ten flights and you might find that they need a little nip up just to re-seat the wing. The same needs to be done to the tail assembly as well.

Shirty's real preflight....
                                wake up, coffee, drive to field, get plane out, put battery in, check runway, fly, fly, fly, fly. Pack up, go home!!!!!
                                Range check!!!!!Phhhhttt.
                                :p We Know you do that EVERY day.
                                Any chance that you might find yourself at Tingalpa on the 13th????
                                You might find a cheap flight and the airport is not that far away after all!!!!
                                Regards and respect
                                Daryl

Comment

• You forgot, get strange looks from bystanders

Comment

• Lol boys. Preflight sounds about right daryl. ;) you'd be proud today though, I actually checked a few things first before flying! No range check though, I use futaba so not needed. ;) come to think of it, I get odd looks wherever I go.... :D If you are going to upgrade to the 650kv for 4s, yes you need to upgrade the esc. Cobras tests show with the 650kv in the mustang and stock 4 blade prop, it generates around 78amps at wot. Pic from early this morning. :) Mate I'd love to head over, but I'm heading overseas is a few weeks for a mates 40th in Bali, then I better buckle down and do some work for a change. Too many nice planes I need to buy. We will catch up soon though, I promise. (Gotta show you how to fly your mustangs....). ;)

Comment

• Shirty, that pic explains it all. You do look at the world from a different perspective..... I did change the first page to reflect the need of an upgraded esc for the 650kv motor. Take a look when you get time guys and see if I have it all right now... DJ

Comment

• Yeah saw your front page updates. Great job mate. Invaluable for newbies. :)

Comment

• Tks Shirty :) .... makes it easier to direct the new guys to one page. Eventually most everything will be covered and linked there.

Comment

Working...
                                          X