X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
    Heng Long M4 Sherman turned into a post war Russian themed “Firefly”. Still a work in progress. This tank will be used as a “loaner” tank for IR battle days at both the LA and San Diego tank club battle days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_76054.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	329536Click image for larger version

Name:	57EDE31F-257D-4A49-975B-45A76289CB60.jpeg
Views:	781
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	329539
    That is beautiful! I will have to check out LA tank club battle day. Most of my tanks are Taigen, so I am trying to get them converted to Tamiya Protocol. I should soon have three Tamiya tanks (one on the way), so I hope to be able to participate soon!

Comment

• That storage box fits perfectly at the rear of the turret. Good idea

Comment

• Originally posted by RT Asp View Post

That is beautiful! I will have to check out LA tank club battle day. Most of my tanks are Taigen, so I am trying to get them converted to Tamiya Protocol. I should soon have three Tamiya tanks (one on the way), so I hope to be able to participate soon!
        We you can still come out and watch in the mean time. If you don’t have plans for Sat the 13th San Diego Tank club is having their Nov battle day. Starts around 10am and goes to around 1pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

We you can still come out and watch in the mean time. If you don’t have plans for Sat the 13th San Diego Tank club is having their Nov battle day. Starts around 10am and goes to around 1pm.
          Thank you!!! Will try to make the upcoming one in LA!

Comment

• Field photos of my Russian themed “Firefly” during the San Diego Nov 2021 battle day. It still needs a few tweaks here and there.

Name:	809DFF3B-BD73-4130-B64C-2F1CF0F6ED94.jpeg
Views:	569
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	329729Click image for larger version

Name:	746F4A8F-CC22-4B4C-BBAD-1D4D7D3A0025.jpeg
Views:	548
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	329730Click image for larger version

Name:	5EFD6C41-0E9D-4247-B6F1-A4424EE74052.jpeg
Views:	544
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	329731 Team “Sherman” on the move.

Comment

• I really like those track links hanging on both sides of the turret for more protection . Looks so cool!

Comment

• The Zik-20 with riders:

Name:	Zik-20 023.JPG
Views:	517
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	330885

Name:	Zik-20 026.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	330884

Name:	Zik-20 025.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	330883

Name:	Zik-20 024.JPG
Views:	530
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	330882

Name:	Zik-20 022.JPG
Views:	545
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	330881
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Here's a short clip of it running.

A short clip demonstrating the running capability of a radio control tank conversion. It's a Vandramodel conversion kit that fits on a Heng Long KV-1 chassis...

Comment

• You're so skillful Bob! I like all the soldiers too, especially the guy with the cigarette.

Comment

• A couple pics from the only time I took the Merkava 4M out for a run. It was doing great till it lost a wheel....
                      Isnt this just an awesome looking tank. I plan to get a henglong one when they are released.
                      Moral of the story, more like a saga, dont ever buy a hooben. Though they are working with me for support. We will see if repair parts show up.

Name:	KIMG2856.JPG
Views:	530
Size:	295.3 KB
ID:	330912Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2862.JPG
Views:	518
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	330913
                      RC tank parts and accessories I make
                      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                        A couple pics from the only time I took the Merkava 4M out for a run. It was doing great till it lost a wheel....
                        Isnt this just an awesome looking tank. I plan to get a henglong one when they are released.
                        Moral of the story, more like a saga, dont ever buy a hooben. Though they are working with me for support. We will see if repair parts show up.
                        And are they they only company that made the Elefant and Cromwell? If that is true, I am quite sad :*(

Comment

• So far yes. Though if you want an Elephant talk to Jeff. He has one but it required new transmissions. You could also talk to Kenny Gaddis at DAK RC electronics. He recently rebuilt a newer one for a customer and worked the bugs out. I think somebody else is making a Cromwell too but dont quote me on it.

Comment

• A Heng Long Panther G with a specific camouflage scheme seen in March 1945 at a battle near Muncheberg, Germany. The tank has been modified to replace the airsoft function with a barrel flash LED and a top secret German laser aiming light in the mantlet. ;) Markings for that time are made by Peddinghaus Decals.

Name:	Panther G 10.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	331239

Name:	Panther G 12.JPG
Views:	509
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	331241

Name:	Panther G 09.JPG
Views:	499
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	331243

Name:	Panther G 14.JPG
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	331242

A short clip, to confirm it is a runner, not a shelf queen.

Attached Files

Comment

• I like your overlapped numbers on the turret. So nice to see something "different"

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                                A Heng Long Panther G with a specific camouflage scheme seen in March 1945 at a battle near Muncheberg, Germany. The tank has been modified to replace the airsoft function with a barrel flash LED and a top secret German laser aiming light in the mantlet. ;) Markings for that time are made by Peddinghaus Decals.

Name:	Panther G 10.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	331239

Name:	Panther G 12.JPG
Views:	509
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	331241

Name:	Panther G 09.JPG
Views:	499
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	331243

Name:	Panther G 14.JPG
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	331242

A short clip, to confirm it is a runner, not a shelf queen.

https://youtu.be/pyPcyVUtgJU
                                Looking good!!

Comment

• Ok, so my Toucan Hobby Panther barrel was too long! I re-installed the original barrel. I had to get into the turret anyway, and I figured since I was there.....

Name:	M4 Sherman 07.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	331886

Comment

• Nothing is like the original. lol. It looks nice, Bob. Yeap, not only the Toucan barrel was as big and long as the King Tiger, it also had the wrong muzzle brake. I am waiting for this one to arrive as recommended by R99. Then I can trim it down and install it into my Sherman. It does looks very long from their picture.

Name:	s-l1600C.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	331888

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                                      So far yes. Though if you want an Elephant talk to Jeff. He has one but it required new transmissions. You could also talk to Kenny Gaddis at DAK RC electronics. He recently rebuilt a newer one for a customer and worked the bugs out. I think somebody else is making a Cromwell too but dont quote me on it.
                                      Rich, just want to say thank you! Instead of feeling sad that someone had snatched the Pershing from me at MotionRC, I acquired for myself an Arkmodel Elefant with all the Tamiya components inside. The Tamiya battle unit is already installed. I am supper happy that I actually have this "beast" sitting in front of me in my room. All it needs now are some additional decals, some weathering and a dull-coat for protection.

Name:	IMG_8560A.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	332754

Comment

• Wow you got Jeff’s Elephant. Lucky you!

Comment

• I am very lucky. All the bad reviews about this tank and the Tamiya expert did the work inside to make it run well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X