X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post

Nice Paint job! Painting my M1A2 using MMFS33722, unfortunately MM is going away and now I am trying to mix Tamiya Desert yellow with white to try and match the color. What color did you use for the chipping effect? What do you recommend I use? Thanks
    I'm not a tank guy (yet!) but I wanted to congratulate the artist who did such an outstanding and realistic job on the weathering of this German small tank. It is a work of beauty! It looks very realistic to me how the real ones would have weathered in the deserts of WWII!

My best,

davegee

Comment

• Trying again to load some photos of my Takom Renault FT conversion to r/c:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Renault 11.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	320002

Name:	Renault 14.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	320004

Name:	Renault 15.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	320003

Name:	Renault 16.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	320005

Name:	Renault 09.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	320006

Name:	IMG_1624.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	320007

You should see six photos. Let me know if they are viewable. Thanks!
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
        I'm sorry Bob, but those pictures are very hard to watch. Not that they aren't viewable... they are making me soooo jealous. ;-)
        That Renault came out awesome. Now I need to find that kit, and the 1/30 Sherman...

TTFN,
        Rob
        Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

• They're showing fine now Bob! Beautiful work! Really like how you can see the interior.

Comment

Trying again to load some photos of my Takom Renault FT conversion to r/c:

Name:	Renault 11.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	320002

Name:	Renault 14.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	320004

Name:	Renault 15.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	320003

Name:	Renault 16.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	320005

Name:	Renault 09.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	320006

Name:	IMG_1624.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	320007

Superb!

Comment

• SoCalBobS looks like it just rolled out of the Renault Works. Very authentic & probably nothing else like it.

Comment

• Clip of the Renault moving. Slow it to half or quarter speed on YouTube or it’s a jackrabbit!

Comment

• Two and a half....tanks? Is that a thing?

Name:	Panzers 01.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	401.5 KB
ID:	320634

Name:	Panzers 02.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	358.5 KB
ID:	320633

Lego doesn't make military models. However, a Polish company called Cobi does. Their blocks are compatible with Lego. If you or someone you know are into Legos, take a look at their line - eBay and Amazon.

Comment

• Wow! I did not realize that the early version of the Panzer I is that short compared to the next version Ausf B until I see them next to each other. Very nice collections of the Panzer I. Do you have any Panzer II in 1/16?

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                      Wow! I did not realize that the early version of the Panzer I is that short compared to the next version Ausf B until I see them next to each other. Very nice collections of the Panzer I. Do you have any Panzer II in 1/16?
                      Yeah, an additional road wheel was added, lengthening it. No Panzer II in 1:16. There's only one Panzer II in that scale that I know of, and it's the Luchs, a completely different suspension design from the other models. I don't know if it's still available. A VERY tempting conversion product was also available. Watch this video:

In the meantime, anyone sense a trend here?

Name:	IMG_1648.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	320641

1:16, 1:43, 1:72 & 1:144 scales. It was really hard putting radio control into that smallest one. 😁

Comment

• Comparison between 1A & 1B:

Name:	IMG_1649.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	320650Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1651.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	320651

Comment

Comparison between 1A & 1B:

Name:	IMG_1649.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	320650Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1651.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	320651
                          Great 2 comparison pictures on the 2 models. Thank you! They look good. That video about the Luchs was awesome. I do have a Luchs un-assembled in the box. It is still available in the market. I will put it together and see whats need to be done. I have a great RC adviser who live near my house. I will come and show it to him :-)

Name:	IMG_7195.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	320653

Comment

• I checked, yeah they’re still available. I have an email to 35rctank to see if/when he will have the conversion. To my mind, it’d be worth every penny, even north of $200.

Comment

• Please inform them that I will also join you to turn my Luchs into RC.

Comment

• Just out for a stroll. Click image for larger version

Name:	223604714_4835511756477593_644734297516762868_n.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	320682
                                RC tank parts and accessories I make
                                www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• DavidN, I received a reply from 35rctanks regarding the Lucas conversion. Good news!

“Thanks for your interest in our product! We will restock some Luchs kit in coming months. You have a good chance to buy it. I have added your e-mail to our mailing list. You will receive our e-mail when they are available.

Have a nice day!

S.K.
                                  35rctank”

Send him him an email to be put on the list.

Comment

• That’s great. Thank you! I have just emailed 35rctank about the Luchs.

Comment

DavidN, I received a reply from 35rctanks regarding the Lucas conversion. Good news!

“Thanks for your interest in our product! We will restock some Luchs kit in coming months. You have a good chance to buy it. I have added your e-mail to our mailing list. You will receive our e-mail when they are available.

Have a nice day!

S.K.
                                      35rctank”

Send him him an email to be put on the list.

Bob, I have received a similar email from 35rctank today

Comment

• Originally posted by BcuriousR View Post
                                        Converted a HL M4A3 Sherman to an M36BI. It uses the Mato M36 turret, 3D printed travel lock relocation, IR receiver base, and Jerry cans. It used a HL 6.1s (for servo recoil and elevation).
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2444.jpg Views:	380 Size:	142.2 KB ID:	258227
                                        Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2608.JPG Views:	0 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	258225
                                        Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2590.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.6 KB ID:	258224
                                        I really like M36B1. Did you repaint the whole tank? If not, what type of paint and color did you use to match the HL lower hull to paint the Mato turret? It has been a year since you posted your nice result, can you remember and share any major obstacle in this project? Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidN View Post

I really like M36B1. Did you repaint the whole tank? If not, what type of paint and color did you use to match the HL lower hull to paint the Mato turret? It has been a year since you posted your nice result, can you remember and share any major obstacle in this project? Thank you!
                                          Yes, the whole tank is repainted. However, the base green is a very good match to the HL color: Tamiya TS28. Though if you're painting a turret, you might as well paint everything else so all the weathering, streaking, filtering, dust, etc. match.

I still tinker with it every now and again. The original build was to see what could be done on a somewhat limited budget as well as test out the servo outputs on the HL 6.1.

2 challenges come to mind on this build.
                                          1. Turret ring. I think the M36 turret from Mato is not mounted as high as the HL Sherman turret. So, mounting in the factory configuration caused the ring and turret to clamp down on the upper hull, limiting movement and dragging. You could probably just add washers to the posts, but I wanted it to be as clean as possible.... and justify my 3D printer. So I created a ring that locks inside the HL ring and creates a small spacer.

Name:	IMG_2479.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	321963

2. Servo throw: In order for the barrel to recoil and the gun to elevate, servos must be adjusted. With more advanced radios and boards (IBU2U, Clark, etc.), adjustments can be made digitally in the board or in the radio. The HL requires adjustment in the linkage itself. It is a bit fiddly, but works with time and patience.

I'm still working on crew placement and IR base. I hid the receiver mount with a faux radio box. It simply pops on and off. I'm moving the wiring as we speak.

Name:	IMG_5694.JPG
Views:	856
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	321962
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X